Official Top 25 Poll Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
    Anyone know where to see the actual ballot? I dee Davidson's coach is on the panel. I'm curious to see how he voted prior to the Brackbuster match up.
    To my knowledge, they don't release the Coaches Poll ballots. Here is our AP Votes: http://www.pollspeak.com/component/o...,/w,15/w_1,15/

Comment

• Being ranked gets you regularly on the front page of most sports websites. It gets your game highlights shown regularly on Sportscenter. It gets your team talked about by all the "analysts" on ESPN, CBSSports, NBCSports, FoxSports, etc.

But no. No big deal. It's better to not be ranked than to be ranked.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        To my knowledge, they don't release the Coaches Poll ballots. Here is our AP Votes: http://www.pollspeak.com/component/o...,/w,15/w_1,15/
        Weiss: DEAD. Butler: DEAD. Neidermeyer: DEAD.

Comment

• Our fellow Kansan in Lawrence, Tom Keegan, has us at #23.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
            UNLV deserves to be where they are. First, they have no bad losses like we do (Drake). Losing to us, Wisconsin, Wyoming and SDSU and all on the road - that's a tough group of games for anyone. Also, they have a North Carolina win and are 6 - 3 against the top 50 RPI. We are only 2 - 3 against the top 50.

I'm surprised we are not in, but it was not expected. Notre Dame is cool. They are 6 - 4 against the top 50 and their only 'bad' loss is against a 12 - 13 Rutgers team on the road. How well would the Shox fair against Missouri, Gonzaga, Indiana, UCONN, Cincy, to name a few of Notre Dame's losses.

I'm actually a little glad by this and it may provide additional motivational fodder for the boys. We've still got some tough games ahead and if we take care of nbusiness we'll be in the rankings. Hell, we've waited this long, what's another week?
            I will never understand how a 3OT loss on the road to Drake is considered a bad loss.

A bad loss, is a home loss to SIU last year.

This doesn't even come close to that.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Other than a couple of Big Ten teams, tough to argue with that lineup in the AP. Temple right under us could be making the arguments we are making about UNLV. As many have noted, poll dynamics make it hard to go up, or down. Keep winning and we have nothing to worry about.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                I will never understand how a 3OT loss on the road to Drake is considered a bad loss.

They define a bad loss as any loss outside of the top 100
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                  Being ranked gets you regularly on the front page of most sports websites. It gets your game highlights shown regularly on Sportscenter. It gets your team talked about by all the "analysts" on ESPN, CBSSports, NBCSports, FoxSports, etc.

But no. No big deal. It's better to not be ranked than to be ranked.
                  Silly RJL. WSU IS getting talked about, at least as much as any team is that lives outside the "power six," or eight, or however many the media want to include these days. Meanwhile, being outside the top 25 when the Shocks clearly belong in, as Eamonn Brennan of ESPN has noted (see below) gives Marshall all the motivational material he needs to keep his team playing with an edge. Personally, I don't mind if they're underappreciated for another 13 games and just let their performance speak for itself.

College hoops polls might be inconsequential noise, but that doesn't make the arguments any less fun. In that spirit, I present the creatively named Poll Thoughts, which you can expect every Monday until the season is over.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                    Silly RJL. WSU IS getting talked about, at least as much as any team is that lives outside the "power six," or eight, or however many the media want to include these days. Meanwhile, being outside the top 25 when the Shocks clearly belong in, as Eamonn Brennan of ESPN has noted (see below) gives Marshall all the motivational material he needs to keep his team playing with an edge. Personally, I don't mind if they're underappreciated for another 13 games and just let their performance speak for itself.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...-wichita-state
                    Really? There are some people talking about us right now? Gee. I sure didn't catch that on the 10 threads on Shockernet. Thanks for the heads up! I'm SOOOOO silly!!

We're getting talked about in blogs tucked away in the nether regions of the web, that only sports fanatics or fans of the mentioned teams would dig up. You cannot reasonably tell me that is the same thing that I was talking about: getting talked about, in prime time, game after game.

Comment

• Some folks consider any loss to a top 100 RPI team as a bad loss. Drake is currently #128. Regarding Notre Dame, they lost to #152 Rutgers and #98 Georgia and their current RPI is #40.

Tulsa still has an outside shot at ending up a top 100 win. Unlikely anyone else does. Ill State is #119 and Indiana State is #129.

Bracketbusters could help us via the MVC a lot. Also, Drake and Ill State might move a bit just for playing us, right? (We are #17)

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                        They define a bad loss as any loss outside of the top 100
                        Indiana lost to Nebraska (124)
                        Michigan lost to Iowa (128)
                        Notre Dame who themselves only have an RPI of 36 lost to Rutgers (147), Georgia (94), Maryland (87), and Cincy (88)
                        Virginia who have an RPI of 33 lost to TCU (108) at home.
                        Florida State lost to Clemson (167) and Boston College (217)

I can continue.... but I think you get the point.

To my knowledge none of those losses I listed were in triple OT.

*note* Not being snarky with you, being snarky at the absolute crock of poop these polls are.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post

It's not. That's @KC Shox:' inner pessimist shinning through.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                            Really? There are some people talking about us right now? Gee. I sure didn't catch that on the 10 threads on Shockernet. Thanks for the heads up! I'm SOOOOO silly!!

We're getting talked about in blogs tucked away in the nether regions of the web, that only sports fanatics or fans of the mentioned teams would dig up. You cannot reasonably tell me that is the same thing that I was talking about: getting talked about, in prime time, game after game.
                            Agree with @rjl: on this one. We are recruiting right now, not just in the future.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• About what I expected. Little respect but we and the team knows there is nobody in the nation playing any better than us right now. Just keep it up.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

• Anybody that watched Drake-Wichita State knows that wasn't a bad loss. Simons went Larry Bird.. Rice went Adrian Dantley on the boards (circa AD at Notre Dame) It was a plus for WSU that they took it to another overtime. -> No worse AT ALL than KU losing to ISU <-.

Shox are blatantly disrespected. 22-4 in the Valley, UNLV our *****, this year and next year too. Did we get on Katz' bad side?

Comment

Working...
                                X