No announcement yet.

Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I came into this season prepared to give Butler one last chance to change my mind but i'm now firmly back on the fire Butler train. I didn't expect a top 25 team or anything but its again become obvious that Butler's approach is flawed.
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• I'm beginning to think that Brent Kemnitz could see he was aboard a sinking ship and decided not to go down with the ship.

Comment

• Just wait until he can recruit to the AAC!
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

• This thread makes me sad, but what really makes me sad is that Butler will likely be back next year. Especially considering the depth of the Valley this year, a top 3 finish is very possible making it a lock he will be back.

Comment

• With the facilities we have we should be recruiting at a high
            level and dominating our league as much as the basketball
            program does. That would mean NCAA appearances nearly
            every year and fans in the stands. I really don't think those
            are unreasonable standards considering the quality of our
            facilities. Recruiting should be relatively easy. TB has had
            ample time to make substantial progress and it just has not
            happened. Money invested in facilities has not garnered any
            return on investment. Any new investment should be in a quality
            coach that the fans and players can get behind.

Comment

• I rather liked HCTB, when he was first hired. Seemed like a good guy and had a passion for wanting to make WSU baseball great again.

Unfortunately, those two qualities aren't always enough. Time to move on. The good thing is, I trust ADDB infinitely more, than I did out previous AD, to make this decision.
              The Assman

Comment

• That whole Gene thing.... Will the program ever recover? I've met TB, nice guy, but getting ass mauled by great teams ain't gonna cut it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  I can see definite comparisons between giacaletti and Butler, but I doubt Butler has the character and pride to quit mid-season when it's obvious that's what needs to happen.
                  Not much up-side to a mid-season change. We'd be stuck with Walker and I think he's a big part of the problem.
                  Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                    Not much up-side to a mid-season change. We'd be stuck with Walker and I think he's a big part of the problem.
                    Can we dump them both and put Steele in charge? He seems to have his head screwed on more or less straight so far.
                    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• I don't give a crap about doing it in the middle of the season. But they need to have the next coach lined up by late April.

Comment

• Whatta nightmare.

d
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• But we're beating NoCo 6-0 already in the 2nd inning. Shocker baseball is back!!!

Comment

• The idiot better be canned at the end of the year.

PERIOD.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              The idiot better be canned at the end of the year.

PERIOD.
                              I agree that HCTB needs to be replaced but I don't think we need to be name calling and making personal attacks on the man. I think he has pretty clearly established based on his resume at McNeese State and Wichita State that he is not a stellar head coach and probably doesn't have the best baseball IQ. However, considering the contract he wrangled out of Wichita State based on a relatively thin resume I don't think you can call the man an idiot. He obviously wasn't the weakest mind in the room when he was hired.

Comment

• You're right. Eric Sexton is the idiot. My apologies.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X