Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
    The seats below me in 122 I believe are the big block that the athletic department and university have to dish out. While yes it stinks to have empty seats, we often take advantage of it to get more elbow room.
    Too much elbow room will make you soft. They need to fill those seats.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
      The seats below me
      So you are saying you are better than those seats, eh? Huh.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Perhaps this is a Captain Obvious statement, but UNLV HC Dave Rice will always have the memory of CKA as the locale for his 1st head coaching loss.
        Certainly is part of his history now. I will say though that I really like the way Coach Rice comports himself on the sidelines. Seems like a good guy. I hope he has great success at UNLV except for anytime they are playing the Shocks.

Comment

• I just watched the replay on COX 22. The game was just as good the second time around.

BTW- Lutz was wrong about the big Swede dunking over Stutz. Stutz wasn't anywhere near him when he made that dunk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
            I understand that Garrett didn't play many minutes first half, but I wonder how many times you saw Ragland pass Stutz the ball. Not only in the post, but anywhere on the floor.
            I just watched the replay of the game and you are right. Joe did not pass the ball to Garrett. OTOH, I did not see any situation in which I thought Joe should have passed the ball to Garrett and failed to do so. So I really don't think this was an issue, at least in the UNLV game. I do think the Rebels had targeted Garrett in this game. They may have watched the Cal-Fullerton game and saw how we tried to force the ball inside even if it wasn't there.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              I just watched the replay of the game and you are right. Joe did not pass the ball to Garrett. OTOH, I did not see any situation in which I thought Joe should have passed the ball to Garrett and failed to do so. So I really don't think this was an issue, at least in the UNLV game. I do think the Rebels had targeted Garrett in this game. They may have watched the Cal-Fullerton game and saw how we tried to force the ball inside even if it wasn't there.
              My take on the Joe and Toure not passing the ball to Garrett is way overblown.First of all, Stutz should never have said it in a public forum if it was happening, which I don't think it was,and if it was happening it should have been discussed behind closed doors by HCGM.Any coach worth his salt can handle that situation very easily,and HCGM is a good coach.Garrett was a little emotional after a hard fought loss and said something I know he wish he hadn't.There was never a chemistry problem with this team, but when players say things while being interviewed they never think about the millions listening who are taking in every word and reading and analyzing thoughts, pauses,and all sorts of things that don't mean a thing.Bottom line,he was emotional when he said it and winning has a way of taking care of all perceived problems.Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• I don't think its an overall chemistry thing. Toure gets Garrett the ball whenever it is there. I know most of the time the plays are set up for Kyles to give the inlet pass to Garrett. Teams seem to be picking up on this. It will be interesting to see how things continue the rest of the year.

Go Shox!

Comment

Working...
                X