Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
    Bernie Sanders
    I wonder how it would work trying to make sure all the players had the same batting averages and ERA's. Okay, all you guys hitting 0.300 you need to strike out on purpose until you and the guys hitting 0.125 are equal. Also you pitchers with low ERA's need to start giving up earned runs intentionally until you and the guys with high ERA's are equalized. The defense can probably help with that by maybe playing more passively when out top guys are pitching. Okay guys everybody is going to be so happy when we have evened everything up. Don't worry about winning I will force Doug Elgin to make the rest of the Valley teams share their wins with us.

My preference would be Donald Trump. Word is that we would win so much we would get sick of winning. Just ask the Donald. All that is required is unquestioning faith and belief in the Trumpster and hope and prayer that he doesn't turn out to be a Dumpster.

Perhaps we should hire Hillary. After all isn't it about time that we hired a "woman" (okay so I'm is using the term loosely) as our head baseball coach. Getting out of jail for games though might be a bit problematic for Hillary. I bet Gene and Bill would get along swell chasing the skirts. That might be even more interesting then the soap opera we currently have going on. Just think of it -- Hill's e-mails and Bill's females! What fun. One down side though is the Hillary would expect $250,000 every time she gave a pep talk to the team.

I suppose we could go with Ted Cruz but I thought he already was our head coach. He talks a good game but he doesn't win a lot.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 26, 2016, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      I wonder how it would work trying to make sure all the players had the same batting averages and ERA's. Okay, all you guys hitting 0.300 you need to strike out on purpose until you and the guys hitting 0.125 are equal. Also you pitchers with low ERA's need to start giving up earned runs intentionally until you and the guys with high ERA's are equalized. The defense can probably help with that by maybe playing more passively when out top guys are pitching. Okay guys everybody is going to be so happy when we have evened everything up. Don't worry about winning I will force Doug Elgin to make the rest of the Valley teams share their wins with us.

My preference would be Donald Trump. Word is that we would win so much we would get sick of winning. Just ask the Donald. All that is required is unquestioning faith and belief in the Trumpster and hope and prayer that he doesn't turn out to be a Dumpster.

Perhaps we should hire Hillary. After all isn't it about time that we hired a "woman" (okay so I'm is using the term loosely) as our head baseball coach. Getting out of jail for games though might be a bit problematic for Hillary. I bet Gene and Bill would get along swell chasing the skirts. That might be even more interesting then the soap opera we currently have going on. Just think of it -- Hill's e-mails and Bill's females! What fun. One down side though is the Hillary would expect $250,000 every time she gave a pep talk to the team.

I suppose we could go with Ted Cruz but I thought he already was our head coach. He talks a good game but he doesn't win a lot.
      With Sanders in charge, Shockers could take a couple of MLB pitchers, say Kershaw and Bumgarner, to even things up.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

What happened to that #2 nationally ranked recruiting class he had last year? Just not developed or did they all get hurt?

The Butler is not cutting it. He needs to start winning or do the Christian thing and resign and stop stealing his salary. Or at least offer an explanation on when he expects improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
          With Sanders in charge, Shockers could take a couple of MLB pitchers, say Kershaw and Bumgarner, to even things up.
          A reverse draft. I'm starting to feel the Bern.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
            What happened to that #2 nationally ranked recruiting class he had last year? Just not developed or did they all get hurt?

The Butler is not cutting it. He needs to start winning or do the Christian thing and resign and stop stealing his salary. Or at least offer an explanation on when he expects improvement.
            Did you not hear. There was a typo in the press release about that recruiting class and they accidentally dropped a couple of zeroes on that ranking.

I actually like some or our Freshman and Sophomore position players although you won't mistake them for the Toronto BlueJays offensively. However, IMHO our big issue is the pitching which is not good with Willie Schwanke appearing to be our only dependable starter and Reagan Biechler our only dependable reliever but who is pretty much a one-time through the lineup guy (if that). Zach Lewis, Cody Tyler, Tyler Jones have shown occasional signs that they can be effective but have not been consistent. Considering Willie will no doubt move on to pro-ball next year and that they expect Sam Tewes to do the same despite the fact he will have pitched very little the last 2 years the prospects for the pitching staff for next year do not look good at all. So it may make much difference on how well some of the young position players develop.

I have no idea what the dynamics are between Butler, Kemitz and Walker as it relates to the pitching staff but clearly it is not working and getting that fixed has to be priority one or really doesn't matter what level of position players your are able to recruit.

Butler seems mostly interested in power arms with little regard for the finer, and IMO more important aspects, of pitching such as command of the strike zone and changing speeds.

I think John Hayes is a good example. I happen to meet his Dad at the one game I attended this year (did not know it was his Dad initially). He said John was very pleased that his velocity was up this year. Well that's great but does you little good when you have no idea where the ball is going.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              I think John Hayes is a good example. I happen to meet his Dad at the one game I attended this year (did not know it was his Dad initially). He said John was very pleased that his velocity was up this year. Well that's great but does you little good when you have no idea where the ball is going.
              That's actually very telling, because he's had no consistent command whatsoever this season. So it suggests that he may be focused more on pro ball and his "tools" than on what he's doing right now, such as getting people out. Not a winning attitude for WSU at all, and considering that he's currently playing for WSU, not very helpful to the cause.

