No announcement yet.

Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty sure hooper is climbing the ranks of pro ball. We may have missed the boat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      Let's sue the Cimarron feed Co. They seem to be responsible for train wrecks.
      And this is definitely in excess of $75,000

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        Since we're discussing more pleasant things, do you both favor Standiford over Hooper, assuming he's still available.
        While recognizing that most on here probably prefer Hooper, I would strongly prefer Standiford if we try to keep it in the family. I think he is so much better networked from a recruiting standpoint, and I cannot see any edge Hooper has on him when it comes to player development. I think Mark matches Kevin's strengths on paper, but Kevin does match all of Mark's.

That said, Hoop may be a wonderful hire and I'd be behind him 100% if he is chosen when the time comes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
          Pretty sure hooper is climbing the ranks of pro ball. We may have missed the boat.
          Maybe, but his family still lives here.

Comment

• Why not both? I'm pretty sure we could increase both their salaries and still pay less than what we do today. Not sure if they would work together but it was worth mentioning...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
              Pretty sure hooper is climbing the ranks of pro ball. We may have missed the boat.
              I don't thinks so. 3 years from now maybe. Right now, probably not.

Comment

• It is still mind-boggling to me that ADES put is in this situation where it costs us $1.3 million to extricate us from an obvious failed hire. Maybe their is some fine print in Butler's contract that gives us a reasonable out but I am not aware of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                  Why not both? I'm pretty sure we could increase both their salaries and still pay less than what we do today. Not sure if they would work together but it was worth mentioning...
                  I thought about that, too. Hooper's only drawback is his lack of recruiting on the college level which he could gain under Standiford.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    Please end it. This isn't even baseball.

Anyone else notice that the two best players on this team (Tewes,Mucha) are both Gene recruits?
                    I'm glad Gene was rushed out for this garbage.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      It is still mind-boggling to me that ADES put is in this situation where it costs us $1.3 million to extricate us from an obvious failed hire. Maybe their is some fine print in Butler's contract that gives us a reasonable out but I am not aware of it.
                      And you wonder why Sexton was bombed by so many while he was here. People blindly defended him because he was the head guy and the head guy at WSU can do no wrong.

Was there anything that Sexton did worth a damn while he was the AD? And don't give me the keeping Marshall happy crap because ANYONE that isn't a complete moron could do that. He did not make one SINGLE worthwhile hire, pretty much destroyed the baseball program, and now is gonna take an arm and a leg to just stop the bleeding.

What a complete, incompetent JOKE.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                        While recognizing that most on here probably prefer Hooper, I would strongly prefer Standiford if we try to keep it in the family. I think he is so much better networked from a recruiting standpoint, and I cannot see any edge Hooper has on him when it comes to player development. I think Mark matches Kevin's strengths on paper, but Kevin does match all of Mark's.

That said, Hoop may be a wonderful hire and I'd be behind him 100% if he is chosen when the time comes.
                        I think you intended this: "but Kevin does not match all of Mark's."

If I am wrong, I apologize.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          And you wonder why Sexton was bombed by so many while he was here. People blindly defended him because he was the head guy and the head guy at WSU can do no wrong.

Was there anything that Sexton did worth a damn while he was the AD? And don't give me the keeping Marshall happy crap because ANYONE that isn't a complete moron could do that. He did not make one SINGLE worthwhile hire, pretty much destroyed the baseball program, and now is gonna take an arm and a leg to just stop the bleeding.

Pretty harsh, but I do not disagree.

I caught AD Sexton in a bald face lie once. The odd thing about it, the truth was a much better choice than the lie.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Don't get me started on fADES and especially the manner in which he handled fHCGS. I'll be required to ban myself from Shockernet (again.)

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

It was time for Gene to go. At least ADES did that much. ADES was a decent steward of the house that Schaus built, but that'll only take you so far.

Hopefully Boatright can get the baseball train back on the rails.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                It was time for Gene to go. At least ADES did that much. ADES was a decent steward of the house that Schaus built, but that'll only take you so far.

Hopefully Boatright can get the baseball train back on the rails.
                                It was probably time to transition to leadership in the baseball program but for whatever reason this was handled very poorly. Seems like someone wanted Gene gone unceremoniously. Whether that was on ADES or goes higher up the ladder I couldn't say.

My recollection is that Don Beggs sought Eric out to replace Jim Schaus. I don't recall Eric actively seeking that position. To the extent that is true then Don Beggs deserves some of the blame for seeking out a person who was really not prepared for many aspects of the AD position.

Comment

Working...
                                X