No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sort of resembles the sniper who played for the 'Nova Wildcats, and current Chicago Bull: Arcidiacano (maybe).

Comment

• Comment

• IMO the most impressive change to Erik’s game this year is his defense. He always had the athleticism and smarts to be this good but he was brutal at times last year. Not anymore. The steals are obviously great but I really love the way he moves his feet and cuts off the drive before the danger zone.

Comment

• Ron Baker plus +++++ Evan Wessel
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Who's next you ask? Maybe its DD. I was thinking about all the hardship that SMJ went through his first year. Like DD many of us did not know what SMJ was dealing with that first year at WSU. But SMJ put that behind him and had a great senior year. He hit some big game winners for the shocks. Maybe DD can leave his troubles behind and play again like he use too. I am hoping Dexter can have fun again playing basketball. So many of us support and wish him well.. Go shocks.

Comment

• It's so great to see our youngsters improve their skills from one year to the next, right before our eyes. Sure, with playing time and a year or more of experience, that is the normal expectation. But there are a lot of factors, (injuries, shooting slumps, etc.) that also can come into play. There are no givens, but those young men and women, who put in the time and pay attention to what their coaches are telling them, usually reap the benefits. And having a tremendous Head Coach and assistants, who really care about their players, on and off the court, is a huge bonus.

Comment

• I think the most impressive aspect of Erik's game that he improved over last year is... Everything!

His improvement across the board is unbelievable. But yes, I agree his defense has improved a lot. Last year I saw him get beat laterally a bunch more. This is not a problem, now he's a defensive plus.
                ​​​​​​

Comment

• He plays smarter. Last year he had the same hustle, but wasn’t in position to make the play. That has changed.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Part of his improvement is the improvement of JBand the bigs and having fresh guards that are advanced. I hope that the fresh don’t hit the mental/physical wall in mid to late January the many fresh so often experience
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      Part of his improvement is the improvement of JBand the bigs and having fresh guards that are advanced. I hope that the fresh don’t hit the mental/physical wall in mid to late January the many fresh so often experience
                      I feel like we are leaning on the frosh guards just the right amount where we have a chance to avoid that. They are playing a lot, enough to be a big part of everything, but we aren't riding them. They are just great pieces of a great rotation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

I feel like we are leaning on the frosh guards just the right amount where we have a chance to avoid that. They are playing a lot, enough to be a big part of everything, but we aren't riding them. They are just great pieces of a great rotation.
                        I agree. ES, JB and JE are carrying the load. The Freshmen are playing important interchangeable parts. Not thinking they will.hit the wall in February.

Comment

• In addition to Dennis, I would love to see Midtgaard break out like he did last year...see him get somewhat past the mechanical movement, inhibitions, or whatever. Same thing applies to Dennis. Get the feeling that Dexter is a bit of a perfectionist like Asbjorn.

Comment

• One of the announcers at the Ole Miss game mentioned that overall 3 point fg shooting percentage is down somewhat significantly nationwide. Eric and JB on the other hand have made more than significant improvements in their 3 point shooting efficiency. Eric from 27.8 to 35.7%! JB from 26.3 to 50%! Number of combinations fit in to this; better shot selection, comfort in Marshall's system, more good shooters on the team overall making it harder for defenses to focus on just one or two players, and most important extremely hard off-season work by these two.

This along with Tyson Etienne's 43.6% 3 pt fg shooting has allowed the Shockers to improve as a team from 31% last year to 34.4% in a down year overall. In addition we have improved from 319th in team 3pt fg shooting percentage n 2018-19 to 122nd this year according to KenPom.
                            Last edited by Signman; January 6, 2020, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Signman View Post
                                ... has allowed the Shockers to improve as a team from 31% last year to 34.4% in a down year overall. In addition we have improved from 319th in team 3pt fg shooting percentage n 2018-19 to 122nd this year according to KenPom.
                                I think it helps substantially that we don't have SHJ prematurely ejaculating shots from all over the floor.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Working...
                                X