2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reaves trying to play hero ball.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• And he’s getting to the line a lot with some great acting.

Comment

• Reaves .. 4-16 with 1 assist ... Definitely see why he left...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          Reaves .. 4-16 with 1 assist ... Definitely see why he left...
          1 game?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

No kidding. Neither team plays much D at all yet somehow Cu is 22-28 from the line, SEVERAL of those on 3 point shots while Ou is only 10-10. CU was called for at least one throw your leg out on a jumper and hope for the call, so this game is clearly a flopsville faking blowjay classic.
            I don't think I've seen as many "I'm gonna miss the 3 so I need to fall over by a rush of air and get to the free throw line" plays in one game in my life. And the fact that the officials were falling for it every time was even more disturbing.

When Creighton gets a fair whistle, they're NIT quality at best.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Man, wish temple would of got that one. AAC is seriously lacking in quality wins in the non-con. We are slowly creeping towards a 2 bid league...

Comment

• Temple finds a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Our conference will have a lot of high-quality NIT teams this year.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I think our conference will get 3 or 4, but it won;t be the ones expected at the beginning of the season. Shox are looking like a pick. Memphis will get in with the probable #1 pick in the NBA draft. Temple and UConn are looking like potential at-large picks.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

1 game?
                      JFC man! Climb out of AR's jock for a moment to catch a breath or two will ya? Stickboy's just givin' the lil' 2-timer some ****. Were you the 4th man out in the lover's triangle?

T

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                        Reaves allowed to play hero ball.
                        FIFY

That **** wouldn't be happening up in Wichita. Not that I watched the game or anything...

I was 100% hoping for OU to win. Leaves with 26 too... ugh. 6 of 25 tho so he's makin' the most of his green light

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

JFC man! Climb out of AR's jock for a moment to catch a breath or two will ya? Stickboy's just givin' the lil' 2-timer some ****. Were you the 4th man out in the lover's triangle?

T

Aren't we kinda over the **** giving now? He's been gone for 2 years. The OU game is in the rear view mirror. Who really gives a **** what he does anymore? The insistent need (and obsession) with trying to call him out and break him down definitely comes off as jilted ex-lovery. After watching for a couple games now, I've also seen he may not have been the best player to have in the program. Some of that may be because he seems to have free reign at OU; some of it is his lack of overall skill. But he is a solid shooter. Marshall and staff recruited him, wanted him here, and were "surprised" at his transfer. So constantly saying he was never needed here or the plugging of statistics after games is just throwing bombs at Marshall too.

The obsession is so yesterday at this point.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I swear I’ve heard that reasoning to describe our program a time or two before.
                            Yeap. The only difference is that the media experts do not give us the benefit of the doubt and say the Shocks are going to win the conference or that we should be ranked in the top 25. Instead they say and imply that the shocks program is down and that our program is in trouble, yada yada yada. Same old bullsht.

And when our star players are hurt and out for the beginning of the year (the year Fred and Landry were hurt) we dont get the benefit of doubt like power 5 teams and are ranked in the top 25 like teams like Texas Tech, Arizona, and North Carolina etc.. Instead Shocks are required to play in the play in game of the NCAA because they are just not good enough. And then after the shocks destroy Vanderbilt and Arizona, they are required to play Miami with short rest time so that Duke can have more rest and play at a prime time. Grow tired of this double standard bullsht. Shockls need to just go win this ****** thing. Now my rant is over. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Creighton still falls to the floor everytime someone looks at them funny. And it is working. The officials are eating it up.
                              This is the first time I watched Creighton this year. Five minutes after watching this game it reminded me why I cant stand Creighton. Their fans are garbage too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                I think our conference will get 3 or 4, but it won;t be the ones expected at the beginning of the season. Shox are looking like a pick. Memphis will get in with the probable #1 pick in the NBA draft. Temple and UConn are looking like potential at-large picks.
                                I think if the bracket came out today, which it doesn't, the AAC would only get 2. Memphis and WSU. The conference really needs Houston to beat UTEP tomorrow and then go win the Diamond Head Classic. It's too early to rule out UConn, Temple, SMU, or even Cincinnati, but do the non-conference results of those teams equate to an at-large bid? Unless one of those teams wins out with the rest of their non-conference and then separates themselves from the middle of the pack in league play then I'm not sure we're going to get 3 bids this year.

Need Houston to go 4-0 rest of the way.
                                Cincinnati wins over Tennessee and Iowa would be huge, but not sure that would even put them "in."
                                Temple still has games @ Penn and then Villanova, so opportunity there.
                                SMU with games at Georgia and at Vandy. Weak schedule but only one loss so far.
                                UConn will play at Villanova in January. Probably a must-win unless they go 14-4 or better in league play.
                                UCF still plays at Oklahoma. I suppose if they win that then maybe they will have an argument if they finish top 4 in the league. No real flashy wins.

Comment

Working...
                                X