Positive Thoughts For Dex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive Thoughts For Dex

I've been thinking of Dex and hoping he is at peace and counting his many blessings. BTW, kudos on his 4.0 GPA this semester according to 3G.

There is no question that he has the ability to fly on the basketball court and in life. The only question remaining is what altitude he will reach. In any case, his ceiling is up there.

If he reads SN, he'd know fans care and support him. Pray for him.
    Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

He mentioned all of the well wishes he has received from Shocker fans and it seemed to genuinely have touched him.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
        He mentioned all of the well wishes he has received from Shocker fans and it seemed to genuinely have touched him.
        True. And it doesn't hurt to keep that up that moral support.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

True. And it doesn't hurt to keep that up that moral support.
          Agreed

Comment

We all want the team to be successful, that's our job as fans and for many of us it's probably fairly close to the top of our list of fun things to do.

That being said, I'm happier for Dexter for his 4.0 this semester. He's providing himself a fantastic base for a successful life doing something he's really good at, and that's IF he chooses not to pursue a career in basketball.

He's a smart young man and I hope he's proud as heck for his accomplishments off the floor as much or more than on it.

I know we all want him to be able to work through whatever he's struggling with right now. Keep grinding Dex, we know you can get through this.

Comment

Dex is one of those kids that if he never plays another minute of basketball, you would still beg for him to be a student at your university. He’s that rock solid.

I usually don’t go on the Shocker Facebook sites but Terry Atwater, former player, put together an open letter to Dex that was wonderful. It’s worth a read and/or a repost if someone is inclined to do it.

Comment

Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 23, 2019, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  nm
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Dex is one of those kids that if he never plays another minute of basketball, you would still beg for him to be a student at your university. He’s that rock solid.

I usually don’t go on the Shocker Facebook sites but Terry Atwater, former player, put together an open letter to Dex that was wonderful. It’s worth a read and/or a repost if someone is inclined to do it.
                    i'm curious, but don't have facebook.. would someone be so kind as to paste it in..

Comment

A great young man. All the best to him..

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

i'm curious, but don't have facebook.. would someone be so kind as to paste it in..
                        No Facebook here either... probably the reason I still have a sense of humor.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

From Terry Atwater on Shocker Faithful on Facebook:

AN OPEN LETTER TO DEXTER DENNIS....WE CARE..

Dexter, we don't know what is going on inside your head, and quite frankly it's none of our business. Just know young man that there are thousands of people who care about you, not just as a player, but more as a person. I understand the stress of living the "Major College Basketball Life"....It's not easy, but I'm here for you, and so are thousands of others. We Care..

Let's be real, being a teenager entering adulthood in today's environment, is tough! Social Media creates a new form of "constant contact" and leaves little "Me Time" for any person, let alone a major college athlete. Take your time, live your pace, take care of you, first! We Care..

The only important element in this equation, is you! Our prayer is that you find inner peace and a life balance that includes family, school, basketball, LIFE but most of all happiness. We all understand personal problems, but not yours. Take your time young man! We Care...

WE will keep you in our prayers and wish you nothing but the best!

Signed: Your Thousands of Teammates/Family in Wichita, and the U.S.

Stay strong young man, we are here for you!! I hope this "Social Media" communication finds you, and finds you well! We Care..
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Just love that a former player, that has that connection, took the time to reach out and say what many of us are thinking but can't convey it because we haven't "been there".

Pretty cool stuff. Well done Terry.

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

nm

Comment

Working...
                              X