No announcement yet.

attendance issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One way to help, do what minor league baseball does. Anytime they give away a bobble head or something collectible they stadium is always fuller than nights they’re don’t. All the give always are pretty much provided by advertisers so it shouldn’t cost much. This would help anyway. Imop

Comment

• I’ll be the first to admit I’m half special but I just spent last ten minutes trying to find a promo code input field. Took it all the way to checkout, still couldn’t find a promo code input field. I gave up, instead of the promos just price the left over GA’s at a reasonable price (20-22 bucks) and you wouldn’t need the promos and you wouldn’t be crying about empty seats. I use to weasel my way to 4 or so games a year. Last 2 years I’ve gone to 1 game each season but they were tickets given to me. So I wasn’t aware of the price changes. Went to OU game this year, sparked my interest in trying to go to a few more games. This certainly has killed it again. Hate to be the cranky guy but TV is fine with me.

Comment

• There has definitely been a concerted effort by that athletic department to try to help get tickets used since Marshall made his comments. I like to see that. Don't just put it on the fans. We're literally all on the same team here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post
          I’ll be the first to admit I’m half special but I just spent last ten minutes trying to find a promo code input field. Took it all the way to checkout, still couldn’t find a promo code input field. I gave up, instead of the promos just price the left over GA’s at a reasonable price (20-22 bucks) and you wouldn’t need the promos and you wouldn’t be crying about empty seats. I use to weasel my way to 4 or so games a year. Last 2 years I’ve gone to 1 game each season but they were tickets given to me. So I wasn’t aware of the price changes. Went to OU game this year, sparked my interest in trying to go to a few more games. This certainly has killed it again. Hate to be the cranky guy but TV is fine with me.
          Middle left of this screen is the promo code.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by ccrunner101 View Post

Middle left of this screen is the promo code.
            Stealing your image to put in my first post ! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
              One way to help, do what minor league baseball does. Anytime they give away a bobble head or something collectible they stadium is always fuller than nights they’re don’t. All the give always are pretty much provided by advertisers so it shouldn’t cost much. This would help anyway. Imop
              I don't disagree... bobbleheads are a great idea, but it's probably a NCAA violation. Guess they could do a Marshall bobblehead. People love FREE $hit. What would be wrong with a 'free semester' drawing at a big game? Bet that would fill the student section.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

I had this very thought as well but it turns out, apparently not. I can remember a lot of discussion here leading up to the IBA games about selling out the arena. For a few years, it looks like it was accomplished. From the official box scores:

2012 Southern Mississippi - 9,619
                2013 Tennessee - 14,356
                2014 St. Louis - 15,004
                2015 Utah - 15,004
                2016 Oklahoma St. - 15,004
                2017 Oklahoma - 15,004
                2018 Southern Mississippi - 9,356
                2019 Oklahoma - 10,727

We had quite a run going but I would say the 2018 opponent had a lot to do with lack of a sell out. But what happened this year?
                I have had season tickets for the last 6 years. I always went to the Intrust games prior to the AAC simply because we usually played a “bigger name team “. I don’t need to do that now. The season ticket cost is higher now so the last 2 years in have not been to Intrust. I live in Topeka so it costs more for the extra trip to Wichita. I also like to go Tulsa for the game. Lots of fun winning on the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I don't disagree... bobbleheads are a great idea, but it's probably a NCAA violation. Guess they could do a Marshall bobblehead. People love FREE $hit. What would be wrong with a 'free semester' drawing at a big game? Bet that would fill the student section.

I'd love a WuShock bobble head ... no NCAA violation there ...

Comment

I’ll be the first to admit I’m half special but I just spent last ten minutes trying to find a promo code input field. Took it all the way to checkout, still couldn’t find a promo code input field. I gave up, instead of the promos just price the left over GA’s at a reasonable price (20-22 bucks) and you wouldn’t need the promos and you wouldn’t be crying about empty seats. I use to weasel my way to 4 or so games a year. Last 2 years I’ve gone to 1 game each season but they were tickets given to me. So I wasn’t aware of the price changes. Went to OU game this year, sparked my interest in trying to go to a few more games. This certainly has killed it again. Hate to be the cranky guy but TV is fine with me.
                    Updated my original post about it and included the picture from ccrunner101 if you are still wanting to try. Pretty simple once you find the promo code box.

Comment

• Well that sucks, can’t believe I couldn’t see that. Thanks for the help but I just bought 2 tickets on stubhub for 17 a piece.

Comment

Well that sucks, can’t believe I couldn’t see that. Thanks for the help but I just bought 2 tickets on stubhub for 17 a piece.
                        Two more seats are filled either way!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Two more seats are filled either way!
                          2 down, 300 to go. Who's next?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

If you go to stubhub or seat geek, you will find Non-GA seats for ~20 per ticket (not sure of fees though)
                            I just bought two for $30 per including fees
                            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• When Gregg Marshall speaks, the ticket office listens!

Comment

• Sounds like there are plenty of options for those who want tickets relatively cheap.

Comment

Working...
                                X