The potential irony of Conner Frankamp and Perry Ellis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The potential irony of Conner Frankamp and Perry Ellis

I can not fault their decisions one single bit.

No more than KU fans should fault JoCo, Lawrence, Topeka, Northeast Kansas area folks picking WSU over KU in baseball. (Pat Magness, Jim Audley, John Tetuan, Kent Becker, Kevin Hooper, Albert Minnis, Jordon Cooper, Josh Workman and Rob Musgrave just for starters) - I know I am missing a lot.

The irony is that it appears WSU is headed for its greatest basketball success since 1981 and 1964-65 without the most highly-ranked Wichita players.

Yes, I know, let's wait to see if the Shocks have post-season wins.

We are peering into the future, but things look very, very good for WSU basketball for the next several years.

We have a lot of Kansans our team.

Wessel, Mitchell, Baker, Hasty, and Vautravers.

The 1965 Final Four had a lot of Kansans.

Dave Leach (McPherson)
    Vernon Smith (Newton)
    Kelly Pete (Wichita East)
    Jamie Thompson (Wichita East)
    John Criss (Wichita Southeast)

The 1989 National College World Series Champs had the following Kansans on the field when WSU won (6 of 9):

Greg Brummet (Wichita Northwest)
    PJ Forbes (Pittsburg)
    Pat Meares (Salina Salina Sacred Heart)
    Mike Jones (Wichita East)
    Todd Dreifort (Wichita Heights)
    Jim Audley (Overland Park, Shawnee Mission North)

I know I am missing folks on the bench who contributed.

We are headed for great things.

Kansans competing for WSU do not take a back seat to KU or KSU or anyone else in any sport.

(Apologies for not mentioning folks like Mike Pelfrey, Desiraye Osburn, Andy Dirks, etc.)

If you think KU wanted nothing to do with playing WSU, that's probably increased with the commits of Frankamp and Connor.

I wouldn't be surprised if KU will insist that WSU not be invited to any exempt tourneys if the organizers want KU on the ticket. I hope WSU draws KU in the NCAA's sometime during the careers of Frankamp and Ellis. I think some focused basketball would be seen - probably from both teams.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Pat Meares went to Salina Sacred Heart not Central

Comment

Another irony is that when Wichita kids choose KU over WSU, that keeps the NCAA investigators from setting up cots in the basketball office, digging through trash cans and inspecting every sweaty jock strap desperately trying to find something to please Herr Commandant in Lawrence.

Comment

Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
            Another irony is that when Wichita kids choose KU over WSU, that keeps the NCAA investigators from setting up cots in the basketball office, digging through trash cans and inspecting every sweaty jock strap desperately trying to find something to please Herr Commandant in Lawrence.

Maybe they NCAA should take a little looksey into this most recent signing.....wonder what they might find out there?

FOTP

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock
              http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2481&t=7971287
              Reading comprehension is lacking over there...

Comment

KU fans wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have so many bandwagon fans. I personally know several posters on Phog and only 2 actually graduated from KU. The rest either flunked out or never even attended....so i find it amusing when they have a superiority complex. The lack of intellegence over there also explains their lack of reading comprehension skills.

At least OU, Texas and the rest of the BCS world is putting them in their place as no better than ISU or Baylor.

Comment

I'll say, any KU fan over the age of 18 that still insists to off-hand put down the Wichita State program or the Missouri Valley Conference is just plain ignorant.

Comment

Bradley, Belmont, Northern Iowa.
                    "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

Well at least none of them thought we were D2. Maybe things are trending up?

Comment

I don't think that the current staff at KU is like that. And I find that my distaste for all that is KU greatly diminished as well once that jag Roy left town.

Bill Self, from what I have seen so far, seems to be a pretty decent guy and one helluva coach. I don't think Self has the arrogance that Roy had.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez
                          I don't think that the current staff at KU is like that. And I find that my distaste for all that is KU greatly diminished as well once that jag Roy left town.

Bill Self, from what I have seen so far, seems to be a pretty decent guy and one helluva coach. I don't think Self has the arrogance that Roy had.
                          I like Bill. Would love him if he would play us.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                            Originally posted by ShockerPrez

I like Bill. Would love him if he would play us.
                            I don't think we can blame this one on Bill. I was at a small luncheon where Lew Perkins was speaking. After I was done throwing up, I asked him why they wouldn't play us. I got the usual B.S., but he did say it was his call and the athletic department had no intention of restarting the series. I'm not sure where Bill stands on things, but I would think this one comes in over his head regardless.

Side note, I also asked him why he was such a Godless heathen and cut our football program. When he was done with his answer, I felt like I was the a-hole. That guy can talk.

Comment

We must really be doing something right if we are getting this much attention on KU's message board. :wsu_posters:
                              Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Working...
                              X