No announcement yet.

Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stutz and Hall combined for 30 points inside (well 3 of Stutz's points was the 3 that seem to get the 3s started for WSU) while Joe Ragland scored 31 mostly from the outside including going 8 of 9 from the 3 point line.

That is a hard combination to beat.

Comment

• Umm that was pretty damn impressive
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Not to mention Toure's penetration and David's all around game. The five starters were REALLY, REALLY good. The entire bench contributed as well, but HCGM saddled up Rags, Hall, and Murry and road them to the tune of 34 minutes today. Just having a really hard time complaining about anything the Shockers did.

Also, shooting 60% as a team will cure almost any issues with chemistry.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Something interesting happened the 1st half to ponder. Mr. Stutz sit out many minutes and soon was joined by Toure' for a short spell. However, our inside game with Hall surged ahead. UNLV focused on getting Stutz in early foul trouble and it happened. Even so, in walks everybody else that played for the Shox and they played a role.

In the 2nd half, we got their big man in foul trouble. Af first, we were missing some key throws, but settled down and started hitting on all cylinders. UNLV did not know what hit them today. We kept our turnovers to a mild roar. Rags and Hall came through in a huge way. Stutz got in the groove in the 2nd half. When he receives the rock close to the hoop, great things will happen. Rags was shooting the ball like the Big O, Oscar Robertson today. That was an awesome sight. Then when Mike Kennedy was interviewing him, Rags was sure to mention the 1,000th game for Mr. Kennedy. That was sooooo cool.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• What a fun game to be at! Things obviously look a lot better when the ball goes in the hoop, but I think we win even if we don't shoot lights out. Probably top 5, at least top 10 game atmospheres for games I have been at. If it was a close game I think it would have been right up there with the Florida State game.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
              We kept our turnovers to a mild roar.
              More like a quiet murmur at only 6. What was a loud roar was our 59% shooting and 20 assists and loudest of all, of course, Joe's 3-point shooting.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                I wish Coach coulda subbed for Joe with about 30 seconds left.
                He emptied the bench with about a minute left, but there wasn't a stoppage in play the rest of the way.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• This game would have been perfect to be on ESPN or some version of National coverage. Even so, we will get some nice attention for this nice win I hope.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

This game would have been perfect to be on ESPN or some version of National coverage. Even so, we will get some nice attention for this nice win I hope.
                    Eyes were already on this game. The coverage will be there. This win, especially being a 19 point win, won't go unnoticed. Now the Shox just need to take care of business and not lose any games to bad teams. Otherwise this win won't mean as much. Can't have any setbacks!
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

This game would have been perfect to be on ESPN or some version of National coverage. Even so, we will get some nice attention for this nice win I hope.
                      It would have been a good game for Jay Bilas to check off an item from his bucket list.

Comment

• We are not 20 points better than UNLV. We are better than Temple. This team learns how to play when the shots aren't falling and they will be pretty damn good. Of course, the better option is for the shots to always fall!
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Does anyone know if/when COX will replay this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            More like a quiet murmur at only 6. What was a loud roar was our 59% shooting and 20 assists and loudest of all, of course, Joe's 3-point shooting.
                            Yes, and Murry had 4 of those turnovers. If he can learn to not force things as much, it will give us that many more possessions.

Comment

• It should show up on-demand soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                                Does anyone know if/when COX will replay this game.
                                Monday at 7:30pm
                                Tuesday at 6:00pm

Comment

Working...
                                X