No announcement yet.

Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't blame him so much for a failed hire. Every AD will make his share of those. Even Jim Schaus missed on a couple of women's basketball coaches and a couple of softball coaches. I think Eric's main failure was the lack of business acumen in structuring deals and putting him and his successor in a position where it is extremely costly to correct such failures. Hopefully, future contracts won't be so one-sided at least until a coach proves beyond a reasonable doubt they are worth the keys to the kingdom like 3G.

Comment

• If we are able to make a change, it would be nice to keep it in the family. I'm afraid the only way we may be able to keep a winner for the long term would be someone with past ties to the program. Outsiders may just see it as a stepping stone. Sorry if I'm bringing up something that has been discussed before, my interest in Shocker Baseball has diminished to the point where I no longer regularly read this site. I even let my box seats go after having them from the very first day they built box seats --- back when there were only 4 rows of box seats. Ugh.
      Last edited by Ed Harley; March 23, 2017, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Hooper/Standiford (hopefully an arrangement featuring both) would be a tremendous shot in the arm.

Comment

• The Dream Team would be
          Kevin Hooper - Head Dog
          Steve Lienhardt - Pitching Guru
          Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

• I'm tempted to go to a game while wearing a paper bag on my head this weekend.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Hooper/Stamndiford might open the communication lines between WSU and Stephenson. That would be a good thing.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                I'm tempted to go to a game while wearing a paper bag on my head this weekend.
                Don't want to stand out in small crowd, huh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                  Hooper/Standiford (hopefully an arrangement featuring both) would be a tremendous shot in the arm.
                  I would certainly find my way back out to the ballpark.

Comment

• Originally posted by double dribble View Post
                    Steve Lienhardt - Pitching Guru
                    It would be a bit odd right now, since his son is a SO at OSU.
                    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                      It would be a bit odd right now, since his son is a SO at OSU.
                      He can bring his son with him.

Comment

• I'd be just fine with keeping Coach Steele as well if there's a way to make that work.

He gets an A for the pitching staff's turnaround so far this year (4.29 ERA is hardly immaculate but compared to last year's 5.97 ERA it is completely remarkable). The rest of the staff gets an F with almost no hope of upgrading to a pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                          I'd be just fine with keeping Coach Steele as well if there's a way to make that work.

He gets an A for the pitching staff's turnaround so far this year (4.29 ERA is hardly immaculate but compared to last year's 5.97 ERA it is completely remarkable). The rest of the staff gets an F with almost no hope of upgrading to a pass.
                          I think a new HC needs to be given complete control over his preferred assistants. If they think Steele is the man for the job, so be it. If not, so be it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            I think a new HC needs to be given complete control over his preferred assistants. If they think Steele is the man for the job, so be it. If not, so be it.
                            Of course, I guess I thought that went without saying.

Folks are tossing names out for assistants and figured I'd stick up for the one guy on the staff pulling his weight (and then some).

Comment

• 2nd & 3rd no outs. Can't hit it out of the infield. Who is the hitting coach???
                              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                                2nd & 3rd no outs. Can't hit it out of the infield. Who is the hitting coach???
                                That was comical.

And then the suicide squeeze and baserunning blunders.

At this point, they should fire the staff now and be done with it.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X