No announcement yet.

Teddy Allen - Man or Boy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man I hate to be Debby Downer but at this point it would seem the odds of Teddy getting his waiver to play this year get slimmer and slimmer as time passes. It's been stated here that Kennedy is reporting a decision will likely come after the Charleston Classic. I don't understand the significance of that. It's not like Huggins is having to expend a butt-ton of brain power on today's opponent, the Monmouth Hawks. This is all just ridiculous and yet the NCAA continues to get away with this bullshit.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      Gregg's comments should serve as closure on the question that was posed in the thread's title.

Teddy is neither man nor boy... Teddy is a BEAST!

T

...:cool:

• I would also point to 3G's comments as quoted in the RoundHouse article Sully posted on Monday:

"Getting him to do scout team right now, and then hopefully we get the word here soon and it's a positive. I think it's coming. I think that the deadline is getting near."

There are some really great comments coach makes about the young man that just make me salivate and wishing he would clear waivers and be eligible to play this season. I think his presence would greatly affect how this team plays, more importantly, the stress it would create for opposing defenses. For example:

"I need him to learn the other team's offense and have him show that to our guys that are going to play, and not just go running 'Teddy ball' and give us buckets -- which he did heading into the Louisiana Tech game. I got mad at him -- I wasn't mad at him. I was mad at our team for not being able to stop him. The reason I was talking to him was, 'hey, run their offense. Don't just go off and do your thing, even though we weren't able to stop you.'"

Holy smokes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      Kennedy reported that the previous school is contacted by the NCAA when an appeal to a sit out year is requested.

With the number of appeals that have been granted, and the fact that WSU has been asked for additional info on two occasions after the original application was filed...

...It doesn't take a whole lot of effort to connect some dots and suspect that Huggy is involved.
      Why would WSU be asked for more information if WVU was contesting it? Wouldn't we have given them all the information we had at the outset? Wouldn't the NCAA just rule on what it had at that point?

Seems like a bit of a stretch.

Hell, we didn't even ask for the waiver until pretty late in the process. I'm guessing the other schools requested it last spring.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Aargh
        Aargh commented
        Editing a comment
        I have no idea "why" the NCAA asked for more info. I just am a friend of the person who signs off on all the info that goes between WSU and the NCAA. While that person reads all the info, I don't ask questions. So, I don't have any inside info. If I did have any inside info, the last thing I'd do is report it here.

• You have to have a subscription to the Athletic, but this article is very good and powerful
      WICHITA, Kan. — Teddy Allen has been a prisoner of his own situation before. He’s felt helpless. And no one would fault him for stewing in the self-pity that comes with feeling like you can be the difference, but instead, having to sit and watch from a bench. That was the scene on the opening...
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• WICHITA, Kan. — Teddy Allen has been a prisoner of his own situation before. He’s felt helpless. And no one would fault him for stewing in the self-pity that comes with feeling like you can be the difference, but instead, having to sit and watch from a bench. That was the scene on the opening...

Great article. Here are some interesting notes on the waiver:

Blomenkamp has written a letter stating he believes it’s in Teddy’s best interest to play and says the NCAA has received multiple letters from other Boys Town administrators and faculty members. Teddy’s therapist in Wichita also wrote a letter saying she believes it is a necessary part of his treatment, and in response, the NCAA sent more questions to West Virginia and extended its deadline to respond. The new deadline is Nov. 19.

Comment

• Shock Top
          Shock Top commented
          Editing a comment
          Gotta love a pay wall!!!

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          Ewwwww! This sounds so snowflakey my gagger keeps getting kicked. That being said... I want Teddy Freed so I will suspend the copious amount of common sense and high character that I normally enjoy.

YES! Free Teddy! He needs to be allowed to play. It's in HIS best interest. His status as a free man literally hangs in the balance. If Teddy isn't freed somebody is going to be held responsible for what Teddy may do...

Sorry, some of my sarcasm still leaked out. That was the best I could do.

T

• Well, that article can't hurt.

Comment

• At least now we have a date.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
            1972Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            We have a deadline for West Virginia to respond to the NCAA's latest questions. We do not have a date that a final decision will be rendered. Who knows that WVU's response won't trigger another round of NCAA requests for more information from WSU? Hopefully, this will be the end of it and we will get a decision reasonably soon after this dealine but there is no assurance of that.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 15, 2018, 02:48 PM.

• I don’t think all the waivers were this in-depth. It’s obvious to me that West Virginia is fighting this tooth and nail.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            Correct. Because Teddy likely screwed them over big time.

T

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
          https://theathletic.com/655275/2018/...mental-health/

Great article. Here are some interesting notes on the waiver:

Blomenkamp has written a letter stating he believes it’s in Teddy’s best interest to play and says the NCAA has received multiple letters from other Boys Town administrators and faculty members. Teddy’s therapist in Wichita also wrote a letter saying she believes it is a necessary part of his treatment, and in response, the NCAA sent more questions to West Virginia and extended its deadline to respond. The new deadline is Nov. 19.
          Wow. I dont know how this story will end. Ton of respect for Marshall for taking a chance when so many told him not to and wouldn't themselves.

I am pulling for Teddy even more now. Not just on the court, but in life.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• That might be the best article I've read on The Athletic.

I really don't see how the NCAA could not grant him a waiver at this point. Unless WVU is saying that he doesn't really have the problems that he does, or if there were some conversations with the WVU coaching staff that haven't been made public, it seems like there is a pretty good case for Teddy.

As much as I want Teddy to play to help this team, after reading that article I want Teddy to play to help himself. What a story.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            Well, that article can't hurt.
            It's going to be really bad visibility to the NCAA if they don't approve it now especially after the very weak claims that have been approved so far.

Comment

• pie n eye
              pie n eye commented
              Editing a comment
              That guy sounds like a moron. And he voluntarily left the house with that haircut.

Makes sense you are quoting him.

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              https://media1.giphy.com/media/IUnQI...756c414daacde7

T

• shockrah
              shockrah commented
              Editing a comment
              Frickin' Gundy. I remember years ago him going on a rant because reporters were talking about his players. "Go after me, I'm a MAN!"
              So which is it Mike?

• Vanderbilt just received a waiver for someone that transferred due to playing time

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            Vanderbilt just received a waiver for someone that transferred due to playing time
            Anybody still wondering why we think Huggins is behind the delays in getting Teddy's waiver?
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              I sincerely hope Teddy thrives here big time, both as a player and a person. Tell me again why he is already a star, Cold? Because they call him Buckets?

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              Because they called him Mr. Buckets in the Big12.

T

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, it must be true then. Right? Everybody know there's nothing in the Big 12 over rated.

• Wow ! That article had me laughing at one moment and tears in my eyes the next. #freeteddy

Comment

• Shock Top
              Shock Top commented
              Editing a comment
              "'The Athletic' articles are a human right!" - Bernie 2020

• RoyalShock
              RoyalShock commented
              Editing a comment
              "The top 1% of wage earners can surely pay a little more to cover The Athletic's salaries, so all of America can read their articles for free!" - BS

• moshock
              moshock commented
              Editing a comment
              Check your PM Cold

• This situation reminds me a bit of the Lev Bell saga. Not a lot of concrete information but sure is a lot of wild speculation and discussion. At least my fantasy season doesn’t hinge on the NCCA’s decision but it would be really nice to see Teddy ‘Buckets for nuthin’ get on the court this year!

Comment

Working...
            X