No announcement yet.

Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any info on why Orukpe did not play other than that stretch in the first half? I though he played well, got a big block that was called a foul but wasnt, then went to the bench and never came back in.

I thought he played well.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      I liked the caller on the post game who criticized Marshall for not inserting the bench at 4 minutes to give them experience. C'mon, give me a break. I still remember a game (not recently), where the Shockers (with Cheese Johnson) beat DePaul. We were down 11 with 90 seconds left in the game. A hot shooting team like UNLV could come back very quickly if turnovers start to happen, followed by quick 3's. Bad Call.
      It just wasn't that the caller seemed somewhat unintelligent regarding the kind of opponent the Shocks were faced with but he used a very condescending and demanding tone in asking his question. In any case Shane and Coach Janz handled it very well.

Comment

• agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          It just wasn't that the caller seemed somewhat unintelligent regarding the kind of opponent the Shocks were faced with but he used a very condescending and demanding tone in asking his question. In any case Shane and Coach Janz handled it very well.
          this is a game that may well swing an at large bid to the Shocks in March. HCGM was right to take care of business
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
            Anyone have any info on why Orukpe did not play other than that stretch in the first half? I though he played well, got a big block that was called a foul but wasnt, then went to the bench and never came back in.

I'm sure Garrett staying out of foul trouble in the second half was the primary reason.

Comment

• The kind of performance we've all been waiting for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                Anyone have any info on why Orukpe did not play other than that stretch in the first half? I though he played well, got a big block that was called a foul but wasnt, then went to the bench and never came back in.

Garrett played 14-16 minutes of the second half; Hall played the other few minutes at the 5. EO had the same problem Garrett did...2 fouls in 5 minutes...but he did grab a couple of boards.

Comment

• I sometimes wonder how they deal with all the idiots that call in to that show...

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    The game with DePaul was before the 3 pt. shot. We scored 6 field goals and they didn't score in that 90 second period. Six 3's are 18 pts in 90 seconds.

Comment

• Since I am usually at home games everytime, I don't get to listen to Kennedy very much. However, this is the one game I had to miss this year (and what a bummer for me) but it was an honor to listen to Kennedy on his 1000th game. Props the the Shocks on an awesome win and props to Kennedy for being such a fantastic sports caster.

Comment

• I wish Coach coulda subbed for Joe with about 30 seconds left.

8 three-pointers. What's the WSU record?

Cotton is gonna be pretty good.

Extremely physical game. Too rough, for my taste. Usually we lose those.

Good crowd, I thought. Was it sold out?

I kept expecting them to trap on the inbounds.

Would not be surprised to see a couple of those guys in the NBA.

All kinds of Jumbotron problems. Wow. Fix that.

That would have been a great game to bring a recruit to.....

Comment

• Great game got to come up from Dallas to see it with @Anthroshock:. Shox's kept the tempo in our favor and a great shooting night. Even a good team like UNLV didn't have much of a chance.
                          Last edited by HarpBros; December 5, 2011, 01:01 AM.
                          "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

• Amen.........All I wanted for my 39th birthday was this kind of performance and we got it. Huge Win and have been reading the Rebels blog all week leading up to this matchup and they literally thought UCSB had a tougher atmosphere and were definately a better team than the Shox. Well at halftime I was in line at the concession stand and was next 2 one of those Rebel fans and asked him if USCB had a better atmosphere and he said not even close...WSU...That was nice hearing since today was good.....but could of been alot better if the game was closer(like the NIT vs. FSU)......anyways-----it goes 2 show you when we play good and play a complete game we can play with anyone......Congrats Mr. Hall.......you keep getting better every game.....Ur a "Beast"

Comment

• Grey or Gray? I always get those two confused. But anyway, grey or gray don't look so bad now!!!

Go Shockers!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                                Grey or Gray? I always get those two confused. But anyway, grey or gray don't look so bad now!!!

Go Shockers!!!
                                both are correct I think
                                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X