attendance issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
    There's already an app that allows you to electronically transfer event tickets to others. It's called Flash Seats. You can sell or donate tickets to anyone--they just need to download the app and sign up.

Please tell me you don't have to have a paper ticket to go to a Shockers game at Koch. For the OU game I was able to use my phone as my ticket. If the WSU AD doesn't already have the ability to distribute tickets electronically, even season tickets, through something like Flash Seats, I'm extremely disappointed. This is not revolutionary. You don't necessarily need a new marketplace.
    To me the missing link is the anonymous aspect of it. In order to transfer .. you have to KNOW the person you are transferring it to. If you don't, they normally go unused. That's where it needs to be facilitated ..... likely by the ticket office. So you can get them out to a broader audience.

Comment

There's already an app that allows you to electronically transfer event tickets to others. It's called Flash Seats. You can sell or donate tickets to anyone--they just need to download the app and sign up.
      Indeed. There a few apps out there that do this and have been doing this for years. Very convenient and super easy to use. Our phones have everything we need it seems. Electronic transfers get ticket buyers in the door! Even last minute buyers and sellers.

FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

This.

I'll give you my scenario. I have a handful of tickets through our company. Most games people plan on using them, but often times there are last minute cancels and we end up with a couple of empty seats.

Sometimes I come here to give them away, but it's hard for people last minute to jump in the car, pick them up and get to the game on time.

Now, if I had let's say a WSU App that could access my tickets anytime, and could donate (or sell I suppose) my tickets at a moment's notice, and then say that was tied in to an ATM like kiosk at the arena where people could buy or take free tickets and have them printed out like at home, that would seem to work.

I have to think knowing this option is available, that a good chunk of people would go to the game to check out the options (you could make it available online as well). Make it easy for those that want to wait until the last minute.

Also, I have to think the ticket department has a way of knowing what tickets are scanned and not scanned. If there are regular non attendees it seems to me that it wouldn't be too hard to reach out to these folks and do a follow up, make sure they are happy, see what they need, encourage to use the ticket exchange etc.

Just thinking out loud.
        Do your employees have a deadline on when they can claim the tickets? I would say if they are not claimed by 24-48 hours before the game, your proposed system works a lot smoother.

If they employee keeps claiming them and keeps scratching then they get to buy their own tickets going forward.

My point is the actual big cash donors don’t care enough to see that this is done in most cases, since they think writing a check is good enough.

Comment

Please tell me you don't have to have a paper ticket to go to a Shockers game at Koch. For the OU game I was able to use my phone as my ticket. If the WSU AD doesn't already have the ability to distribute tickets electronically, even season tickets, through something like Flash Seats, I'm extremely disappointed. This is not revolutionary. You don't necessarily need a new marketplace.
          I believe you need a paper ticket at Koch... of course, that's after you complete the full body cavity inspection. Oh, what happens when you're in line and your cheap a$$ Chinese (with apologies to any Chinese members here) made phone shoots the craps? Do they take your word for it and let you in anyway? Asking for a friend.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Okay @WuDrWu's post got me to thinking. I need to build the ShockerShamer app! I simply set up a camera to scan all the chairs at each game (easy cheesey). Then I use Facebook's facial recognition app to identify each of you humps (got you!!). Now, if I see the same seat empty twice in a row, I just have a ShameBot start publicly flaming you on Facebook. Maybe there's some corporate seats and I accidentally identify an employee that doesn't own the seat and I publicly shame them!? SO WHAT! Collateral damage!

Muhahahaha muhhhhAhahaAH MUAHAHAHAAHA
            That could be a new "cam" for a timeout! Shame Cam!
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Just win Baby!

Comment

No guarantees, but I used my KeyRing app three years ago and photoe'd a ticket barcode (like a credit card) and used it to enter. No problem. I haven't done it since, however.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

This.

I'll give you my scenario. I have a handful of tickets through our company. Most games people plan on using them, but often times there are last minute cancels and we end up with a couple of empty seats.

Sometimes I come here to give them away, but it's hard for people last minute to jump in the car, pick them up and get to the game on time.

