Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post
    A tall guard who can create his own shots is special. Definitely NBA kind.
    I wouldn't call Eric tall...especially by NBA standards.

Comment

• Beast mode!

Comment

• Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post
        A tall guard who can create his own shots is special. Definitely NBA kind.
        not that tall, at 6’3” he short for NBA shooting guards

Comment

• The legend of Erik Stevenson begins today.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

not that tall, at 6’3” he short for NBA shooting guards
            Eric isn’t a one trick pony. He has a lots of skills and isn’t just a shooter. Fred and Kyle Lowry both at the same time. Which one is the shooting guard? If he was 6’4, could he be a shooting guard? Maybe Eric could play a point guard. Don’t put such limits on good all around players.

Comment

• I remember Shock 02 posting Erik projects a growth spurt; hope it happens soon. Would love to see ES play for Shockers as a 6'9" guard!

"This is probably a little ambitious, but Erik does say he plans on being 6'7 to 6'9 http://www.studentathleteworld.com/a...s/Estevenson10"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Eric isn’t a one trick pony. He has a lots of skills and isn’t just a shooter. Fred and Kyle Lowry both at the same time. Which one is the shooting guard? If he was 6’4, could he be a shooting guard? Maybe Eric could play a point guard. Don’t put such limits on good all around players.
                I love the assumptions made by my post. What limits did I place on him?

Comment

• Quickly becoming one of my all-time favorite Shockers. Tough as nails. Also enjoyed seeing his family in the stands. Very cool.

Comment

• I would be happy if Eric could just stay healthy over the course of the season. He plays hard and puts a lot of stress on his body.

Comment

• Erik's aunt got some good face time on the Ole Miss game broadcast.

Comment

• Last year, Stevenson was a shooter without a great shot. Clearly he had talent and confidence, but he was overshadowed by Dennis, McDuffie, and Haynes-Jones.

This year, he's been so much more. He is a leader on the court in every way, the symbol of our fated return to 'Shocker Basketball'. I don't know what part of his game you could criticize. He's shooting well, he racks up steals on ball and blocks off of it, his passes are simply jaw dropping, and he gives his all of loose balls.

It is hard to say when we're last seen improvement like this, and I would be fully on board with Stevenson as an All-American this year if he can keep this up. Heck, we might not be able to keep him.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                          Last year, Stevenson was a shooter without a great shot. Clearly he had talent and confidence, but he was overshadowed by Dennis, McDuffie, and Haynes-Jones.

This year, he's been so much more. He is a leader on the court in every way, the symbol of our fated return to 'Shocker Basketball'. I don't know what part of his game you could criticize. He's shooting well, he racks up steals on ball and blocks off of it, his passes are simply jaw dropping, and he gives his all of loose balls.

It is hard to say when we're last seen improvement like this, and I would be fully on board with Stevenson as an All-American this year if he can keep this up. Heck, we might not be able to keep him.
                          First, I believe that Erik's play has exceeded what many may have thought he would do this year. He was probably considered one of the players that would lose some minutes to our freshmen. This year is an indication that that's not going to happen. If you listen to HCGM, he seems to always talk about ES and JB at the same time when it comes to leadership and toughness. Both have greatly helped the team and each other.

His shooting has improved and it's easy to get very excited about a player after a 29 point outing. However, he is still only shooting .418 FG and .357 from 3. In his previous 3 games before Ol' Miss, he was 8-30 FG (.267) and 5-15 from 3 (.333). That's 3-15 inside the arc.

He can do it all and shows his teammates by example. All-American may be in the cards for him, but I doubt it this year (remind me if I'm wrong). Definitely a strong possibility for 1st team AAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

First, I believe that Erik's play has exceeded what many may have thought he would do this year. He was probably considered one of the players that would lose some minutes to our freshmen. This year is an indication that that's not going to happen. If you listen to HCGM, he seems to always talk about ES and JB at the same time when it comes to leadership and toughness. Both have greatly helped the team and each other.

His shooting has improved and it's easy to get very excited about a player after a 29 point outing. However, he is still only shooting .418 FG and .357 from 3. In his previous 3 games before Ol' Miss, he was 8-30 FG (.267) and 5-15 from 3 (.333). That's 3-15 inside the arc.

He can do it all and shows his teammates by example. All-American may be in the cards for him, but I doubt it this year (remind me if I'm wrong). Definitely a strong possibility for 1st team AAC.
                            Needs to shoot 40%+ from 3 in conference play to be in consideration for an AA team this year.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• ES has always had Play Angry in him. But it seems like ever since his grandfather's death, he's taken it to another level and his scoring/shooting has also exploded.
                              Last edited by ShockerFever; January 5, 2020, 02:13 PM.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Heckuva offensive outburst from Erik. 29 points on 15 shots. Will be tough to top that performance. May be a bit premature to talk about All-Conference honors, let alone All-America honors, but Erik is off to a really good start. For sure he will be the AAC Player of the Week this week.

Perhaps the thing I like most about Erik's game is how he attacks the boards as a guard. He is fearless and aggressive. If he can sustain even the level of offense he had against ECU he will be on the radar screen for 1st team All-Conference honors.

So happy to see Erik breaking out. Who's next?

Comment

Working...
                                X