Comment

I know a little bit about pitching. A very little bit.

If I was walking in Brent's shoes, I would have all of the pitchers switch over to the Tommy John method.

It eliminates a need for pitching versatility and most thinking.

All a pitcher has to learn is how to throw nasty sliders low in the zone and lower in the dirt for strikes.

T. John did it for years with success, during the tail end of his career.

Just a thought.

Just sayin'.
                Last edited by Ricardo del Rio; April 5, 2016, 01:24 PM.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

[QUOTE=Ricardo del Rio;649917]I know a little bit about pitching. A very little bit.

If I was walking in Brett's shoes, I would have all of the pitchers switch over to the Tommy John method.

It eliminates a need for pitching versatility and most thinking.

All a pitcher has to learn is how to throw nasty sliders low in the zone and lower in the dirt for strikes.

T. John did it for years with success, during the tail end of his career.

Just a thought.

Just sayin'.[/QUOTE
                  Last edited by WSU_BASEBALL2; March 29, 2016, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WSU_BASEBALL2 View Post
                    There are no coaches by the name Brett at WSU so maybe before posting about our pitching staff you should learn their names or watch the game.
                    It is not wise for friends or family members of current players, or even current players/coaches/staff to post on Shockernet. As for Ricky, well, he (and me for that matter) was watching Shocker baseball when the locker room was a semi-trailer.
                    Last edited by DUShock; March 29, 2016, 09:40 PM. Reason: Added coaches & staff to the list who should not post on Shockernet.
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

There are no coaches by the name Brett at WSU so maybe before posting about our pitching staff you should learn their names or watch the game.
                      Just stop.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

WSU has pitching staff? 5.50 ERA, 4.9 W/9, 1.59 WHIP says otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          WSU has pitching staff? 5.50 ERA, 4.9 W/9, 1.59 WHIP says otherwise
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by KansasShocker View Post
                            Hit the nail on the head. I also noticed kemnitz not taking mound visits. Talked to my buddy that knows some people within the program (who i extremely trust). I have heard HCTB wants kemnitz gone, has told kemnitz to "shut the f*** up" in front of players and staff. Not saying kemnitz doesnt need to be fired and im not even saying i agree with the taking the pitching coach option out of HCTB hands when he waa hired but i for one think it is complete bull that a head coach (who was a failure in his previous head coaching job) will come in here and completely disrespect one of the best pitching minds in college.

Kemnitz Gone, LOL, He was on the selection committee that hired butler. He got his "Golden Parachute" with a 5 year deal. If I was HCTB I would have never taken that deal.
                            How many of you guys would go into a position to have anyone associated or affiliated with the previous regime in your job. It only creates complications and animosity.

Staffs need to get along but I believe that there are times they need to get away from the field and just go have a few beers to clear the air. I believe that Kemnitz doesn’t participate in those meetings. That is not good for the staff to be at odds with each other.

I will hang up & listen.

Comment

9-19
                              Unfreaking real.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                                Perhaps those more on the inside could find out about this. My guess would be that BK and Butler are not seeing eye to eye regarding the pitching, including the recruitment of pitching. Both may have guarantees in their contracts and push is coming to shove. What I do know is that BK has had a successful career at WSU recruiting and coaching pitchers. I have not seen the same from Butler at WSU for pitchers or position players. Again, strictly guesses.
                                Originally posted by FutureShockerDad View Post
                                Kemnitz Gone, LOL, He was on the selection committee that hired butler. He got his "Golden Parachute" with a 5 year deal. If I was HCTB I would have never taken that deal.
                                How many of you guys would go into a position to have anyone associated or affiliated with the previous regime in your job. It only creates complications and animosity.

Staffs need to get along but I believe that there are times they need to get away from the field and just go have a few beers to clear the air. I believe that Kemnitz doesn’t participate in those meetings. That is not good for the staff to be at odds with each other.

I will hang up & listen.
                                I'll comment since @KansasShocker: was quoting my post to begin with.

Doesn't really matter whether any of us would have agreed to the terms. WSU set the parameters and Butler agreed to it. We don't know if WSU had any kind of stipulations as to Butler and BK working together such as if one or the other was not cooperating with the other, it could be a breech of contract. Probably not since the amount of guarantee/years seems not well thought out.

However, what Butler is doing with the pitching staff now doesn't appear to be working, so maybe he should listen to BK and do what he wants. If he doesn't like the situation, I'm sure WSU would be more than willing to listen to a reduced buyout so he could "get the hell out of Dodge". Otherwise, live with it. If Butler decides to move on, then WSU could buyout BK.

Just a possibility if WSU does not want to buy Butler out for the full amount.

Comment

Working...
                                X