No announcement yet.

2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OU is really going to struggle in B12 play. And if anyone on that paper thin roster gets hurt it could get ugly. Too bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      OU is really going to struggle in B12 play. And if anyone on that paper thin roster gets hurt it could get ugly. Too bad.
      That's not good news for us.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

That's not good news for us.
        I agree. That's the 'too bad' part. I'm still excited about our squad, but I'm a little less excited about our win than I was a couple days ago. OU has some deficiencies, and I'm not sure they have the answers on their roster. We shall see. They do have some good parts and a good coach.

Comment

I agree. That's the 'too bad' part. I'm still excited about our squad, but I'm a little less excited about our win than I was a couple days ago. OU has some deficiencies, and I'm not sure they have the answers on their roster. We shall see. They do have some good parts and a good coach.
          OU might have some deficiencies but like you said they also have a few nice pieces, are well coached and can be tough when they’re on. I thought they played well in Wichita or at least shot well from three and got a bunch of steals. Yet WSU showed toughness and resolve to come back against a quality opponent and win a game that could have slipped away. That’s what excites me about the win. Plus regardless of where they finish in the B12-2 (guessing 5-8?) OU will be on the sheet as a good win come March.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

OU might have some deficiencies but like you said they also have a few nice pieces, are well coached and can be tough when they’re on. I thought they played well in Wichita or at least shot well from three and got a bunch of steals. Yet WSU showed toughness and resolve to come back against a quality opponent and win a game that could have slipped away. That’s what excites me about the win. Plus regardless of where they finish in the B12-2 (guessing 5-8?) OU will be on the sheet as a good win come March.
            I agree with your comments. Though I'm feeling a little more like 7-10 for them in B12 play. We shall see.

Comment

• Central Arkansas (1-9, 1-0 Southland) picked up their first win today against conference foe, Incarnate Word (0-8, 0-1 Southland) in overtime 82 to 88.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                Central Arkansas (1-9, 1-0 Southland) picked up their first win today against conference foe, Incarnate Word (0-8, 0-1 Southland) in overtime 82 to 88.
                Interesting. I believe I read UCA had fired their coach.

Comment

• I don't think OU is as bad as some people think they are. I mean, their 3 losses have come from teams with a combined record of 28 - 4. They have some decent wins on their resume'. If they finish middle/upper mid in the Big 12, I'll be just fine with our win over them.

Comment

Interesting. I believe I read UCA had fired their coach.
                    He wasn't fired, but took a leave of absence. It was misreported initially.

Comment

1 game?
                      Hey, sometimes you just gotta do what's best for you. Right Austin...?

Comment

• Watching Cincy and Tennessee right now and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen Cumberland this bad/uninterested. This is my first time watching Cincy this season, so I may just be behind the curve.
                        Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• I like UCONN’s squad. Rebound and a bit tough to scout due to multiple scorers.

The question remains will they get a favorable whistle in league games?

Comment

Aren't we kinda over the **** giving now? He's been gone for 2 years. The OU game is in the rear view mirror. Who really gives a **** what he does anymore? The insistent need (and obsession) with trying to call him out and break him down definitely comes off as jilted ex-lovery. After watching for a couple games now, I've also seen he may not have been the best player to have in the program. Some of that may be because he seems to have free reign at OU; some of it is his lack of overall skill. But he is a solid shooter. Marshall and staff recruited him, wanted him here, and were "surprised" at his transfer. So constantly saying he was never needed here or the plugging of statistics after games is just throwing bombs at Marshall too.

The obsession is so yesterday at this point.
                            Yeah, Marshall was surprised.

His on-court clown shows have nothing to do with Marshall's recruiting. HCGM kept him in check nicely. For some reason they're letting him run wild down in Norman and maybe, just maybe, he's playing a little revenge ball.

Most play checkers while CB plays chess. It's never personal. Arseton has a lot of local lurkers. I had hoped that some of what was said on here would make its way back. Losing to OU would have been disastrous on a couple levels. I want to keep them on the schedule so the series needs to be even.

WSU 80
                            OU 75

What's done is done. Who knows the final effect of the trash talk and booing, but Humpty Dumpty sure played bothered last Saturday.

P.S. Congrats on nabbing all the Reave's family and athletic administration likes. You're posting like a little WuDrWu now. #DeepState

Merry Christmas! (I'm listening to Christmas music while I type this lol)

T

Comment

• Creighton is good, nice pieces from what I saw last night. OU was gassed after getting down 12 and coming all the way back. Foul trouble and no depth is hurting them. Playing in Wichita and Omaha in road games is no picnic. Cincinnati looks pretty solid.

Comment

• Nice win for Cincy.

Comment

Working...
                                X