• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjl
    Originally posted by Aargh
    Originally posted by another shocker
    I'll take VanVleet and Early > Frankamp and Ellis

Do your homework, Hawkers.
    That post might get a reference on Phog.net.

VanVleet and Early don't have enough stars. From the time I've spent perusing Phog.net, I've come to the conclusion that, for KU fans, a large number of stars must work something like a penis pump.
    Oh jeebus.

Are you telling me that we wouldn't be elated with a bunch of 4 and 5 star players coming to WSU?

Hell. Almost everyone here was so in love with Perry they had his name written all over their Trapper Keepers, and I would bet that only a handful had ever seen him play in person. So why the love? Why the 64 page thread when other local prospects might get 5 or 6, most? Because Perry was ranked so high. Perry had stars.

Let's not be dumb and try to pretend that stars don't mean anything when fans are goading fans.
    rjl, that was a swing and a miss. I believe you actually swung late on a change-up.

The love was for a local player we've followed for 4 years.

Let me try to explain what seems to be the part that got missed. KU fans will never agree that Early + VanVleet > Frankamp + Ellis. That's because Frankamp and Ellis have stars. VanVleet and Early don't.

The irony in this entire thread is that KU signed the hottest two players out of Wichita in the last 20 yers, and WSU has enough talent at the positions those players play, that losing them isn't a major concern.

It would have been better to sign Frankamp and Ellis, but not signing them isn't a real concern. KU actually needed those guys worse than WSU needed them. That's the irony.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Ah memories. If I do say so myself, I like the thread title.

Comment

I'll take transfers like ArmStud and Carl any day over a ball hog/whiner like Frankamp. That being said, I'm sure Self will whip him into shape
        "Say it slowly and savor it..."
        Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Here's my favorite Phong.net of the night "2 in the pink, 1 in Gonzaga's heart."
          "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by shox8498 View Post
            And going further back.....Bucknell, UTEP, Rhode Island.

They even had their chances against the likes of Maryland, Virginia, and Syracuse (twice). And most of those were right there behind their mama's skirt - at or very near home, where they like to throw their stones at everyone.
            KU in the last 15 years has accomplished more than all of the MVC teams combined have in the last 50 years. Do you expect them to win it every year? Some of you guys have higher expectations for KU than the beakers do.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhatigan View Post
              KU in the last 15 years has accomplished more than all of the MVC teams combined have in the last 50 years. Do you expect them to win it every year? Some of you guys have higher expectations for KU than the beakers do.
              Go away
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                Go away
                Why do you have Jenn Bates as your avatar? Do you know her personally? If not that's all kinds of creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhatigan View Post
                  Why do you have Jenn Bates as your avatar? Do you know her personally? If not that's all kinds of creepy.
                  You sir, are a tool. If you spent any sort of time here you'd know.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Why does CBS always say Perry Ellis from Wichita? They never mention anybody else's hometown. Drives me nuts......
                    For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                    - said no one ever...

Comment

Same reason they say Ron baker from Scott city I guess...
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

What I don't get is why KU fans hang out on a Shocker board?!?

Comment

Please don't hate me because I bump this thread.

Comment

Why do I feel badly for Perry but not for Connor and the rest of the beakers?

Comment

Dont think Perry ever dreamed he would spend HIS college career babysitting diaper dandies. Should have gome to Duke.
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Although I feel for them as individuals, it does make me happy to see WSU succeed without them. I wonder if they ever stop and think "What if"?
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X