No announcement yet.

Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now we need to hope UNLV doesn't fall out of the Top 25/35. They got tough games at Wisconsin, at Illinois and Cal at home. If they falter down the stretch then our win won't look so attractive at season's end. We need to be UNLV fans and hope they take at least 2 of 3 in those games.

Comment

• The Beast's development has been something special to watch. By the end of the season, there won't be a lot of teams in the country that will be able to control him.

I have a man crush on Tekele Cotton. It gives me goosebumps to imagine a couple years from now Cotton, Van Vleet, Hawkins, and Early on the floor at the same time. We'll be in good hands.

EO continues to not be bad. He would start on most Valley teams. We will miss GS but I don't worry that next year we'll be completely lacking at the 5.

If we continue to play like this, we may be ranked when we play Creighton. When was the last time two ranked Valley teams played in the regular season?
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
        If we continue to play like this, we may be ranked when we play Creighton. When was the last time two ranked Valley teams played in the regular season?
        That paragraph made me really giddy. I'm so excited for that game it's insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
          Now we need to hope UNLV doesn't fall out of the Top 25/35. They got tough games at Wisconsin, at Illinois and Cal at home. If they falter down the stretch then our win won't look so attractive at season's end. We need to be UNLV fans and hope they take at least 2 of 3 in those games.
          GO REBELS!

Comment

• This has been a thought of mine for many, many years. It is a bit surprising that it hasn't happened yet.

I do not think that WSU will be ranked on Dec 31. It seems more likely that the two teams will be ranked when they play in Omaha in February.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
              Yes, and Murry had 4 of those turnovers. If he can learn to not force things as much, it will give us that many more possessions.
              He also had 8 assists and I don't know of many coaches that will complain too much about a 2:1 assist to turnover ratio from even a point guard, much less a wing.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• There was a stretch in the first half where Toure Murry was as good as anyone in the country. Yes, that good.

Looking outside Joe's insanely good shooting, I think you'll see the following:

Hitting some 3s opened the inside, and both Carl Hall and Garrett Stutz were huge, especially in the 2nd half. Stutz controlled the middle, and Carl Hall was the best player on the court.

You always look good when you make shots. 23 threes is too many in the long run. The defensive effort was amazing though and that kind of consistency on the defensive side of the ball will bode well for most of the year.

A more enjoyable game I cannot remember. I wish we could play that team every year. Did you find yourself cringing about future games in the grab and hold, grind it into the ground, fake flop and try to trick the refs because you can't play athletically with the Shocks, Valley?

I did.

Comment

• ESPN Men's Basketball front page currently:
                  Get the latest NCAA basketball news, scores, stats, standings, and more from ESPN.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Doc, you mean you're not razzed about playing the Indiana State's, Evansville's, and Northern Iowa's of the world? Come on now, that is GREAT basketball.. :mad:
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Great win, Coach Marshall and team! That was 40 minutes of solid playing. Now go out and kick some Utah State, Tulsa, and Missouri Valley butt!
                      WSU Class of 1995

Comment

• Get the latest NCAA basketball news, scores, stats, standings, and more from ESPN.

Even better...

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                          Nice! "Not a Shocking Blow out"

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                            Yes, and Murry had 4 of those turnovers. If he can learn to not force things as much, it will give us that many more possessions.
                            Keep in mind that those 6 turnovers include offensive fouls. I remember Toure had 1 charge and I think we may have had 1 other charge, although I'm not positive about that.

Also as Paul Suellentrop pointed out in his blog when he watched the game highlights seemed like Toure was involved in the great majority of those. I will take that game from Toure any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Thank you very much.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 5, 2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Exactly, Murry had a solid all around game.

Comment

• Sometimes, from some people, the expectations laid at the feet of the players and the program is completely out of bounds.

Yes, if Toure had zero turnovers instead of 4 he would be better. Ever think he gets 8 assists because he is putting pressure on the other team?

Good gravy, Toure' Murry was as good as anyone in the country yesterday at both ends of the court. The rest of the team was pretty salty too. Enjoy it!

And I hope the noodlehead that was caller 1 on the post game show has the guts to show his face here and take the verbal assault he deserves. There aren't words yet that correctly define that level of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X