No announcement yet.

WSU at SMU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At 13:33 WSU got a rebound down 26-50.
    13 possessions, 13 rebounds (8 Def and 5 Off), 11-18 FG, 8-13 3-ptr, 2 FTs and 1 steal later the score was tied at 58-58 with 3:07 remaining.
    During that time, SMU had 8 points and 3 rebounds (1 def and 2 off)

Offensively, That's 32 points in 13 possessions, 2.46. That's 3.10 points per minute.
    Defensively, that's 0.615 points per possession; 0.776 point per minute.

SMU was milking the clock during most of this run, making the 3.10 per minute even more noteworthy.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Ummm, I never said cut him, I didn't bring ES up in this thread. All I did was give the facts.

asiseeit, my analysis and opinions on players is NEVER personal. You assume I don't like him? LOL That's funny.
      It does appear GM has a problem with his attitude. What do you have do say about that??
      The why keep bringing up what a POS teammate you think his?!

I don't tell people "I love my best friend, but here are all the examples of him being a POS friend", because that would be a douchey thing to do to someone I "like", even if they are "facts"
      The Assman

Comment

• Maybe we need to develop a Sunshine/Sourpuss metric, indexed against the current score in the game at the time of the post or time elapsed since the game has ended. Or maybe the in-game one could be the BPP index (Bitches Per Possession). One of the stat gurus want to jump on this? It's all about big data, just need to parse out the key things.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          I loved Gregg trying to shake every last drop of water out of that bottle; pretty sure it was bone dry when he stopped! Apparently he didn't think they were going to give him another one!
          "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Wichita State vs SMU FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS - Mar. 1, 2020Any highlights you would like to see? Leave a comment on which game you would like! Subscribe for mor...

Link for game highlights if you want to watch again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
              And once again here are the facts:

This was not quite the way I remembered it so when I re watched the comeback I took notes. These are the facts.

Down 24. We make the first 3 at 12:36 -- Pooh Bear the only player on the bench to stand.

DD 3 at 11:35 -- Entire bench stand except ES who stays seated.

DD 3 at 10:40 -- ES is ;the last player on the bench to stand

JE 2 at 10:00 -- ES stands with the rest of the bench

GS 3 at 8:50 -- Up with team

DD 3 at 8:00 -- Up with team

JE Dunk at 7:16 -- last to stand up

From 6:20 on ES was all in

The reality is he was late to the party as a supporting team mate but he eventually jumped on board

If you have an opinion on an athlete, that's fine. Don't spout "facts" and then get them completely wrong.

First 3 was at 13:12 by Etienne. Poor Bear was in the game, so your first "fact" had 3 errors in it. (I'm counting a 3rd because when you posted these facts the first time, you said we were down
              26.)

3 at 12:38 was Grant--Poor Bear is still in the game so he couldn't be the only player to stand. 3 players stood.

DD 3 at 11:42--4 players remained seated on the bench.

DD 3 at 10:43 -- 2 players remained seated and ES stood up with everyone else

Jaime 2 at 10:02--you fail to mention that ES was one of first off the bench with a "3" raised when Dexter launched

So there's something wrong with each one of the first 4 "facts" that you presented.

It's really easy to check these, what with video and all.

Like I said, if you have an axe to grind or an opinion, that's fine. Just don't let that cloud your judgement when you say they are "facts."

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post

I loved Gregg trying to shake every last drop of water out of that bottle; pretty sure it was bone dry when he stopped! Apparently he didn't think they were going to give him another one!
                He wasn't always making 4+ million a year.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• WOW! A 36 page game thread for SMU. Nice.

Comment

• At 3:57 Jacob Herrs scratches his left nut. I wonder what that means?
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Comparing comeback at SMU with at MOST in 13-14

MoState 11:48 down 35-54 Tied at 0:08 29-10 run in 11:40 game clock
                      SMU 14:48 (actually our first scoring possession began at 13:33) down 26-50. Tied at 3:07. 32-8 in 11:41 game clock.

Comment

• SMU33 was the scourge of the FT line early in the season.
                        Non-conf 23-40 (57.5%)
                        Conference 33-47 (70.2%)

Kudos to JB's hard work. Clutch yesterday @ SMU

Comment

• Rewatching comeback and it’s amazing the number of things that have to go right. Obviously hot shooting, but rebounding, loose balls, refs calls on 50/50 out of bounds, bad SMU offense.

The times we’ve been on the wrong end of big comebacks, it’s almost always quick/bad shots and losing hustle plays more than bad defense from us or great offense from our opponents.
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Look - I actually think Fever has a good point. This board, and thread, would be boring AF if people were just happy go lucky all the time. Being negative when your team is down 24 with 14 minutes left is perfectly acceptable.

What I think is silly, which I also posted about after Cincinnati, is the over the top negativity. I think comments like "I’m not sure how anyone thinks this is an NCAA team" is over the top. IMO, that is just a dumb comment. And I will call out the dumb comments, because I think they are dumb, and there seems to be not enough self policing of dumb comments on this board the past few weeks.
                            The problem is not being negative but the attack on those that are positive. Just look at the last few years in the baseball forum and if anyone said anything positive or encouraging. He would be all over that.

My problem is Fever can't let the people post there positive views without attacking.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

The problem is not being negative but the attack on those that are positive. Just look at the last few years in the baseball forum and if anyone said anything positive or encouraging. He would be all over that.

My problem is Fever can't let the people post there positive views without attacking.
                              lol did you just bring up Todd Butler era baseball to make a point?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

lol did you just bring up Todd Butler era baseball to make a point?
                                and point made.

Comment

Working...
                                X