No announcement yet.

The potential irony of Conner Frankamp and Perry Ellis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While fun to get a good laugh out of poking the animal up north I don't understand why some on here need to compare recruits. Nor do I understand why you care what they had in this class. We know one is good (Perry) and I imagine the others are as well. Regardless what does that matter? It just comes off as a petty. WSU has the ship in the right direction and players to continue moving forward, so quit worrying about other teams.

Throw in the fact that KU has nothing to do with WSU except they happen to be within the same borders of a rectangle drawn on a map. I mean really why do you care at all whats going on up there?

Comment

Who gives a crap if people want to compare? It's not petty. It's entertainment until November.

We were both recruiting one of the top recruits in the country. They got him. Why isn't it interesting to compare how the rest of the recruiting classes measure up?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu
        Possible that KU spent way too much time wooing Ellis and missed out on other serious firepower? I dunno I haven't been following their recruiting at all other than Ellis.

I do know that HC3GM and company haven't been sacrificing their entire recruiting process for one prospect -- we are getting LOADED.

Anybody out there have an idea of the success of KU's recruiting class this year? Probably like Aargh says, a galaxy of stars being recruited up there?
        I don't know exactly what KU has in their current recruiting class. I do know that phog.netters are not happy with the recruiting results. The general consensus over there was that they really needed Ellis - they were also very confident of signing him.

Their current Fr class is having some problems. One Fr has already failed the NCAA clearinghouse (a degree mill prep school that didn't require class attendance and then some unaccredited internet classes) and had to leave KU after school started. KU has two more Fr in class who have not yet received clearance from the NCAA.

There could be some irony in Ellis' situation that hasn't been addressed yet. Here are two possible ironies:

1) KU appears to have needed Ellis more than WSU appears to have needed Ellis.
        2) Ellis may find PT easier to get at KU than at WSU. The general thought was that Ellis would be sitting pine at KU or starting at WSU. That may be inaccurate on both accounts.

KU has some history of playing a game in a recruits home town against a team in that town. If KU has any confidence that they can beat WSU, their history is that they could schedule a game against WSU - particularly after Frankamp is also there.

If KU won't give those guys a game against the hometown team in their home town, it's an indication that KU has no confidence they can beat WSU in Wichita. I'd bet WSU would be willing to play that game at IBA.

Whether KU schedules WSU in Wichita will tell you more about KU's confidence in their recruiting classes this year and next year than any info I could provide.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
          Originally posted by another shocker
          I'll take VanVleet and Early > Frankamp and Ellis

Do your homework, Hawkers.
          That post might get a reference on Phog.net.

VanVleet and Early don't have enough stars. From the time I've spent perusing Phog.net, I've come to the conclusion that, for KU fans, a large number of stars must work something like a penis pump.
          I've been watching NBA Hardwood Classics on the NBA network. Awesome stuff. I kind of hope that the NBA stays locked out, so I can watch all of those classic games from when the NBA wasn't watered down like it is now (the college game is watered down now too.. does anybody believe that somebody like Patrick Ewing would be around for four years these days.. or Michael Jordan for three years etc etc).

VanVleet reminds me of a young Lenny Wilkens. That's a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas
            Hopefully, it is not KU per se with whom some have a hard time. It is my belief that the majority of silly posts on Phognet are a "band of brothers" from the suburbs of KC--- more specifically from JoCo.

My first dorm room-mate at KU was from JoCo. A nice fellow from a middle class environment. However, when it came to KC and the Kansas/Nebraska area, he thought it was a megalopolis with which nothing in Kansas or Nebraska could compare. He would often throw out insults against the rest of Kansas. I see a similar trait in some fellow Phognetters with regards to WSU or Wichita.

KC is probably the smallest of the "major league" cities. Twenty years ago, it was similar in population to Phoenix and Denver. Those cities have grown into much larger metro areas as KC continues to grow slowly.
            KC has a bit of an inferiority complex when compared/contrasted to other "major league" cities. When these guys finally get out of KC and attend KU they feel the need to strut their stuff as they've (KC) been picked on their entire lives.

KU is a great school with a tremendous basketball tradition. Don't let the JoCo posters taint your overall perception of KU. And KC is a nice place as well but it sure "ain't" Boston, Philadelphia, NYC, Denver, Phoenix, LA, San Francisco, Chicago, Minneapolis, Miami, Dallas, Houston, etc...
            Having lived in JoCo for 25 years now (having moved from Wichita) I can say that your points have some merit. Jayhawk/KU alumni definitely think the world revolves around KC/Lawrence. But what used to irk me far more back in the days when I lived in Wichita, were not the attitudes of JoCo people (who lived in Wichita), but the KU fans from Wichita who barely recognized WSUs existence. I could understand the ignorance/lack of knowledge about WSU from JoCo people. It was the height of arrogance and snobbery on the part of the Wichita folks however.

I also agree with past posts that refer to most of the folks who make those ignorant comments about WSU that they are likely bandwagon wannabes who never actually attended KU. Most KU alumni don't think about WSU one way or the other, and don't have negative opinions about WSU. The ones that do are either at the bottom of the pile, or the very TOP.

:goshocks:
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Mark it down... KU will play in Wichita with Ellis and Frankamp... it just won't be against WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by MadDog
                Mark it down... KU will play in Wichita with Ellis and Frankamp... it just won't be against WSU.
                I believe it. And there will be a meltdown on SN when it is scheduled. It will be an utter slap in the face when that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                  Originally posted by MadDog
                  I believe it. And there will be a meltdown on SN when it is scheduled. It will be an utter slap in the face when that happens.
                  Kuck FU.

Comment

When will you guys give it up! KU is never going to play the Shockers, accept it and MOVE ON.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                      When will you guys give it up! KU is never going to play the Shockers, accept it and MOVE ON.
                      Why should we accept it and not call them out on it?

Comment

Yall need to grow up, if they decide to play in town then accept it.

If you can't accept it than...

The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1
                          Yall need to grow up, if they decide to play in town then accept it.

If you can't accept it than...

:good: :good:

We don't need to play KU....
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I don't think we need to call the waaahmbulance when they come to town. We just don't need to support this activity by purchasing tickets. If they have that many fans here, good for them. Let those people buy the tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                              Originally posted by another shocker
                              I'll take VanVleet and Early > Frankamp and Ellis

Do your homework, Hawkers.
                              That post might get a reference on Phog.net.

VanVleet and Early don't have enough stars. From the time I've spent perusing Phog.net, I've come to the conclusion that, for KU fans, a large number of stars must work something like a penis pump.
                              Oh jeebus.

Are you telling me that we wouldn't be elated with a bunch of 4 and 5 star players coming to WSU?

Hell. Almost everyone here was so in love with Perry they had his name written all over their Trapper Keepers, and I would bet that only a handful had ever seen him play in person. So why the love? Why the 64 page thread when other local prospects might get 5 or 6, most? Because Perry was ranked so high. Perry had stars.

Let's not be dumb and try to pretend that stars don't mean anything when fans are goading fans.
                              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

I just want to point out that Frankamp and VanVleet both have 8 letters in their last name and Early and Ellis both start with E and have 5 letters. So Frankamp + Ellis is roughly = VanVleet + Early. Now thats analysis you won't find on ESPN.

VanVleet can jooook!!
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X