Positive Thoughts For Dex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Stop with all this "take all the time you need" jabber. He needs REAL advice. And he needs it NOW.

First, Dexter needs to break up with his girlfriend if he has one. And if he still likes her, get back with her than break up with her again. Talk about therapeutic!

He should also overload on some homemade brownies and bbq chips and root beer and try not to pass out on the couch while watching a bowling tourney. I darn near made it all the way through watching a UNI game before this therapy did me in, so if he's not a pansy he should be able to handle it at his age.

Then he needs to log into Fortnite and rage at all the sweaty ten year olds that they are noobs that couldn't build a Lego set.

But mainly he needs to get his butt back into a gym.

Now THAT's some REAL high-dollar therapy advice for absolutely nothing, right here on Shockernet.
    The "snowflake" and "safe space" crowd is not going to like this Kung wu!

Comment

Stop with all this "take all the time you need" jabber. He needs REAL advice. And he needs it NOW.

First, Dexter needs to break up with his girlfriend if he has one. And if he still likes her, get back with her than break up with her again. Talk about therapeutic!

He should also overload on some homemade brownies and bbq chips and root beer and try not to pass out on the couch while watching a bowling tourney. I darn near made it all the way through watching a UNI game before this therapy did me in, so if he's not a pansy he should be able to handle it at his age.

Then he needs to log into Fortnite and rage at all the sweaty ten year olds that they are noobs that couldn't build a Lego set.

Now THAT's some REAL high-dollar therapy advice for absolutely nothing, right here on Shockernet.
      We need him to come back, then Coach can run the "redbird" play like 7 times in one game for him. That should be enough to get him going again.

Last edited by Stickboy46; December 27, 2019, 02:57 PM.

Comment

This is grade A advice. Except players shouldn't have girlfriends, period.

Edit: unless you are Brad Pitt you have about an 8 year window to run through as much 20 year old strange as you can. When you are 40 you will wish it had been more rather than less.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Not sure what he's going through. But I hope that it is being stressed with the utmost importance what an opportunity playing high level division I ball and getting a college degree (potentially with a very high GPA) can do for his life in the future.

Just thinking about all the kids that have come through the program, I am hard pressed to think of any that didn't go on to succeed and do very well.

I have no idea what he wants to do, but I have to think that he will have a leg up if he comes back and sticks it out at WSU.

Speaking from an admittedly ignorant level on the details of his life so far, I may be off base. If so, I will humbly accept my place and shut up, but just my 2 cents.

WSU basketball and being on an NCAA tourney team is not only a experience to treasure and spoil yourself with, but is also a launching pad for your career.

Take full advantage.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
            Except players shouldn't have girlfriends, period.
            Book of BOBB, Chapter 3, verse 10.

Preach!
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
              No contact at all with Marshall? And having mom be the communicator?

Not good. Reminds me of the KU thing last year.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Sometimes the thing or things you have passion for goes away or wanes. Some never return while others return with renewed fervor

Comment

Could you imagine Dex never playing in an NCAA tournament? That would be a tragedy that would make Shakespeare blush.

Get back in the gym, take easier courses, quickly take care of whatever distractions are in your life, and ... fulfill your destiny.

Let's go D-to-the-E-to-the-X!
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

100%

I'd also add that the virtue signaling in this thread has just about put me off my appetite. There isn't a single Shocker fan that is truly interested in Dexter's well-being beyond what it will take to get him back on the court. Stop being disingenuous and instead say something like, "Hope Dexter gets his **** together and gets back on the court really soon because we need him!" Leave it at that. You're not his mama and you're not his best buddy so you have absolutely no idea what he is going through. But as Kung Wu expertly articulated; his problems are likely born out of mental weakness and he needs to snap out of it before he ruins what could be some of the greatest years of his life.

T

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                      This is grade A advice. Except players shouldn't have girlfriends, period.

Edit: unless you are Brad Pitt you have about an 8 year window to run through as much 20 year old strange as you can. When you are 40 you will wish it had been more rather than less.
                      Some folk can run through more strange in their 40's than their 20's... just sayin.

T

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        That's a positive vibe Aargh? Everyone is different. None of us really know what Dex is going through. We just want Dex to find peace of mind and, if he is willing and able, to rejoin his Shocker teammates for memorable ride over the next few years while completing his education. And if that is not in the cards most of us (I think) will only wish the best for him.
                        I'm a Blues connoisseur myself. It's difficult to explain how listening to some low-down, dirty Blues can not only be uplifting, but exhilarating. It's counterintuitive but real.

This ^^^ get's CB's blood pumpin'! Son House taught Robert Johnson how to play the slide...

P.S. When I see white people on a Blues album cover, or even worse, on the stage of a Blues band I'm about to watch... I wince.

T

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I'm a Blues connoisseur myself. It's difficult to explain how listening to some low-down, dirty Blues can not only be uplifting, but exhilarating. It's counterintuitive but real.

This ^^^ get's CB's blood pumpin'! Son House taught Robert Johnson how to play the slide...

P.S. When I see white people on a Blues album cover, or even worse, on the stage of a Blues band I'm about to watch... I wince.

T

You sound like a Democrat with your race pigeon-holing.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

First day of classes is 1/21. I’d guess
                            technically he has till then to figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

T

Everytime I see Joe Bonamassa got to admit that I wince. You see him on just about every PBS station out here in Colorado. If he had written just a few really good melodies over his career I would get it, but from what I can see he hasn't. Just about every time I see a new group, blues or otherwise, I wince because I know they probably can't tune smith a melody worth a damn.

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Everytime I see Joe Bonamassa got to admit that I wince. You see him on just about every PBS station out here in Colorado. If he had written just a few really good melodies over his career I would get it, but from what I can see he hasn't. Just about every time I see a new group, blues or otherwise, I wince because I know they probably can't tune smith a melody worth a damn.
                                I feel your pain brother.

Be healed!

These recordings took place in the mid 60's during a national blues revival. Son House had been out of the music business for over two decades. He was now just a tired old drunk preacher/railroad worker. Still had the magic though. What a talent.

T

Comment

Working...
                                X