Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Crossover Classic (formerly Battle 4 Atlantis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

It’s the mental aspect of kids recruited to play in the AAC to play teams that say “Northern Iowa” across their chests. It’s hard to get up for teams that look and sound like high school JV squads even if they play better than that.
    If our players aren’t able to respect a program from a “lower tier” conference then that falls on the coaching staff and a loss would be a valuable lesson for the players.

Also this is just a bs hedge anyways. If we lose to UNI you want to build in the “we lost because our players didn’t respect them because they’re MVC” excuse (which we heard a lot and didn’t buy when we were in that conference) instead of accepting the possibility that they’re just a better team. Or at least were the better team that day.

Comment

• sCUm just pulled out of the tournament. They have a covid outbreak on team.

Comment

• Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Lol
          You may get your chance to get WSU out of the tournament with the way things are going. I won't be surprised if you don't see 1 or 2 more teams drop out for covid with testing for teams about to pick up.

Make sure you email ADDB with your p5 schools in the area that you think they can schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            sCUm just pulled out of the tournament. They have a covid outbreak on team.
            Welp, there goes the best midmajor left in the field.

Get out now.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It’s the mental aspect of kids recruited to play in the AAC to play teams that say “Northern Iowa” across their chests. It’s hard to get up for teams that look and sound like high school JV squads even if they play better than that.
              It’s not the players and coaches disrespecting “mid majors”. I don’t get the chickenhawks attitude by a Shocker fan.

Comment

• Bummer we don’t get the chance to play Cray-ton. Glad the protocols in place are working to keep the players safe. Something like this could happen to any game this year.

Will be interesting to see if they can find a replacement on short notice. I hope the tourney happens because we need games.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

You may get your chance to get WSU out of the tournament with the way things are going. I won't be surprised if you don't see 1 or 2 more teams drop out for covid with testing for teams about to pick up.

Make sure you email ADDB with your p5 schools in the area that you think they can schedule.
                  I'm not 1976 .. I don't email the AD on how to do his job

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm not 1976 .. I don't email the AD on how to do his job
                    So he must call you, like he does the rest of us, except 76 of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post

It’s not the players and coaches disrespecting “mid majors”. I don’t get the chickenhawks attitude by a Shocker fan.
                      Just calling it like I see it.

Do you think WSU’s and UNI’s programs are equal?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Counting down to the set up a in state tourney with PSU, ESU, and FHSU.

2020 is a s***show. Might as well go all-in.
                        The Assman

Comment

Hell Fever, I not care if we play the Kansas School for the Blind, just as long as we play ball. I think all of us on this board need some shocker basketball.
                          Last edited by wichshock65; November 19, 2020, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• I stay stay in. Our guys need some completion. Treat it like a set of exhibition games.

Comment

Historically no but this year they are probably better at this point. It will be interesting to see how the team does with new coaching. We better play any game we can before conference play begins.

Comment

• Stay in. We need the cupcake games
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X