Grant Sherfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so here is what I guess Marshall Said

Gregg Marshall on Grant Sherfield situation: They talked on Tuesday and WSU wants him to do a few things a little differently. GM said it's an easy change if he wants to make the change. He's a good kid and loves having him in the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Yes, I am a serious 60 year fan of Shocker basketball.
      whatever you say Cougar1976

Comment

Offer counter arguments to the points I made if you think this is "shameful" rather than spewing mindless tripe from the Marshall cool aid you and others continue to drink. "Oh Marshall is wonderful and must be blindly supported because he has coached the Shockers to a level where he can beat mediocre mid-tier teams."

Do you think Kelvin Sampson loses sleep worrying about playing a Marshall coached team?
        Multiple people including myself pretty thoroughly laid out the case for why the stance you’ve taken is...ill conceived. But you’ve ignored it. Honestly, people have been way nicer than a post like that deserves. Now you’re doubling down on the stupidity.

Maybe we can get Barry Hinson in here for you. Never heard his coaches show but that guy gives one hell of a press conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
          There was no social media then. But things like For Sale Signs being put in his lawn after the team lost an Elite 8 game that fans thought they should have won, harassing phone calls, etc.
          Why couldn't Ernie Moore play in that 8 game or perhaps the tournament? Injury or eligibility? That may have determined the outcome.

Comment

• The Assman

Comment

• Maybe Mom and Pop had a “WTF ARE YOU DOING?!” conversation with their son Tuesday night.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                This team needs to stick together and get better. No more turnover if possible.

Comment

3 for 4 on 3-pointers. I like it. Adjustments that won't be hard sound good. Hope he does the work.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                    so here is what I guess Marshall Said
                    I really hope things work out for GS. He is a Wichita kid. And I like him. But, a lot of players today get frustrated early in their college careers and decide to not stick it out and transfer when they face some adversity. It takes a strong person to hang tough.

But I remember the great story about Villanova's guard Donte Devincenzo. They say he was really upset that he did not make the starting 5 that year they won the National Championship. But he sucked it up and came off the bench and made a huge contribution to Nova winning the championship. I really like how he lit the chickenhawks up. And guess what ? He got drafted in the 1st round of the NBA. My point is that guys just need to have patience and focus on what they need to do to improve and do something when they get the chance to play. Don't worry about the future. You can't control it anyway. Go Shocks.

Comment

• So Kennedy did not address the Sherfield situation at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        So Kennedy did not address the Sherfield situation at all?
                        He’s a company man.

Official team radio shows might as well be run by Big Brother. No questions Dear Leader.
                        The Assman

Comment

He’s a company man.

Official team radio shows might as well be run by Big Brother. No questions Dear Leader.
                          Also didn't question the ES foul with 5 seconds left. I mean, he didn't even pause during the broadcast when it happened.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Taylor, Mike, Dave, and Shane all walk a fine line when dealing with the Athletic Department and it’s not realistic to expect them to “buck” the people who they depend on for information. They find out more inside baseball (infotmation) so to speak with a good relationship than they would if they develop a hostile relationship with the coaches of teams they cover.

Comment

Thanks Top for the support; as Doc posted on the baseball thread "I'll try to make this the only time I address this on the board, but I realize a few posters here don't understand my support of The Butler in the past. That's fine. Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one."

IMO everything about Marshall is now stale and trending downward; importantly, IMO he has not replaced Ralph Miller as the best Shocker coach.
                              FYP

Comment

• I hope he stays. He has to figure it out though.

A Wichita kid doing well here will always warm my heart just a little extra. I think it’s great for the program.

I agree with Marshall; he does seem like a great kid. Now I hope he can become a great basketball player and a great Shocker!
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X