No announcement yet.

Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @1972Shocker: I am friends with a couple of money guys. The kind that get to travel with the team and sit behind the bench for road games, last week we were discussing the dismal state of Shocker baseball. They believe that momentum is gaining for a buyout. We did not discuss how far the current state of being needs to regress before critical mass is reached. I will see one tonight, I think I may ask. Bottom line, the tide has turned on the program but to what extent there is the distaste to reach for the check book is unknown.
    Last edited by DUShock; April 8, 2016, 09:53 AM. Reason: edited "their" to "there" <blushing face palm>
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• If I'm the AD, I'm probably going to see how next year goes, basically giving Butler a chance to develop his first two full recruiting classes while the buyout drops to a (hopefully) manageable amount.

I don't have any clue how DBU and MSU are expected to look in 2017, but I would set the bar at finishing at least 2nd in conference and having a .500 or better OOC record against a solid schedule (no job-saving binges on cupcakes). And that's only to buy him one more year to win the Valley and get back to the NCAA tournament. Miss any of those benchmarks . . . Gonzo.

Comment

• He's halfway into year 3 and still "we're a long ways away?"

The final stage has set in this season: total apathy.

WSU needs to bite the Eric Sexton bullet at the end of the year and move on. The damage that has been done is extreme and could have long lasting effects.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          http://www.kansas.com/sports/spt-col...e70533407.html
          He's halfway into year 3 and still "we're a long ways away?"

The final stage has set in this season: total apathy.

WSU needs to bite the Eric Sexton bullet at the end of the year and move on. The damage that has been done is extreme and could have long lasting effects.

Agreed. Additionally the Butler states it's his biggest challenge??? To be the HC of WSU baseball??? What a croc of crap. He has insulted the GS legacy and all the former players. He has insulted the program. He needs to start building character by being less apathetic and "building character" and show some backbone and kick some ASS!!!

His statement "biggest challenge" is a freakin' insult. GS had the big challenge of starting baseball from scratch... With nothing! The Butler has the big challenge of not showing he simply is not the guy for the job. What a cluster muck.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            Since cancelling mine, I have received 0 calls.
            Gee, how hard is that to figure out? They obviously like KC's buddy more than they do you, SB. Apparently you too, DU -- sorry about that; at least in SB's case we all could understand it.

Edit: Maybe if WSU gets tired enough of Butler they can hire Augie Garrido. I just noticed that Texas is 12-17 (!) after having been blanked 5-0 Tuesday by A&M Corpus Christi (Gig 'em, Islanders!!), and seemingly headed somewhere other than the NCAA unless they have a major, major turnaround. Who would have guessed that in WSU's darkest hour since Gene's revival of baseball so many years ago, they'd be only two games behind Texas over halfway through the season?
            Last edited by WSUwatcher; April 8, 2016, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• While Lutz didn't soft peddle the article, he could have asked some tougher questions.

1) Has there been a change in BK's role? How can the pitching take that big a drop with a pitching coach of BK's collegiate stature?

2) How do you think WSU will do in conference? Not asking for the moon and the stars, is there any reason WSU should not dominate the Valley?

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                Maybe if WSU gets tired enough of Butler they can hire Augie Garrido.
                Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                The Butler has the big challenge of not showing he simply is not the guy for the job.
                Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                WSU needs to bite the Eric Sexton bullet at the end of the year and move on.
                Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                And that's only to buy him one more year to win the Valley and get back to the NCAA tournament. Miss any of those benchmarks . . . Gonzo.
                Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                They believe that momentum is gaining for a buyout.
                Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                If the money to buy him out is not a big issue then I say pull the plug at the end of this year and hire Kevin Hooper or Mark Standiford if reasonable terms can be agreed upon. Hard to believe that $1.3 million is not a big issue though.
                Originally posted by Eric View Post
                "Mr. Butler, here is your final paycheck."
                Gentlemen, gentlemen, please consider that we are sitting on a win streak right now.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                  Gee, how hard is that to figure out? They obviously like KC's buddy more than they do you, SB. Apparently you too, DU -- sorry about that; at least in SB's case we all could understand it.

Edit: Maybe if WSU gets tired enough of Butler they can hire Augie Garrido. I just noticed that Texas is 12-17 (!) after having been blanked 5-0 Tuesday by A&M Corpus Christi (Gig 'em, Islanders!!), and seemingly headed somewhere other than the NCAA unless they have a major, major turnaround. Who would have guessed that in WSU's darkest hour since Gene's revival of baseball so many years ago, they'd be only two games behind Texas over halfway through the season?
                  Wonder of wonders. Texas is at 12-17.

r
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Gentlemen, gentlemen, please consider that we are sitting on a win streak right now.
                    You're very good at the internets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Absolutely, KW -- one in a row and counting as the Shocks head into conference play.

Now if they can just tack on another dozen and get solidly over .500 before they head to Carbondale with a gleaming 9-0 conference record, Butler will be the early choice for MVC Coach of the Year, and people around the country will be thinking of hiring him to turn their programs around, too. Yeah -- that's the solution to the buyout grumbling! Have someone else hire him away!

Comment

• It's time to pull the trigger as soon as this train wreck of a season is over.Please hire Standiford.

Comment

• Please end it. This isn't even baseball.

Anyone else notice that the two best players on this team (Tewes,Mucha) are both Gene recruits?

Comment

• Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
                            Please hire Standiford.
                            Yes please.

Comment

• Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
                              It's time to pull the trigger as soon as this train wreck of a season is over.Please hire Standiford.
                              Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                              Yes please.
                              Since we're discussing more pleasant things, do you both favor Standiford over Hooper, assuming he's still available.

Comment

• Let's sue the Cimarron feed Co. They seem to be responsible for train wrecks.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X