Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wufan
    Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
    Maybe they NCAA should take a little looksey into this most recent signing.....wonder what they might find out there?

FOTP
    What about the contact with Danny Manning over the years is that not a recruiting violation?
    No, he is on the coaching staff.
    Right, but there are severe limits on the number of contacts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town
      Trust me next time WSU opens up, the heavens will send angelic messages telling us that their beloved Saint Danny would be a really good coach here. That one is always good for a laugh.

You're dead on right about that. In fact, Danny has already made it known his interest in this job if and when it opens.

Comment

Originally posted by InWuWeTrust
        Trust me next time WSU opens up, the heavens will send angelic messages telling us that their beloved Saint Danny would be a really good coach here. That one is always good for a laugh.
        i'd rather have barry hinson. a good coach that got a raw deal at sms.
        WSU is past Hinson's ceiling as a coach. I don't disagree that he is a "good" coach. And he did get a raw deal. But Turgeon + Marshall have the program to a level beyond Hinson's ability to improve or even maintain.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          K-State played the Shocks a couple of seasons (maybe 05-06?) and had good, competitive matches, and I think maybe drew around 5000+ at the Chuck.
          IIRC, the last time KSU played WSU, it was at the Coliseum during the Renaissance and WSU won.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock
            K-State played the Shocks a couple of seasons (maybe 05-06?) and had good, competitive matches, and I think maybe drew around 5000+ at the Chuck.
            IIRC, the last time KSU played WSU, it was at the Coliseum during the Renaissance and WSU won.
            Was he maybe referring to volleyball?

Comment

I don't know where else to post this, and I have been stewing on it for a little while. Since Perry announced his choice, I have been racking my brain trying to figure out why I hate KU so much. I have reached the conclusion that the only reason I hate them so much (other than the beaker boys, I hate any fans like that, sans WSU fans) is the same reason people hate Katy Perry's music or Nickelback's music or disco. It just gets old, and everything they do is golden to the NCAA. That, and KU thinks their farts don't stink. that rubs me wrong too.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town
                Originally posted by shock
                Was he maybe referring to volleyball?
                Oh. Oops. My bad. Thats what I get for skipping through posts. Okay, please ignore me.

Comment

I'll take VanVleet and Early > Frankamp and Ellis

Do your homework, Hawkers.

Comment

Hopefully, it is not KU per se with whom some have a hard time. It is my belief that the majority of silly posts on Phognet are a "band of brothers" from the suburbs of KC--- more specifically from JoCo.

My first dorm room-mate at KU was from JoCo. A nice fellow from a middle class environment. However, when it came to KC and the Kansas/Nebraska area, he thought it was a megalopolis with which nothing in Kansas or Nebraska could compare. He would often throw out insults against the rest of Kansas. I see a similar trait in some fellow Phognetters with regards to WSU or Wichita.

KC is probably the smallest of the "major league" cities. Twenty years ago, it was similar in population to Phoenix and Denver. Those cities have grown into much larger metro areas as KC continues to grow slowly.
                    KC has a bit of an inferiority complex when compared/contrasted to other "major league" cities. When these guys finally get out of KC and attend KU they feel the need to strut their stuff as they've (KC) been picked on their entire lives.

KU is a great school with a tremendous basketball tradition. Don't let the JoCo posters taint your overall perception of KU. And KC is a nice place as well but it sure "ain't" Boston, Philadelphia, NYC, Denver, Phoenix, LA, San Francisco, Chicago, Minneapolis, Miami, Dallas, Houston, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas
                      Hopefully, it is not KU per se with whom some have a hard time. It is my belief that the majority of silly posts on Phognet are a "band of brothers" from the suburbs of KC--- more specifically from JoCo.

My first dorm room-mate at KU was from JoCo. A nice fellow from a middle class environment. However, when it came to KC and the Kansas/Nebraska area, he thought it was a megalopolis with which nothing in Kansas or Nebraska could compare. He would often throw out insults against the rest of Kansas. I see a similar trait in some fellow Phognetters with regards to WSU or Wichita.

KC is probably the smallest of the "major league" cities. Twenty years ago, it was similar in population to Phoenix and Denver. Those cities have grown into much larger metro areas as KC continues to grow slowly.
                      KC has a bit of an inferiority complex when compared/contrasted to other "major league" cities. When these guys finally get out of KC and attend KU they feel the need to strut their stuff as they've (KC) been picked on their entire lives.

KU is a great school with a tremendous basketball tradition. Don't let the JoCo posters taint your overall perception of KU. And KC is a nice place as well but it sure "ain't" Boston, Philadelphia, NYC, Denver, Phoenix, LA, San Francisco, Chicago, Minneapolis, Miami, Dallas, Houston, etc...
                      I don't let the JoCo posters taint my overall perception of KU. I let KU's use of the Board of Regents in regard to WSU speak for itself.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas

Yeah, but KC has the Chiefs. They are awesome. They have embarked on the first ever complete bye season.

This week's part of the bye season is in San Diego. It will be ugly.

Comment

I would love to have every great Wichita player be a Shocker, but ultimately, I don't care if our whole squad comes from Timbuktu. Long as they are winners and embrace the city and the pride of being a Shocker.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez
                            I would love to have every great Wichita player be a Shocker, but ultimately, I don't care if our whole squad comes from Timbuktu. Long as they are winners and embrace the city and the pride of being a Shocker.
                            :good: :yes: :clap:

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker
                              I'll take VanVleet and Early > Frankamp and Ellis

Do your homework, Hawkers.
                              That post might get a reference on Phog.net.

VanVleet and Early don't have enough stars. From the time I've spent perusing Phog.net, I've come to the conclusion that, for KU fans, a large number of stars must work something like a penis pump.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Possible that KU spent way too much time wooing Ellis and missed out on other serious firepower? I dunno I haven't been following their recruiting at all other than Ellis.

I do know that HC3GM and company haven't been sacrificing their entire recruiting process for one prospect -- we are getting LOADED.

Anybody out there have an idea of the success of KU's recruiting class this year? Probably like Aargh says, a galaxy of stars being recruited up there?

Comment

Working...
                                X