Teddy Allen - Man or Boy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
    Doesn’t help that WVU fans are on Twitter saying they would have won their opener if they’d had Teddy Buckets.
    Well... You could say the same about us lol

Comment

• Shock Top
      Shock Top commented
      Editing a comment
      No truer post all week!

• Mike said he expects a resolution after Charleston. It doesn't seem like a strong case to me, but I never understood that the previous school had such a strong voice in the process. NCAA really needs to clean this process up

Comment

• NCAA just needs to drop the rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1989 View Post
        If true WVU is playing this really dumb. The media will kill them if this is true and comes out. They will get shamed into doing the right thing
        There have already been high profile waivers rejected that seemed to have a good case and the national media has made public complaints. Nothing was changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Mike said he expects a resolution after Charleston. It doesn't seem like a strong case to me, but I never understood that the previous school had such a strong voice in the process. NCAA really needs to clean this process up
          Would be nice to have him for Charleston. Those are kinda some big games if he does end up getting cleared to play.

It just pisses me off how some guys get cleared before the season and other guys miss crucial non-con games and 1/4th of the season. No consistency at all whatsoever. It's not fair to us or Teddy if it goes through that he has to miss the first 5 games of the season because the process is not uniform and dragging its feet. If he gets approved, Teddy essentially gets a 5 game penalty for nothing.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

There have already been high profile waivers rejected that seemed to have a good case and the national media has made public complaints. Nothing was changed.
              Can you provide examples?

Comment

• If he misses this year, is it a net loss to his eligibility, or does it just delay the start of his remaining eligibility?

I should know this...

Comment

• bunck
                  bunck commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If he were to sit out the whole year it would just be a redshirt year.

• WuShock16
                  WuShock16 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It would be like any other normal transfer. The sit-out year would essentially be treated as a redshirt year. He would then three years of eligibility left.

Can you provide examples?

Marcus Carr and Carlton Bragg are the two latest denials that has national media like Gary Parrish, Jay Bilas, Jeff *******, and more - all writing stories about these guys waivers being declined.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Marcus Carr and Carlton Bragg are the two latest denials that has national media like Gary Parrish, Jay Bilas, Jeff *******, and more - all writing stories about these guys waivers being declined.
                  Not sure those are good examples of nothing changing after a player and media fights a decision. Those denials literally only came out within the last 2 or 3 days, with one of those players being eligible to play by December 16th, despite the waiver denial.

The point I was trying to make is that there is precedent for decisions getting overturned when the players/schools involved fight and the media shames the coach/program for trying to hold a player back while the fight is happening. If the earlier post about WVU holding up the process is true, all I am saying is that fighting back can work. It’s worked in the past so it is not naive to think it would be a viable option in this situation if Huggins is indeed the cause of the hold up.

Not saying it would for sure work (didn’t work on Kevin Stallings a few years back) but at the very least it would be worth a shot given what we have seen from some others in the past.

Comment

Not sure those are good examples of nothing changing after a player and media fights a decision. Those denials literally only came out within the last 2 or 3 days, with one of those players being eligible to play by December 16th, despite the waiver denial.

The point I was trying to make is that there is precedent for decisions getting overturned when the players/schools involved fight and the media shames the coach/program for trying to hold a player back while the fight is happening. If the earlier post about WVU holding up the process is true, all I am saying is that fighting back can work. It’s worked in the past so it is not naive to think it would be a viable option in this situation if Huggins is indeed the cause of the hold up.

Not saying it would for sure work (didn’t work on Kevin Stallings a few years back) but at the very least it would be worth a shot given what we have seen from some others in the past.
                    Where is this precedent you speak off?

Comment

• I already gave 2 examples earlier. Braxton Beverly who transferred to N.C. state last year as well as the dude a few years ago who transferred from Memphis to Virginia are other examples

Comment

• SB Shock
                        SB Shock commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Beverly seems more like appeals process because this was a case where the coach got fired basically in the middle of the summer (Matta), but I do recall Parrish and Norlander talking about his issue on their podcast, so maybe they did help. But he had a pretty good case, not sure Allen does (but with the NCAA all over the place this year why not Allen?).

• Obviously for this season, it would be great to having Allen declared eligible to play the second half.

But, then, how bad would it hurt the team losing him the 2nd half of his senior season, when many of our present young players are really maturing?

Guess, it really depends on just how good Allen is, or is projected to be. If just a very good,slightly better than seasoned average player, then having him available the latter half of this season, would be most helpful to our present situation. But, if he has the potential to be another Fred, Ron, or Landry, then his getting the waiver might end up being a terrible waste for our advancing deep in future post seasons.

But, and there is always a BUT, if he is that good, there is always the chance he would go NBA early.

Tis a predicament.

Comment

• We wouldn’t lose him the second half of his enior season. He gets three years to play, and it has nothing to do with semester eligibility. He will either be ruled eligible or not. He might miss 6 or 10 games.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• The semester thing hasn't been a deal for many years. If he is declared eligible, he will play that very night.

Comment

Working...
                          X