Grant Sherfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
    I think he is gone. And I think more will be in a month or two.

The whole season has been chaotic
    Just been weird. 2007-08esque.

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

If true, then his locker-room and sideline behavior would certainly make a lot more sense.

I always chalked up his calm demeanor to being a military kid, but it has always seemed odd to never be that involved in the team celebrations.
      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

Just been weird. 2007-08esque.
        I think you mean 06-07?
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Didn't we lose Reaves, Lomax, Bench-warmers and assistant coaches all in the same month?

Comment

Taylor's response on twitter has been ... "There is nothing to report officially right now" ... that's not a great answer ...

Comment

Kind of weird...he was a guest on Bob and Jeff a week ago and sounded all hunky...

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                All I know is something odd happened after the Memphis game. Not sure what, but something. 3Gs comments about grass or whatever were telling.
                Crab grass spreads like wildfire?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Hard to tell what GS will do. I wish he would stay. If he leaves, I hope he waits until the Season ends. Freshmen players here don't usually get 25 minutes a game as GS has. FVV played less minutes his Freshman year than 7 other Shockers and never started a game that Season. FVV averaged 16.2 mpg, and his 3-pt. % was 40.8% his Freshman year. FVV came on strong that Season and drained a long 3-pointer at the Dance verses the Zags that really helped us towards the end of the game. The Shocks were picked 4th in the Valley that Season and made the Final 4. FVV was handed the keys to the point guard position, but not until his Soph. Season. He played behind Armstead and learned while earning lots of future minutes for 3 Seasons.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Taylor's response on twitter has been ... "There is nothing to report officially right now" ... that's not a great answer ...
                    Where'd you see Taylor saying anything about this? I don't see anything on his Twitter page.
                    "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

Another snake bite to this program. Why can't we just have nice things and enjoy them for awhile? Year after year, it's always something. When you're a program that has to do 200% more than Power 5 schools to attract and recruit kids and then become a winner, stuff like this just kills the momentum. Typical take one step forward then two steps back crap that I hate.

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

Thought we were a bowling school
                        Sir, this is an ATHLETICS board, not recreational hobbies.

I kid, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by insaneykaney View Post

Where'd you see Taylor saying anything about this? I don't see anything on his Twitter page.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Thanks!
                            "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                              Another snake bite to this program. Why can't we just have nice things and enjoy them for awhile? Year after year, it's always something. When you're a program that has to do 200% more than Power 5 schools to attract and recruit kids and then become a winner, stuff like this just kills the momentum. Typical take one step forward then two steps back crap that I hate.
                              I might recommend a KU affiliation for you (you might be there already?); you’ll be happier most of the time and will likely enjoy a National Championship this year before the NCAA hammer comes down and strips them of their title. If you “hate” ‘it’, you can change ‘it’. I’ll say this, it sure isn’t boring around here.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                                I don't know what the rules are now for this forum, but in the past I thought we weren't supposed to post anything having to do with rumors about a current player.
                                I contemplated killing it, but unfortunately ....
                                Last edited by Kung Wu; February 26, 2020, 01:32 PM.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X