• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Best defender - Cotton; Best hands - Fred

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Best defender - Cotton; Best hands - Fred
        I think that the reason that Cotton was considered to be the stopper was because he was longer, stronger, and bigger than Fred, and he could guard a 5'10 guard up to a 6'6 forward. Ron Baker, Fred, and Cotton were all very good defenders. The common denominator between these three players is they were all tenacious. We have some tenacious and tough defensive players this year too that are versatile, and tough in Eric, JB, and Dexter when he gets going. I think that Etienne and Sherfield will be very fine defensive players in time.

Comment

• Sherfield has made marked improvements defensively of late. Etienne has been and is WAY ahead of the curve defensively. He gambles more than a lot of the good defensive players we have had, but so far it has worked out significantly in our favor. It helps to have 4 other guys on the court playing good defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
            Memphis is gonna be all over Erik like a fat kid on a cupcake. I doubt he goes off on them, but he'll get his average. If they focus on him as much as I think they will, I look for someone else to break out. Maybe Tyson or Grant, and I'd love it to be Dex.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Memphis is gonna be all over Erik like a fat kid on a cupcake. I doubt he goes off on them, but he'll get his average. If they focus on him as much as I think they will, I look for someone else to break out. Maybe Tyson or Grant, and I'd love it to be Dex.
              Where's my cupcake...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

ETN BAYBAY!!!!!

Comment

• I said it in the game thread, but it should be said here:

Erik Stevenson is better than Ron Baker.

Amazing, but true.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    I said it in the game thread, but it should be said here:

Amazing, but true.
                    Especially at this point in their careers and against the competition that ES faces

Comment

• Good game with good numbers in the box score, however, he is -2 in the +/- column
                      Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        I said it in the game thread, but it should be said here:

Amazing, but true.
                        Uh, I was literally thinking that last game, but could not bring myself to utter such a thing into existence due to its seemingly outlandish nature. But it is true, and that is a HELLUVA thing to say.

And how much is Erik's defense improved? 4x?

Comment

• Did he really go out on court and antagonize the UConn crowd after the game?

Comment

• I need more ES lore before I commit, but it is looking like it. Maybe ES just needs to get a perm, then he gets the nod.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Did he really go out on court and antagonize the UConn crowd after the game?
                              I sure hope so!

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X