Now, if I had let's say a WSU App that could access my tickets anytime, and could donate (or sell I suppose) my tickets at a moment's notice, and then say that was tied in to an ATM like kiosk at the arena where people could buy or take free tickets and have them printed out like at home, that would seem to work.

I have to think knowing this option is available, that a good chunk of people would go to the game to check out the options (you could make it available online as well). Make it easy for those that want to wait until the last minute.

Also, I have to think the ticket department has a way of knowing what tickets are scanned and not scanned. If there are regular non attendees it seems to me that it wouldn't be too hard to reach out to these folks and do a follow up, make sure they are happy, see what they need, encourage to use the ticket exchange etc.

Just thinking out loud.
                  college basketball is a business... i’d be calling my habitual no shows to find out why they’re not showing up. good looking out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

If you are correct, and it is just the quality of the opponents, the OU game will be sold out.
                    I had this very thought as well but it turns out, apparently not. I can remember a lot of discussion here leading up to the IBA games about selling out the arena. For a few years, it looks like it was accomplished. From the official box scores:

2012 Southern Mississippi - 9,619
                    2013 Tennessee - 14,356
                    2014 St. Louis - 15,004
                    2015 Utah - 15,004
                    2016 Oklahoma St. - 15,004
                    2017 Oklahoma - 15,004
                    2018 Southern Mississippi - 9,356
                    2019 Oklahoma - 10,727

We had quite a run going but I would say the 2018 opponent had a lot to do with lack of a sell out. But what happened this year?

Comment

• Couple times we were unable to go and could not find anybody to take our tickets. We live out of town. We have given them last minute to some stranger on here or on Facebook. I just call the ticket office, tell them to cancel my cardboard tickets, and print out paper replacements to be left at "will-call" in the name of whoever.

Comment

This.

Also, I have to think the ticket department has a way of knowing what ticke ts are scanned and not scanned. If there are regular non attendees it seems to me that it wouldn't be too hard to reach out to these folks and do a follow up, make sure they are happy, see what they need, encourage to use the ticket exchange etc.

s

Just thinking out loud.
                        Like the way you think. Make the unused available for active and retired military and 1st responders for free.

Comment

• I live in Topeka and occasionally I can’t make it due to weather or illness. I would certainly donate the tickets if the ticket office could print them for pick up.

Comment

• You can call the ticket office and put your tickets in someone else’s name. Easy peasy

Comment

This.

Just thinking out loud.
                              Not only is this possible, most of this is how I handle my season tickets to Blazers games I can't make. Transfer is instantaneous and if I transfer them to one of my kids and THEY can't make it, they can transfer it as well. I can post on a sell site and get the money transferred immediately to the account linked to my season tickets. I can donate to a preferred charity (if it's listed, like Boys and Girls clubs, etc.) or upgrade my seats with a price difference if a lower bowl seat is available. Of course, this was Paul Allen; I suspect he had some pretty talented IT people at his disposal.

I suspect, like most things, the expense of this electronic option is what is limiting.

Comment

• They are still selling the tickets, so obviously pricing isn’t the issue. Actually, you could argue that raising the price would give the tickets a perceived higher value, which then would in turn make it difficult on many individuals to let the tickets go to waste in their sock drawer (I don’t feel this is the answer btw).

IMO what needs to happen is they need to provide a better experience going to the games. There needs to be more you get from going to the games live than from watching it from your living room. Some of my ideas are:

- Pregame atmosphere. Try to create an environment where people would want to show up an hour early and hang out before the game. Maybe add a few brewery/bar/lounge type of areas where people will be encouraged to get a few drinks before the game and talk to fellow shocker fans.

- Preshow/introductions - They need to make the intro more memorable. More of a show. Lights/lasers/fire/smoke/etc. To me the preshow should give you goosebumps. The video being played along with the accompanying effects should damn near be the best part of going to the game.

- In-game experience - They need to give the in-game experience a boost. More energy. Better use of music/crowd interaction. More hype.

- Student section - Not sure how they need to do it, but they need to make the student more of a party. More energy. More traditions. Make it so the students want to come out to experience what it’s like to be apart of a ruckus shocker student section. Make it so students will want come out and go crazy and have fun, even when we are playing Central Arkansas.

Comment

Working...
                                X