Official Top 25 Poll Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
    I don't think it is disrespect. You aren't going to get a great deal of interest even if you're winning in your conference when you're in the MVC. The pundits have greater, bigger (and to them more interesting) fish to fry. Respect is earned and we are now earning it. Just give it time. I'm with Spangler in that if we are ranked, great -- if not, then we have to try harder. As long as we keep winning, the respect (and the ranking) will come. We are getting a lot more interest right now so we can't afford to drop the ball. MSU is no pushover, nor is Ill State -- and we won't even talk about Drake right now (who just put on a show beating E'ville). If we fall on our collective face with any of these three last games (and Davidson), then do we even deserve to be ranked. All we have to do is tend to business and the rest will take care of itself. The team needs to be intent on the next game, not the press we are or are not receiving. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be prouder of the way the guys have handled themselves so far, but they (and we) need to keep our perspective and keep our emotions in check. See you Wednesday night.
    How did espn not rank us??

Comment

• Coaches poll released. We're not ranked. Received fewer votes than Notre Dame who is 25th. We're officially 26th.

Get the latest College Basketball rankings for the 2023-24 season. Find out where your favorite team is ranked in the AP Top 25, Coaches Poll, Top 25 And 1, NET, or RPI polls and rankings.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• wow
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Coaches poll ??? 63 votes ?? sCUm 30
          Find the 2023-24 NCAAM rankings on ESPN, including the Coaches and AP poll for the top 25 NCAAM teams.
          From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

• I expect us to be in the AP
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Not that big of a surprise really. Honestly I'm surprised we're #26, was expecting lower in the Coach's Poll. Just keep winning!

Comment

• We got beat out of the Top 25 by a 17-8 Notre Dame team.

UNLV who we beat is 11th, and has an identical record as us.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Ridiculous that we aren't ranked, however I don't really mind for 2 reasons:

1. Top 25 rankings have little to do with NCAA tournament selection. Different groups of people doing the two and different criteria.

2. I like the way this team plays with a chip on their shoulder. I'm not saying that being ranked would have gone to our heads, but I like our guys feeling like they need to prove themselves every time out.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• What a bunch of ****. I guess it's because Creighton is not a good win, and is now just a crappy team that was overrated all season long, according to the national media.

Maybe better to fly under the radar anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by cjp27 View Post
                      What a bunch of ****. I guess it's because Creighton is not a good win, and is now just a crappy team that was overrated all season long, according to the national media.

Maybe better to fly under the radar anyway.
                      Oh, and the site's going to filter out the 'c' word, too???

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                        We got beat out of the Top 25 by a 17-8 Notre Dame team.

UNLV who we beat is 11th, and has an identical record as us.
                        Not just beat ,, BEAT LIKE A DRUM
                        From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

• I knew we would be #26 no respect at all. Beat UNLV by 19 and Creighton by 21 and get no respect. What a bunch of ****. They coaches who vote in that poll must be idiots and can't see past the BCS

Comment

• Coaches poll is political-these coaches vote for their own conference and are less likely to vote for a bubble team they maybe in competition with
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                              I knew we would be #26 no respect at all. Beat UNLV by 19 and Creighton by 21 and get no respect. What a bunch of ****. They coaches who vote in that poll must be idiots and can't see past the BCS
                              Coaches don't really vote in this deal anyway it's all sid's. That's why this poll is pretty worthless as a guage.
                              I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                                Ridiculous that we aren't ranked, however I don't really mind for 2 reasons:

1. Top 25 rankings have little to do with NCAA tournament selection. Different groups of people doing the two and different criteria.

2. I like the way this team plays with a chip on their shoulder. I'm not saying that being ranked would have gone to our heads, but I like our guys feeling like they need to prove themselves every time out.
                                Agreed on both counts.

Very little, if any, analysis done by coaches (some don't even submit their own ballots). The selection committee analyzes everything down to a nit (they always seem to have an excuse based on some statistic why teams are included or excluded).

The disrespect can motivate everyone in the program, and besides, flying under the radar isn't such a bad thing, IMO.

There are some good teams that started the season poorly that are playing very good basketball right now. Poll inertia can be a tough thing to overcome.

Just keep winning and the recognition will come. I expect the team to play angry until it does.

--'85.
                                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Working...
                                X