• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Republican campaign = Shocker baseball = One sad mess
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Someone else may already have posted this -- if so, let this be a reminder: Butler's record at McNeese got a little worse every year. So far the pattern has continued, with only the rate of deterioration (much faster here) having changed.

Comment

I thought that investment into facilities would make WSU a perennial power. How do our facilities compare regionally? I'm thinking we should lead the MVC, buy just aren't competing. Cohen & Thompson were an embarrassment to basketball. Turgeon & Strauss saved basketball with the rebuild. Marshall took us to the the next level. Butler haa rebuilt nothing. He has the facilities. But baseball is,wasting away.
        Phi Alpha

Comment

Even though statistics might scream otherwise, I'm not thinking Kemnitz is the problem.

Comment

"Mr. Butler, here is your final paycheck. You have until noon Tuesday to remove your personal effects, at which time you will be considered to be trespassing. Get off my campus!" ~WuShock~

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
              Even though statistics might scream otherwise, I'm not thinking Kemnitz is the problem.
              Eh, our pitching statistics were thoroughly average and steeply declining over the last 3 years of Gene's tenure. Brent might not be the primary problem, but it's been a long time since he's been much help either.

Comment

Hitting is a problem.. I showed up at the 3rd inning. We had a home run and that was all before the last at bat. Beyond that it was just ground outs and pop outs. Hard to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                  Eh, our pitching statistics were thoroughly average and steeply declining over the last 3 years of Gene's tenure. Brent might not be the primary problem, but it's been a long time since he's been much help either.
                  The overall quality and depth of hitting was in decline prior to that. It's only a matter of time before pitchers don't come where the offense has been lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    The overall quality and depth of hitting was in decline prior to that. It's only a matter of time before pitchers don't come where the offense has been lacking.
                    Then as one area spirals downward the other follows. The quality pitchers to want tom come and have to be perfect to win, then the pitching falls and the good hitters decide that they would be wasting their talent and so on, and so forth. The longer it goes on the harder it is and the longer it will take to rebound.

Comment

• [QUOTE=WSU_BASEBALL2;650231]
                      Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                      I know a little bit about pitching. A very little bit.

If I was walking in Brent's shoes, I would have all of the pitchers switch over to the Tommy John method.

It eliminates a need for pitching versatility and most thinking.

All a pitcher has to learn is how to throw nasty sliders low in the zone and lower in the dirt for strikes.

T. John did it for years with success, during the tail end of his career.

Just a thought.

Just sayin'.[/QUOTE
                      I want you to be happy.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• So I had a conversation with a buddy of mine who had season tickets. He decided not to renew this year due to the lack of progress being made out at the Eck. So he gets the first call about renewing his season tickets and he politely declines where the caller then asks why - he delicately explains the product is not worth the money. He later receives a second call where he is asked whether or not he is sure he doesn't want to renew where he states he's sure. A few weeks go by and he gets a third call asking if he wants to renew his season tickets and then a fourth where he then is starting to get pissed off that these clowns can't put notes in his file and to quit calling.

Long story short, I'm sure a lot of former season ticket holders have been burdened by similar calls and am wondering when administration is going to continue to hitch their wagon to Butler's horse. Fans have sent a message and fan apathy has reached its pinnacle.

Comment

• How well do the Shox have to finish the season for you to feel like a coaching change would be premature?

I feel like there is a decent chance this team could Evansville the crap out of the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                            So I had a conversation with a buddy of mine who had season tickets. He decided not to renew this year due to the lack of progress being made out at the Eck. So he gets the first call about renewing his season tickets and he politely declines where the caller then asks why - he delicately explains the product is not worth the money. He later receives a second call where he is asked whether or not he is sure he doesn't want to renew where he states he's sure. A few weeks go by and he gets a third call asking if he wants to renew his season tickets and then a fourth where he then is starting to get pissed off that these clowns can't put notes in his file and to quit calling.

Long story short, I'm sure a lot of former season ticket holders have been burdened by similar calls and am wondering when administration is going to continue to hitch their wagon to Butler's horse. Fans have sent a message and fan apathy has reached its pinnacle.
                            Since cancelling mine, I have received 0 calls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              How well do the Shox have to finish the season for you to feel like a coaching change would be premature?

I feel like there is a decent chance this team could Evansville the crap out of the league.
                              I was thinking about that yesterday. For me they need to finish the regular season at 0.500 and win a couple of games in the Valley Tournament. I don't think our pitching depth is good enough to win the Valley Tournament. The pitching staff needs to get their ERA down to around 4.75.

They are now 10-19. They have 21 Valley games and 6 non-con games remaining. If they can go 3-3 in the non-con games then a 15-6 Valley record would put them at 28-28. If they can win 2 in the Valley Tournament they would finish at 30-30.

This is just to buy another year of course. Any failure to improve noticeably from there should seal the deal on HCTB.

If the money to buy him out is not a big issue then I say pull the plug at the end of this year and hire Kevin Hooper or Mark Standiford if reasonable terms can be agreed upon. Hard to believe that $1.3 million is not a big issue though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                                Since cancelling mine, I have received 0 calls.
                                Ditto
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X