Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Crossover Classic (formerly Battle 4 Atlantis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we can possibly benefit more from a game with WKU instead of Creighton right now. We didn't have a closed-door scrimmage and two exhibitions this year to get a feel like we normally would. A team with 7 scholarship newcomers is going to take some time to gel.

Comment

• After losing over half the scholarship players and the coach, this team needs some winnable games early in the season. The teams subbed into this tournament are better than what we were getting for buy games early in the season recently. WSU's starters are practicing against guys in their first year in D1. Might take them a game or 2 to get the feel of playing against more experienced opponents.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• https://collegehoopstoday.com/index....-dakota-state/

Sounds like West Virginia is moving to WSUs side of the bracket

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          https://collegehoopstoday.com/index....-dakota-state/

Sounds like West Virginia is moving to WSUs side of the bracket
          Good. I want another stab at WV.

Comment

• Are team package tickets sold out?

Comment

Nah. Point was made.
              If WSU plays Western Kentucky in game 2, they will still be better than anything WSU schedule for their first 4 games last year

219 Nebraska-Omaha
              279 Texas Southern
              338 Tenn-Martin
              218 Gardner-Webb

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

If WSU plays Western Kentucky in game 2, they will still be better than anything WSU schedule for their first 4 games last year

219 Nebraska-Omaha
                279 Texas Southern
                338 Tenn-Martin
                218 Gardner-Webb
                They were also supposed to be a buy game for us this year. Nothing like traveling to South Dakota to play buy teams.

Comment

They were also supposed to be a buy game for us this year. Nothing like traveling to South Dakota to play buy teams.
                  That is 2020 for you. Dealing crap hands every day. C. Jans team has moved to phoenix so they can play games.

There are three important things here.

1. Get your games in. You must get 13 games in for post season play. That doesn't seem like much, but it might seem like a lot come February with the way things are going.

2. Win as many games as you can

3. Do well in the AAC. AAC finish will determine whether WSU is NCAA tourny team or not.

Comment

• At least we don't have to pay WKU $80K to play them in a year when revenue is going to be virtually non-existent

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      At least we don't have to pay WKU $80K to play them in a year when revenue is going to be virtually non-existent
                      see there - a win, win!

Comment

• WV said their side of the bracket had all the good teams and therefore demanded a change. WKU/UNI game moved to other side of the bracket. WV/SDS game moved to WSU side of the bracket.

Comment

• TV wanted the potential Memphis vs WVU championship game.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                            TV wanted the potential Memphis vs WVU championship game.
                            Would love to be the team that ruins those plans.

Comment

• 2-1 and 3rd would be a good result out of this tourney and I expect that will happen. If this team under this coach can beat WVU, I will be surprised, and SHOCKED! Pun intended.

2-1 and 5th would not be as good.

Comment

• So difficult to project where this team will be at this point in time considering all the new pieces and the fact we weren't even able to get a glimpse of them in a public scrimmage this year nor have anything to report from a private scrimmage against outside competition. We do have some intriguing newcomers especially Alterique Gilbert. Other than that we have a bunch of newcomers who have never played in D-1 game and we have big questions in the post.

Comment

Working...
                                X