No announcement yet.

attendance issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So if everyone is holding up a cell phone we will have a silent arena with a bunch of lights., Than seems pretty lame to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
      So if everyone is holding up a cell phone we will have a silent arena with a bunch of lights., Than seems pretty lame to me.
      No one is really clapping during that part either

Comment

• The argument that the soft opponents and having to park far away and walk being the main issues doesn't make sense to me. Parking has been the same for decades. Until recently, we were in the mother flippin Missouri Valley Conference. There's rarely been big named opponents opponents in Koch Arena. We're just becoming spoiled. I personally still love going to games, even if we're blowing out cupcakes. I also have an extra ticket available every game and I'm able to find someone to use it.

Those ****ing corporations just need to figure out how to hand out their tickets to their employees or whoever. The B!itchitans are taking over again.

Comment

• not sure you can view this. It’s a video of ku students getting crazy...jumping up and down. Not sure why it’s so difficult for our students to get crazy during ballgames. Just think improvement of in game entertainment would help not only our team but fan participation and attendance.

Comment

• Originally posted by melcong4 View Post
            https://twitter.com/rrinehart2012/st...94666399834112
            not sure you can view this. It’s a video of ku students getting crazy...jumping up and down. Not sure why it’s so difficult for our students to get crazy during ballgames. Just think improvement of in game entertainment would help not only our team but fan participation and attendance.
            just a few ideas.. let the dj spin the tunes up to the intros.. since the univ wants to monetize everything... sell sponsors for him. his stuff is good.

get rid of the flashlight thing. it’s awkward and participation is lacking. an intimidating intro with some clapping would keep me interested.

i understand ya have to sell the time outs, so sell sponsorships for the band and/or dance squad. let the dj spin something for the girls to dance to.

always went to the saso room, so never watched halftime entertainment. open to suggestions.

Comment

• I'm surprised that Central Ark was supposedly not any more empty than the games prior. Honestly I thought it was as bad as I have seen it in 20 years.

Comment

• Curious if coach had any comments about attendance today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  Curious if coach had any comments about attendance today.
                  He did actually...he said his team was in attendance today in Stillwater!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    Curious if coach had any comments about attendance today.
                    on support
                    And we need to buy tickets and show up at IBA. Young team thriv
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Paid attendance at OSU today was 7945, 58% of capacity. Was there even half that many butts in seats?

Comment

• Not even close

Comment

• OSU has struggled with attendance for years. And it seems to coincide with the expansion of GI Arena. It used to be a rocking old barn. Kinda like KState with Bramlage compared to Ahearn.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                            OSU has struggled with attendance for years. And it seems to coincide with the expansion of GI Arena. It used to be a rocking old barn. Kinda like KState with Bramlage compared to Ahearn.
                            Let this be a lesson to anyone who says that Koch needs to have seats added.
                            78-65

Comment

• "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                                From Taylor's article:

But the biggest question athletic departments from all over the country must answer is how to persuade the casual fan from passing up the chance to watch the game from the comforts of their home with their own snacks, drinks, friends and Wi-Fi to buy a ticket and attend the game in person.
                                David Wyld, a professor of strategic management at Southeastern Louisiana University, explored last year the issue of empty seats at live sporting events and came to the conclusion that universities must adapt.

“We need to go back to the fundamentals of good marketing, as the old model of ‘let’s gouge our customers as much as they can stand and still buy tickets to our games’ is no longer working. What we need to do is upend the strategic mindset of maximizing ticket prices and instead, focus on incremental revenue. It is simply a matter of answering the question: ‘How can we get the most people in the most seats?’”
                                The biggest challenge Boatright sees? Finding a way to balance between wanting to sell television rights and wanting fans to come to Koch Arena.

“We as an industry want to talk out of both sides of our mouths,” Boatright said. “We want to take the multimedia rights and the television money and put our product out on huge platforms, then we still want our local people to come out. That’s just not the way it works. When we put our games out there and put every game on television in some form or fashion, we’re giving our fans that option.”
                                “It’s expensive, I know that. I agree with those that say it’s pricey,” Boatright said. “Our expenses continue to rise and rise and we have to continue to come up with those dollars somewhere. While it’s not all inherent on the season-ticket holders to cover that, we’ve asked them to step up over the last few years, specifically since joining the American, and they have.”

Comment

Working...
                                X