No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright then so it seems that most ppl didn't like Eric Stevenson. So let take a vote to end this thread or continue.

Comment

• I get that there are posters on here that want 3G to go, but how many times does it need to be restated in different ways? Saying it over and over again isn’t going to make it happen. As I see it it, this program (specifically as it relates to 3G’s future) is either gonna rebound or his days are probably numbered. Even the best of coaches eventually move on. 3G is clearly under the microscope right now, and I think even he knows that. Let’s give the guy a chance to see how he handles this adversity, he’s only the winningest coach in WSU history afterall.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
        There are always the Rick Pitino's of the world. Most coaches have flaws. Find me a nice available coach that
        knows how to dance and I could be persuaded. Kinda like looking for that perfect romance novel husband.
        I was running through this in my head. The only successful current coach that isn't an ahole that I can come up with is Jay Wright.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I was running through this in my head. The only successful current coach that isn't an ahole that I can come up with is Jay Wright.
          ... and maybe Tony Bennett
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

... and maybe Tony Bennett
              The "I left my heart in San Francisco" Tony Bennett?
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

What about this Bob Richey guy we keep hearing about

Comment

• Originally posted by Kashman View Post

What about this Bob Richey guy we keep hearing about
                  I said SUCCESSFUL coaches

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

I want to believe you are correct but the social media posts by JB's mother and sister make me highly doubtful that Boatright spoke with JB prior to giving that interview.
                    It's a 2 way street. Perhaps the departing players weren't interested in a traditional in-person exit interview. You know kids these days communicate in different ways.

Comment

I said SUCCESSFUL coaches
                      How do you define successful? Coaching a P5 School? Coaching in the Valley of Mediocrity?

Richey three year record is 23-10, 25-8, and, 25-7; with no public controversies. To me that is a successful coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        I get that there are posters on here that want 3G to go, but how many times does it need to be restated in different ways? Saying it over and over again isn’t going to make it happen. As I see it it, this program (specifically as it relates to 3G’s future) is either gonna rebound or his days are probably numbered. Even the best of coaches eventually move on. 3G is clearly under the microscope right now, and I think even he knows that. Let’s give the guy a chance to see how he handles this adversity, he’s only the winningest coach in WSU history afterall.
                        I have been critical, for good reason, of GGG. I don't want him gone like 1976 does. I was worried during the double down years when he continued to get those ridiculous raises which puts him at 3.5M. When much responsibility is given, much is expected. When one is given all that money and power they tend to be isolated from the common folk and lose perspective. I think GGG is in that category. All I am asking of him is to legitimately self-evaluate just like he asks of his players and assistant coaches. In other words GGG, don't just mouth the words, take them to heart and live them. He recently said many of the right things in his sit down with Taylor. Don't be one of those people that says **** just to be on record for saying it. Have a plan and actually do it. If that is done, I am good with it. Learn from your mistakes and be better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

How do you define successful? Coaching a P5 School? Coaching in the Valley of Mediocrity?

Richey three year record is 23-10, 25-8, and, 25-7; with no public controversies. To me that is a successful coach.
                          Making and winning in the NCAA tournament.

Bob Richey's Resume:
                          NCAA tournament Wins: 0
                          NCAA tournament appearances: 0
                          heck lets go farther
                          NIT Wins: 0
                          Career Postseason wins in any tournament including pay to play tournaments: 0

You have low low low low standards for success.

Comment

• I agree SHOXMVC for the most part. A lot of times in today's world perception gets a lot of weight. I was impressed that Marshall did go on record about his willingness to change and try a new approach. I believe he will. As far as the money he is paid, I think it carried two-prong approach. Marshall was a hot commodity for one and the other is that WSU was able to show the basketball world that it was not a mid-major anymore.
                            As far as the players go, I do think Marshall and PJ are correct in their assumptions on the mindset of today's player. You see it in youth sports and I am talking early in the ages of the youth. I think that Eric was a high maintenance player and needed constant re-assurance to play. Grant, I feel did not think that WSU was a high enough platform to showcase his skills. Burton, I think wanted the PG position and did not like Grant's share of those duties. I do think that Burton's sister and Marshall maybe saying the same things. Burton probably wanted to play more that 24 minutes per game. I believe the others were of the opinion of more playing time and moving closer to home (Fernades). Again, just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                              All I am asking of him is to legitimately self-evaluate just like he asks of his players and assistant coaches.
                              I bet he is. I guess we will never know for sure but having that many players leave has to be very sobering.

After having the week the team he leads has had, only a fool would not look in the mirror to some degree. And I don’t think he is a fool.

Comment

Making and winning in the NCAA tournament.

Bob Richey's Resume:
                                NCAA tournament Wins: 0
                                NCAA tournament appearances: 0
                                heck lets go farther
                                NIT Wins: 0
                                Career Postseason wins in any tournament including pay to play tournaments: 0

You have low low low low standards for success.
                                Isn't there another valuable measurement, head to head?

Comment

Working...
                                X