attendance issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
    They are still selling the tickets, so obviously pricing isn’t the issue. Actually, you could argue that raising the price would give the tickets a perceived higher value, which then would in turn make it difficult on many individuals to let the tickets go to waste in their sock drawer (I don’t feel this is the answer btw).

IMO what needs to happen is they need to provide a better experience going to the games. There needs to be more you get from going to the games live than from watching it from your living room. Some of my ideas are:

- Pregame atmosphere. Try to create an environment where people would want to show up an hour early and hang out before the game. Maybe add a few brewery/bar/lounge type of areas where people will be encouraged to get a few drinks before the game and talk to fellow shocker fans.

- Preshow/introductions - They need to make the intro more memorable. More of a show. Lights/lasers/fire/smoke/etc. To me the preshow should give you goosebumps. The video being played along with the accompanying effects should damn near be the best part of going to the game.

- In-game experience - They need to give the in-game experience a boost. More energy. Better use of music/crowd interaction. More hype.

- Student section - Not sure how they need to do it, but they need to make the student more of a party. More energy. More traditions. Make it so the students want to come out to experience what it’s like to be apart of a ruckus shocker student section. Make it so students will want come out and go crazy and have fun, even when we are playing Central Arkansas.
    We need more craziness in the student section and I think you'll see it on Saturday... I want to "feel like I'm taking crazy pills".

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

We need more craziness in the student section and I think you'll see it on Saturday... I want to "feel like I'm taking crazy pills".

You mean, like a concert with a basketball game as the sideshow?
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Didn’t realize tickets were 60 now. It totally makes sense why people aren’t going to drop 60 bucks to see Texas Southern. Yes, I know the secondhand market has tickets cheaper than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
          Didn’t realize tickets were 60 now. It totally makes sense why people aren’t going to drop 60 bucks to see Texas Southern. Yes, I know the secondhand market has tickets cheaper than that.
          The prices shown on goShockers.com range from $40 to $75 depending on location. The $40 tickets are GA Student Section tickets. Quite a few tickets available on StubHub.com for $26 - $30 but I don't know what the fees on those are.

Apparently WSU does not believe that a little bit is better than nada. They want the whole enchilada.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
            There's already an app that allows you to electronically transfer event tickets to others. It's called Flash Seats. You can sell or donate tickets to anyone--they just need to download the app and sign up.

Please tell me you don't have to have a paper ticket to go to a Shockers game at Koch. For the OU game I was able to use my phone as my ticket. If the WSU AD doesn't already have the ability to distribute tickets electronically, even season tickets, through something like Flash Seats, I'm extremely disappointed. This is not revolutionary. You don't necessarily need a new marketplace.
            You don't need a paper ticket. They accept StubHub e-tickets (scanned from phone).

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

You don't need a paper ticket. They accept StubHub e-tickets (scanned from phone).
              The annoyance is season ticket holders don't have access to their own e-tickets. We are only given hard tickets. If we log on to our account, we can neither forward a ticket or print one.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccrunner101 View Post

The annoyance is season ticket holders don't have access to their own e-tickets. We are only given hard tickets. If we log on to our account, we can neither forward a ticket or print one.
                Whaaat?! That seems ridiculous!

Comment

• There are now $10 GA tickets for sale on stubhub for the VCU game. I assume WSU is selling those, but they are $40 each on the goshockers site? Weird.

Comment

There are now $10 GA tickets for sale on stubhub for the VCU game. I assume WSU is selling those, but they are $40 each on the goshockers site? Weird.
                    Just got an email.. they are running a promo .. 10-20 bucks for the next 4 games...

Comment

• You hear about all this each time a professional team talks about building a new stadium. Smaller capacity but with more entertainment options in and around the arena/stadium. Product on court/field is becoming secondary to social aspect of being seen at the event.

WSU lacks in tailgating options. When I was at WSU in early 2000s, every game had halftime entertainment. That's disappeared. Plenty of talk about bad promos instead of band playing and keeping energy levels high. Corporate tickets and younger generation in general aren't going to sporting events purely for the product on the court/field. They can catch the game on HD from home. If you don't make it an experience, they'll skip it.

Sure, making tickets easier to exchange and fixing shuttle service will aid a segment of the population, but getting back to packed houses for every game will take more effort from WSU to build up the pre-game/in-game/post-game experience.

Comment

The students could start with a few more current chants than 'nuts and bolts'.....hello, 1977....

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

The students could start with a few more current chants than 'nuts and bolts'.....hello, 1977....
                          Actually, the students have been pretty good this year... hoping they really 'bring it' on Saturday, cause we'll sure need it.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Actually, the students have been pretty good this year... hoping they really 'bring it' on Saturday, cause we'll sure need it.
                            Perhaps someone will inform them (and the cheer squad) that the arena stands and claps for defense to start each half. Drives me bonkers.

Comment

There are now $10 GA tickets for sale on stubhub for the VCU game. I assume WSU is selling those, but they are $40 each on the goshockers site? Weird.
                              WOOHOO!! Just bought my tickets and pointed toward home!!
                              20191218_125918.jpg

Comment

If you call the ticket office you can leave for someone at the will call window. Have done this for both Volley ball and Basketball.

Comment

Working...
                                X