Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Crossover Classic (formerly Battle 4 Atlantis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    So difficult to project where this team will be at this point in time considering all the new pieces and the fact we weren't even able to get a glimpse of them in a public scrimmage this year nor have anything to report from a private scrimmage against outside competition. We do have some intriguing newcomers especially Alterique Gilbert. Other than that we have a bunch of newcomers who have never played in D-1 game and we have big questions in the post.
    I like our core... it appears pretty solid with Dex, Tyson, Trey, Morris (Poor Bear and 'wild card' Josaphat) and Alterique... add the newcomers and...

Last edited by WstateU; November 23, 2020, 10:34 AM.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

So difficult to project where this team will be at this point in time considering all the new pieces and the fact we weren't even able to get a glimpse of them in a public scrimmage this year nor have anything to report from a private scrimmage against outside competition. We do have some intriguing newcomers especially Alterique Gilbert. Other than that we have a bunch of newcomers who have never played in D-1 game and we have big questions in the post.
      If we happen to play West Virginia in this tournament the bigs will have a huge early test. With no proven players in the post (although Mo played really well out of the gate last year before faltering down the stretch) I feel like we will lean on them less than ever this year.

We don’t need them to be the focal point of the team to be successful. They just need to defend, rebound and convert easy opportunities created by the guards.

Comment

• Comment

• Every time someone posts a new tweet in this thread my stomach drops a bit. All 8 teams need to bubble wrap themselves so that this tourney happens.

Two more days, that’s all. You can do it!

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
            Wonder how many fans were already there? Kind of late notice. Certainly could have done that earlier as things got worse there well before today.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
              This makes sense. Seemed like an unnecessary risk.

Comment

• With empty arenas it'll be interesting to see if there's a slight broadcast delay to clean up the language (especially on regular tv vs cable), or if they tell the coaches to keep it clean, or they just say **** it and go with it.
                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

If we happen to play West Virginia in this tournament the bigs will have a huge early test. With no proven players in the post (although Mo played really well out of the gate last year before faltering down the stretch) I feel like we will lean on them less than ever this year.

We don’t need them to be the focal point of the team to be successful. They just need to defend, rebound and convert easy opportunities created by the guards.
                  And per IHCIB the bigs need to stay out of foul trouble even though we have 15 to give.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                    Every time someone posts a new tweet in this thread my stomach drops a bit. All 8 teams need to bubble wrap themselves so that this tourney happens.

Two more days, that’s all. You can do it!
                    The Bubble Boy Crossover Classic

Comment

• First step complete. We made it there.

Comment

• Get 'em into the bubble, stat!

Comment

Who plays the Moops in the first round??

The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                            With empty arenas it'll be interesting to see if there's a slight broadcast delay to clean up the language (especially on regular tv vs cable), or if they tell the coaches to keep it clean, or they just say **** it and go with it.
                            Not necessary, remember, GGG is not the coach anymore LOL

Comment

BTW, I want to make it clear I am not implying this is a transgender tournament, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X