No announcement yet.

The potential irony of Conner Frankamp and Perry Ellis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to admit this thread is pointless. It sounds like sour grapes to me. Good for them if they chose KU. We have a couple other Kansas kids that chose WSU. Let's focus on our kids and stop obsessing about the ones we didn't get.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
      I have to admit this thread is pointless. It sounds like sour grapes to me. Good for them if they chose KU. We have a couple other Kansas kids that chose WSU. Let's focus on our kids and stop obsessing about the ones we didn't get.
      I could be wrong, but I think that ABC's point was to focus on the players we have...

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
        Originally posted by Dan
        I could be wrong, but I think that ABC's point was to focus on the players we have...
        You're not wrong, but others of us with complexes hijacked the s@#$ out of this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by WSU Shocker
          Bradley, Belmont, Northern Iowa.
          And going further back.....Bucknell, UTEP, Rhode Island.

They even had their chances against the likes of Maryland, Virginia, and Syracuse (twice). And most of those were right there behind their mama's skirt - at or very near home, where they like to throw their stones at everyone.

Comment

This topic has been rated dumb by Jay-sus Hawker himself. I have to admit I don't quite connect the dots on this topic.

I received this revelation by clicking on the link provided by a fellow heathen or shall I say a follower of a false school. Clicked on it and bam, I was in a "fog" of divine basketball wisdom.

Some seemed quite bothered over this thread, gave me a good chuckle. However I shan't return to that forum again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town
              This topic has been rated dumb by Jay-sus Hawker himself. I have to admit I don't quite connect the dots on this topic.

I received this revelation by clicking on the link provided by a fellow heathen or shall I say a follower of a false school. Clicked on it and bam, I was in a "fog" of divine basketball wisdom.

Some seemed quite bothered over this thread, gave me a good chuckle. However I shan't return to that forum again.
              Its dangerous to enter those shallow halls.
              Where Jayhawks rave about their balls.
              8)
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                Originally posted by ISASO
                Another irony is that when Wichita kids choose KU over WSU, that keeps the NCAA investigators from setting up cots in the basketball office, digging through trash cans and inspecting every sweaty jock strap desperately trying to find something to please Herr Commandant in Lawrence.

Maybe they NCAA should take a little looksey into this most recent signing.....wonder what they might find out there?

FOTP
                Funny how this post was just passed over by my Shocker family. Two things stand out:

1) If Perry had chosen Wichita State, our friends to the north would have insisted that we paid him. But when he chooses KU, its natural,

2) Funny how when KU was under scrutiny from the NCAA for the ticket scandal and the whole program was being looked over with a fine tooth comb, what happened to their recruiting? Check Scout to see all the 5 star recruits that signed in 2011 and for 2012 while all scrutiny going on. Funny how the NCAA steps away, and BAM!! 5 star recruit signs.

Comment

I'm not necesarily for sure what is ironic?
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Wouldn't it have been ironic if Perry had received a death row pardon, two minutes too late?

Don't you think?

Move on.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Maybe they NCAA should take a little looksey into this most recent signing.....wonder what they might find out there?

FOTP
                      What about the contact with Danny Manning over the years is that not a recruiting violation?
                      Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

My point is simple.

These two, the very best Wichita kids, aren't going to play here.

Yet, despite that I believe we are headed for a run of success that we've seen only a few times at WSU.

I used to think the only way to really take a step up, beyond one Sweet 16 appearance, is to get the very best local players.

Clearly that point was lost on most of the Phog posters, who drug up talk of Chickenhawks, t-shirts, WSU not playing KU blah blah blah.

They are a thin-skulled bunch over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt

What about the contact with Danny Manning over the years is that not a recruiting violation?
                          I don't know about this, nor do I care to be honest but you did mention my least favorite person in the world.

Trust me next time WSU opens up, the heavens will send angelic messages telling us that their beloved Saint Danny would be a really good coach here. That one is always good for a laugh.

Comment

I got your point crystal clear ABC and I agree, great times are on the horizon if the program (and supporters) continue to move forward.

This is a bit off topic, but I think it's a great example of the mentality of KU as a whole.

If you'll remember, there was a good debate about KU and K-State playing the Shocks in volleyball a few years back.

K-State played the Shocks a couple of seasons (maybe 05-06?) and had good, competitive matches, and I think maybe drew around 5000+ at the Chuck. You can't, with any credibility at all, argue that wasn't good for both schools.

Fast forward just another year or so. WSU flies by both programs and is without a doubt the superior program in the state. KU and KSU are nowhere to be found. They're not about to play WSU when they know the outcome is going to embarrass them. No way, no how.

You just watch....when the tide turns, they'll be right back wanting to play. Instead we have to bribe UNO to travel here for a game that doesn't count and does little except potentially hurt a player.

A long time ago it stopped being about the fans and the kids and is about keeping WSU down, period.

F all of them. Just typing this makes me think it's worth it to blow the whistle.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt

FOTP
                              No, he is on the coaching staff.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Trust me next time WSU opens up, the heavens will send angelic messages telling us that their beloved Saint Danny would be a really good coach here. That one is always good for a laugh.
                                i'd rather have barry hinson. a good coach that got a raw deal at sms.

Comment

Working...
                                X