No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erik's dad was at the game today. I don't think parents should talk on social media about their kid's feelings or behind the scenes issues. However, his dad did look like he was supportive of the team in general during the game, and Jamie in particular when introduced for senior night. Hopefully there are no more negative posts on FB.
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Call ES what ever you want as long as the last one is - he is a Shocker. I don't see how anything can be gained
      by a few of you that keep mentioning his Dad. He is an emotional father who perceived his son wasn't being
      treated right. Just look how emotional some of you get over a single play sometimes during games. I get emotional
      and say stupid things as many of you have pointed out. We should all just look at ourselves first before being critical
      of any player and/or their father and that certainly includes me. I doubt any of you know what has happened in
      practices , team meetings, player relationships with one another or the coach with any of them. Please stop
      stirring the pot. We had good team chemistry today and our future depends on making it even better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
        I bet he’s a heck of a trash talker. I like it. He’s going to win us a lot of games!
        eeeeeh....

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
          Call ES what ever you want as long as the last one is - he is a Shocker. I don't see how anything can be gained
          by a few of you that keep mentioning his Dad. He is an emotional father who perceived his son wasn't being
          treated right. Just look how emotional some of you get over a single play sometimes during games. I get emotional
          and say stupid things as many of you have pointed out. We should all just look at ourselves first before being critical
          of any player and/or their father and that certainly includes me. I doubt any of you know what has happened in
          practices , team meetings, player relationships with one another or the coach with any of them. Please stop
          stirring the pot. We had good team chemistry today and our future depends on making it even better.
          J.O.

That is all.
          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• What did his dad say?
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
              What did his dad say?
              This might not be exact but “the team had a leader till coaching staff beat the will out of him”. Or something like that.

Comment

• I want the ES from the UCONN game. You can't take away a man's 'edge' away just because you think he violated some old fashioned basketball etiquette. Those Shocker fans who don't like his antics are probably real fun at parties.

Comment

• The next game is going to tell us a lot about ES. He probably got a major ass-chewing after his antics at UConn. He went into a huge slump after that game. He's likely to get another after getting a T for jawing (his second this year for that).

If he has a good game Friday - nothing great, just not something like how he played after UConn, then he's learned that when he screws up, he's going to get and accept the consequences. As long as his Dad blames the coaching staff for any problems ES has, there's a problem. That gives ES a reason and justification for thinking the coaches are holding him back. Marshall has an excellent track record with "coachable" players. I'm confident FVV had his ass handed to him many times in his years at WSU.

Morris had similar issues. He actually got sent home instead of going to Drake for a game. His mama told him to get his butt back to Wichita and listen to his coach. That worked out really well.

When ES had issues with what's asked of him at this level, his Dad went on social media and blasted WSU's coaching staff. There's a local example of when fathers get involved with disputes with coaching staffs. That example is Conner Frankamp.

I take some heat for not supporting ES. When the word "coachable" appears in his bio, I will be a major backer. He will have learned what it takes to succeed on a consistent basis. The guy can be brilliant and awesome. He can also be pouty and worthless. Marshall isn't big on showboating; Stevenson is. That needs to be rectified. One of them is going to have to accept the other's preferences.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Did anyone else hear 3G press conference.... almost seemed
                    like he was mentioning this Erik’s dad stuff.

In a question about Erik playing well, said he looked like the old Erik.. then said something along the lines of...

“These guys have so much going on. It’s amazing what we deal with now from a personal perspective. All of them have so much going on with the social media and the families and friends and coaches. Today everybody had laser focus.”

Said it all respectfully and complementary of ES. But the timing of it... seems purposeful to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      The next game is going to tell us a lot about ES. He probably got a major ass-chewing after his antics at UConn. He went into a huge slump after that game. He's likely to get another after getting a T for jawing (his second this year for that).

If he has a good game Friday - nothing great, just not something like how he played after UConn, then he's learned that when he screws up, he's going to get and accept the consequences. As long as his Dad blames the coaching staff for any problems ES has, there's a problem. That gives ES a reason and justification for thinking the coaches are holding him back. Marshall has an excellent track record with "coachable" players. I'm confident FVV had his ass handed to him many times in his years at WSU.

Morris had similar issues. He actually got sent home instead of going to Drake for a game. His mama told him to get his butt back to Wichita and listen to his coach. That worked out really well.

When ES had issues with what's asked of him at this level, his Dad went on social media and blasted WSU's coaching staff. There's a local example of when fathers get involved with disputes with coaching staffs. That example is Conner Frankamp.

I take some heat for not supporting ES. When the word "coachable" appears in his bio, I will be a major backer. He will have learned what it takes to succeed on a consistent basis. The guy can be brilliant and awesome. He can also be pouty and worthless. Marshall isn't big on showboating; Stevenson is. That needs to be rectified. One of them is going to have to accept the other's preferences.
                      Zzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                        The chip...the swag....I loved it.

9 boards at 6’3”!!

In case Tulsa didn’t know, it’s his freaking ball...hands off.

Yeah. You could read his lips on that last play. He said it was "my ball."

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

Zzzzzzzzzzz
                          Just checked join dates. You joined when the Shox were picked to be a top 10 team, win the AAC, and get a super-high seed in the tourney. Bandwagon fans are a dime a dozen. Those of us who've supported the program for decades are able to admit to potential weaknesses and still support the team. The program is more important than any individual in the program.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Just checked join dates. You joined when the Shox were picked to be a top 10 team, win the AAC, and get a super-high seed in the tourney. Bandwagon fans are a dime a dozen. Those of us who've supported the program for decades are able to admit to potential weaknesses and still support the team. The program is more important than any individual in the program.
                            hahaha

You can’t deal son and neither can your strawman.

As a Youth I agonized through the years of Boo Craft, John Smith, and KC Hunt throwing no look passes to the 4rh row. Next, the misery continued on the court....and off, ex- Jamie Arnold partaking from ST’’s forbidden fruit. My favorite player growing up was John Cooper and the the Praylow bros

“Just checked the join dates.” Bahahaha.

Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; March 9, 2020, 06:43 AM.

Comment

The next game is going to tell us a lot about ES. He probably got a major ass-chewing after his antics at UConn. He went into a huge slump after that game. He's likely to get another after getting a T for jawing (his second this year for that).

I personally think Erik's T was garbage. It was an appeasement T for Tulsa.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I personally think Erik's T was garbage. It was an appeasement T for Tulsa.
                                I agree with this; but I don't understand the call. Watching the replay I'm not sure ES did any taunting except to the crowd and the bench. Overall didn't amount to much, but seemed like (one of many) BS calls. Mike K stated the refs were trying to inject themselves in the game all afternoon and the last minute was the worst.

Comment

Working...
                                X