Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Crossover Classic (formerly Battle 4 Atlantis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    I'll bow out .. it's obvious others don't agree that we are taking a HUGE risk now for very little reward. I guess I just haven't written this year off like many seem to have.
    I’m not so sure that they aren’t actually safer at this tournament where they will be essentially under constant supervision without the potential distractions or opportunities to be among the public that they would have while in Wichita.

Comment

• I don't think us Shox fans have any business casting aspersions on any other teams at this point in time. Not really a time to be looking down our nose at anyone...

Comment

• Gotta love cretin fans!

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          Gotta love cretin fans!

I will be disappointed if there isn’t one “Wichita is not a state” shirt.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I don't see what the drawback is here. Yeah, it's not as good as it would've been. But we need to play games. We don't even know what our team is going to be like this year. For all we know, we are the patsy in this tournament. If we win, who cares. We still have some solid opponents lined up in the non-con and a conference that should be plenty sufficient to get us quality wins.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I don't care about the spiking COVID rates. They will be fine.

What I'm upset about is that we are playing a basketball tournament in the middle of f***ing nowhere in South Dakota. It's called the d**ned Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic for pete's sake. Might as well change the name to The Gas Stop Flyover Classic. Utah State? Might as well play a home game against Pitt St.
              Last edited by MiloPeterjohn; November 18, 2020, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Yes but can you say the same thing about this mid-major teams with shoestring budgets? I doubt they can afford the same level of testing that is required by the AAC.

Our team will be in constant contact with them.
                The reason why they moved the tournament to this location was because there is medical center that has been handling covid protocols for pro-teams. They are handling the covid protocols and testing for the tournament.
                • All members of each team’s traveling party must have a negative COVID-19 test within two days of traveling to Sioux Falls.
                • Each member will be tested immediately upon arrival in Sioux Falls, 24 hours before their first competition and once more before the final day of play.
                • All members will enter the building using a separate entrance and will only have access to the lower level of the facility.
                • All members will remain in a controlled environment throughout their stay.

Comment

Teams I mentioned
                  UNI: Anyone that bets on UNI making the tourney is not going to have a good day.
                  SDSU: They normally make the tourney as a really high (low? depending on how you look at it) seed. They also dont have Daum there anymore
                  Utah State: Lost their only really good player in Merrill ... they might be good but more likely will not be an at-large quality team
                  St Marys: Lost their top 3 scorers and their best returning scorer is 6 points.

Yes we aren't world beaters but unless we are just writing off this year as a non-tourney year (i'm not) then this is a VERY little reward scenario and those 4 teams are more likely to be Q3 games by the end of the year than anything else IMO.
                  Whoa... I'm the biggest UNI hater there is, but to make it sound like they have no chance to make the tourney is a little bit ridiculous. They have quite a bit of talent, and are going to win a lot of games this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiloPeterjohn View Post
                    I don't care about the spiking COVID rates. They will be fine.

What I'm upset about is that we are playing a basketball tournament in the middle of f***ing nowhere in South Dakota. It's called the d**ned Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic for pete's sake. Might as well change the name to The Gas Stop Flyover Classic. Utah State? Might as well play a home game against Pitt St.
                    Perhaps the First State Bank of Salome Classic? Or maybe the Rio Grande Short-Haul Trucking Classic?

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                        That good ol’ boy Billy Kennedy is out of a job at the moment.

His press conferences would be good stuff.
                        The Assman

Comment

Ugh .. UNI is replacing Texas A&M ... Can we back out now? this has turned into a turd of a tournament.

Went from all power teams to the only possible power teams are West Virigina, Creighton and a team that's already in our own conference.
                          I think it is a mistake to underestimate UNI. They are picked 1st in the MVC and have the highest preseason rating of the Valley teams. They have a solid team and a guard (Green) that could have played for many top conference teams. They are well coached, will play their style and give Huggy a run for his money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I get it, but man it will be really nice to have WSU basketball to watch. I don't care if we play against a high school JV team.
                            The team is going to need some confidence boosters after all that has gone on. So the downside in competition should help in that manner.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post

I think it is a mistake to underestimate UNI. They are picked 1st in the MVC and have the highest preseason rating of the Valley teams. They have a solid team and a guard (Green) that could have played for many top conference teams. They are well coached, will play their style and give Huggy a run for his money.
                              It’s the mental aspect of kids recruited to play in the AAC to play teams that say “Northern Iowa” across their chests. It’s hard to get up for teams that look and sound like high school JV squads even if they play better than that.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                                Ha! Nice to see Alex Caruso flashing some of the same moves he does now for the Lakers.

Comment

Working...
                                X