Positive Thoughts For Dex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shock View Post

You sound like a Democrat with your race pigeon-holing.
    Facts are facts pal. Black people invented blues, jazz, and even rock and roll. Watching a white guy sing blues is borderline irreverent. In fact, about the only white guy I've ever heard sing blues well was doing his best impression of a black guy. I'm cool with the homogenization of jazz and rock, but blues goes back to the plantation. The unique sound of "soul" contained therein was born out of pain and misery. I'm far from an activist, but watching a white guy attempt to make money in that genre of music could almost make me one.

If I sound like a Democrat, so be it.

I'm definitely a blues/jazz snob.

A Brief History of the Blues article by Ed Kopp, published on August 16, 2005 at All About Jazz. Find more From Far and Wide articles

Now after the equivalent of getting your vegetables with Son House, we move onto the chef's special...

Howlin' Wolf is definitely a certified CB Lunker. The man just so happens to be 6'6 as well.

T

Comment

Nobody knows what the hell is going on. It's a surprise more players don't take a break with all of the bs they have to endure, especially now via social media.

College athletics don't cure cancer.

Ray Kinsella : Fifty years ago, for five minutes you came within... y-you came this close. It would KILL some men to get so close to their dream and not touch it. God, they'd consider it a tragedy.

Dr. Archibald "Moonlight" Graham : Son, if I'd only gotten to be a doctor for five minutes... now that would have been a tragedy.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Facts are facts pal. Black people invented blues, jazz, and even rock and roll. Watching a white guy sing blues is borderline irreverent. In fact, about the only white guy I've ever heard sing blues well was doing his best impression of a black guy. I'm cool with the homogenization of jazz and rock, but blues goes back to the plantation. The unique sound of "soul" contained therein was born out of pain and misery. I'm far from an activist, but watching a white guy attempt to make money in that genre of music could almost make me one.

If I sound like a Democrat, so be it.

I'm definitely a blues/jazz snob.

A Brief History of the Blues article by Ed Kopp, published on August 16, 2005 at All About Jazz. Find more From Far and Wide articles

Now after the equivalent of getting your vegetables with Son House, we move onto the chef's special...

Howlin' Wolf is definitely a certified CB Lunker. The man just so happens to be 6'6 as well.

T

Jazz is not about pain...

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Does this make Gregg Alan Lomax?
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Ok. Dexter, we’ve got some amazing **** to do. We want you to come do it with us, but it is time to do it or don’t. Don’t leave us hanging. It’s go time.

Comment

It may be hard for him to think about basketball. His shooting slump began with the game against Gardner Webb, when he made 1/5, then 2/11, 2/8, 1/6, 1/8, 0/5, 1/6 (16.3%), Most recently, in the last 4 games, he made 3/25 (12%)
              Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

The way I look at it now is out of sight, out of mind. This team is still extremely talented and need to look forward with what we have available. If DD comes back, great - if not...so be it.

Comment

Several ASS-U-ME that it's basketball related. The only people who really know don't post on SN. I hope for his sake that it's something that he can get thru / past . The Shockers will be fine either way.

BTW - the blues may not have been invented by white dudes but there are several white dudes that have Technicolor souls. Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray, etc.

Comment

white people are the reason for the blues.

Comment

”It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

—-Teddy F’ing Roosevelt
                      Last edited by shoxlax; December 30, 2019, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
                        white people are the reason for the blues.
                        "Don't nobody leave this place without singing the blues..."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Come on Dex. Time to jump back on-board. Your about to miss a hell of a ride!!

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                            Facts are facts pal. Black people invented blues, jazz, and even rock and roll. Watching a white guy sing blues is borderline irreverent. In fact, about the only white guy I've ever heard sing blues well was doing his best impression of a black guy.
                            I'm sorry, but this is probably the most asinine thing I've read in a long time. That's like telling Charley Pride or Darius Rucker they can't write or sing country and western songs.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                              The way I look at it now is out of sight, out of mind. This team is still extremely talented and need to look forward with what we have available. If DD comes back, great - if not...so be it.
                              IMO and work experience with troubled employees, if DD is not on the bench for the Mississippi game Marshall needs to move on regards this season.

Regret losing a talent like DD but the ceiling for this season's Shockers is high and rising. Those on-court minutes provide great opportunity for DG to grow and be an experienced player for post season and 2020/21 season. Shocker fans have to love what is happening this season and its portension for next season.

Comment

Maybe DD has the Ricky Torres curse. He went from a 3P% of 8.9% while here to 38.5% after transferring.

Comment

Working...
                                X