No announcement yet.

Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does pathetic work for a classification?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
      We are currently 264th out of 295 teams in batting average.
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Maybe Annie could be the hitting coach?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          Oh, OK. I was worried we needed to consider this data. But extreme outliers can usually be ignored.
          Actually I think it is the exact opposite. If your numbers are jus below average then you could attribute it to bad luck and make a case that it could turn around. As extreme outlier - there are no rational way to explain why you suck so bad and there is no way it going to turn around. It is a red beacon flashing ----- FIRE ME!

Comment

• @SB Shock: I think this GIF captures @Cdizzle: point

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
              Maybe Annie could be the hitting coach?

I'd still Bull her Durham.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• As an avid baseball player and fan during my younger years, I honestly don't even give much thought to the WSU Baseball team the last few years with Butler.

It is a terrible product. I only go if my family from California is visiting and wants to get to a WSU sporting event (obviously basketball is the top request for them, but baseball works in a pinch).

My uncle is also an alumni and unless he scores free tickets to games from his connections we don't go.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                  I only go if my family from California is visiting and wants to get to a WSU sporting event (obviously basketball is the top request for them, but baseball works in a pinch).
                  This year I might suggest Shocker Softball for a more entertaining outing. This has been the case for the last several years now.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                    @SB Shock I think this GIF captures @Cdizzle point

So if I'm Sheldon, and you were my Leonard.....where were you with the sign?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      So if I'm Sheldon, and you were my Leonard.....where were you with the sign?
                      I am sorry, I was distracted by Penny.

Comment

You want stats!? They have LOWERED the alcohol content allowed at the games by 46.7% at the EXACT time in our history when we desperately needed it to go UP.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Amen to that!!!

Comment

IMO, the worst part about this stat is that the team currently has a .304 BABIP. So, we have been pretty good when the ball is put in play, but striking out at a 25% rate in 792 team AB's is the offensive killer.

Comment

• Ahhhh, I fondly remember the days when people on this board wanted Gene fired because they thought we should be doing better than 39+ wins a season and Regional appearances.

Unfortunately, going 39-28 and going 0-2 in a Regional is a pipe dream at this point.

What a horrible hire Todd Butler turned out to be. But, I guess we shouldn't be surprised since Eric Sexton was in charge of it. It's too bad too, because Todd was/is a nice guy every time I've interacted with him.

Hopefully Darron Boatright turns to the WSU coaching tree and plucks out a nice former Shocker to return us to glory. I'm holding out hope for Kevin Hooper, but I'm thinking pro baseball might be his calling.

There's not much better than sitting on the hill and drinking a frosty beer on a gorgeous April weekend in Wichita.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
                                Ahhhh, I fondly remember the days when people on this board wanted Gene fired because they thought we should be doing better than 39+ wins a season and Regional appearances.

Unfortunately, going 39-28 and going 0-2 in a Regional is a pipe dream at this point.

What a horrible hire Todd Butler turned out to be. But, I guess we shouldn't be surprised since Eric Sexton was in charge of it. It's too bad too, because Todd was/is a nice guy every time I've interacted with him.

Hopefully Darron Boatright turns to the WSU coaching tree and plucks out a nice former Shocker to return us to glory. I'm holding out hope for Kevin Hooper, but I'm thinking pro baseball might be his calling.

There's not much better than sitting on the hill and drinking a frosty beer on a gorgeous April weekend in Wichita.
                                I think Gene's behavior had as much or more to do with his firing as the on field performance.
                                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X