Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    As I have said, Erik is the perfect player for our program. He knows when to play the underdog and when to play the villain.
    And another reason Gregg gets credit for his coaching job. He's gone out and found dudes that fit what he wants to do AND have top tier talent. Also getting it done in the classroom if you didn't notice with a program record GPA this semester. You can tell Gregg thinks a lot of these young men, and they are responding with incredible effort. Lots of good fits on this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      I liked the 3-ball from Erik. I understand arguments to the contrary. The shot was wide, wide open with 18 seconds left on the shot clock. That open, the way he's going, probably a 45%-ish chance to completely end the game right there. If we run 12 more seconds off the clock and Burton forces a drive, everyone is complaining about an idiotic burn offense. I vote he takes that shot in the future. Hopefully he makes it next time.

I do agree about the pass and a couple of his fouls. Those he needs to learn from, IMO. Giving up 2 points on a layup/dunk was probably a smarter choice than fouling an 80% FT shooter and picking up your 3rd foul early in the 2nd half. I also respect that the way he goes balls to the wall is difficult to turn off and is generally a very significant positive for the team.
      Love this take. You play to win the game. Sometimes you play not to lose, sure. I like playing to win and that was a winner's shot. No problem here, in fact, keep firing it up when you're open like that, no matter the circumstance.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

JB is a power guard.
        That was about the only comment from Lappas (or was it Gillen? Geez, I couldn't tell which one was which) that I enjoyed during yesterday's telecast. Power Guard! Effing A.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
          Grant looks subdued in this video. Is he type who's almost never amped up?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

JB is a power guard.
            He is playing bully boy basketball. Tough dude !

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post

Grant looks subdued in this video. Is he type who's almost never amped up?
              He's a freshman that just got repeatedly humiliated by the speed of an elite level NCAA D1 trap, so his confidence just took a leap off a cliff. With good coaching, he'll be back by Wednesday.
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

He's a freshman that just got repeatedly humiliated by the speed of an elite level NCAA D1 trap, so his confidence just took a leap off a cliff. With good coaching, he'll be back by Wednesday.
                Personally, I think he got it back by the second OT - just when we needed him.

I've been in the locker room with FVV after a big win and he was the exact same way, everyone else was going nuts and FVV was quiet in the corner. Not saying GS is FVV, but some dudes are more business than others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Triticum aestivum L. View Post

Personally, I think he got it back by the second OT - just when we needed him.

I've been in the locker room with FVV after a big win and he was the exact same way, everyone else was going nuts and FVV was quiet in the corner. Not saying GS is FVV, but some dudes are more business than others.
                  Agree... I love how coach Marshall "coached him up" after UCONN made the comeback and Grant was getting abused with no-calls... he wasn't berating him, he put his arm around him and it was a great 'teaching' moment. Marshall took him out for a few plays and then put him back in which I was happy to see. In the second overtime he made the big layup over the long armed Akok Akok and then calmly sank two free throws a minute later. I think he'll be ready to go Wednesday.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The shortish freshman looked rather confident when he HUMILIATED the 6’10 shot blocker, Akok Akok by taking it straight into his chest and getting the bucket and knocked him on his a##.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                      The shortish freshman looked rather confident when he HUMILIATED the 6’10 shot blocker, Akok Akok by taking it straight into his chest and getting the bucket and knocked him on his a##.
                      No doubt! It's not like he forgot how to play basketball. He just lost his confidence _in the trap situation_.

I think most good, cerebral players spend their time reflecting about what went wrong while their adrenaline is crashing after the game, instead of focusing on what went right. As long as they don't dwell on it, that's a great way to learn.

All just my opinion -- maybe I'm wrong and he's just a shy guy or has Spock-like emotions.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

No doubt! It's not like he forgot how to play basketball. He just lost his confidence _in the trap situation_.

I think most good, cerebral players spend their time reflecting about what went wrong while their adrenaline is crashing after the game, instead of focusing on what went right. As long as they don't dwell on it, that's a great way to learn.

All just my opinion -- maybe I'm wrong and he's just a shy guy or has Spock-like emotions.

Comment

• I won't do RB or ES a disservice by comparing them, but I understand it. But outside of Fred, Ron and Tekele , is there a more "shocker" through and through than ES?? That guy is the absolute definition of a Shocker player and embodiment of what the program wants to be. It's very fun to watch, what a season so far!

Edit: Can't speak the man's name without watching again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pnB49k-6dM so good

Comment

• I don't think GS lost confidence in himself... He lost confidence that there was any possibility that one of the 478 hacks were going to get called while he was trying to dribble. Has to be frustrating.

Comment

• My .02$.

Don't have a thought on the Rob Baker comparisons, but the unexpected loss of a. reaves and a. lomax has trended, by comparison, in the Shocks' favor bigly... And rapidly.
                              Last edited by ShockingButTrue; January 13, 2020, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                I don't think GS lost confidence in himself... He lost confidence that there was any possibility that one of the 478 hacks were going to get called while he was trying to dribble. Has to be frustrating.
                                I can't imagine the bruises on his arms and hands this morning... he probably looks like he's been in an accident.

Comment

Working...
                                X