No announcement yet.

Tournament Selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing we have always had to accept as WSU baseball fans, is that fans of other MVC baseball programs who want to engage in online conversations about MVC baseball are probably going to end up on ShockerNet due to a lack of interest on their own boards.

But here's the rub. Unless you're a frequent AND respected visitor, "playful jabs" aren't going to go over well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
      Fair enough. I'm not gonna lie. I'm really proud of the top 3 mvc teams this year. I will gladly take some hazing if it means the Bears are 45-10, 1 seeded and hosting a regional. This conference needs this kind of stuff.
      Proud of the flash in the pan? Last year, Missouri State was around .500. A few years ago, they had to bump a team out of the Valley Tournament because last-place Missouri State was hosting. What a great way to qualify for a post-season tournament. This will be their second regional in 12 years. Westurban outdraws them in the regular season.

Yes. A very proud program indeed.

Why has Lusky been absent from the basketball forum for so long?
      *crickets*
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Proud of the flash in the pan? Last year, Missouri State was around .500. A few years ago, they had to bump a team out of the Valley Tournament because last-place Missouri State was hosting. What a great way to qualify for a post-season tournament. This will be their second regional in 12 years. Westurban outdraws them in the regular season.

Yes. A very proud program indeed.

Why has Lusky been absent from the basketball forum for so long?
        *crickets*
        Flash in the pan? LOL. There was almost no one at the MVC tournament this last weekend. And you haven't been to Omaha since 1996. I am sure you will turn things around soon enough but right now we are a national seed that has a coach with CWS pedigree. We should be proud of our program.

Comment

It's more like the Koch brothers outspend MSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Jtaylor View Post
            I'm sorry, what was the name of that baseball field MSU shares with the Cardinals affiliate?

Comment

Just a little more Misery from bare troll #1. Jealous much?
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Why do so many people think the Koch brothers do everything in tandem? Does our basketball team play in the Koch Brothers Arena?

Comment

It's weird how there are more Bare fans talking on our board than their own board during their greatest baseball season of all mankind.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                    Flash in the pan? LOL. There was almost no one at the MVC tournament this last weekend. And you haven't been to Omaha since 1996. I am sure you will turn things around soon enough but right now we are a national seed that has a coach with CWS pedigree. We should be proud of our program.
                    Did I stutter?

Yes, flash in the pan. LOL.

Would you like a definition of it or an example of it? Because you couldn't argue the points I made about Missouri State's stellar regional history thus far. WSU baseball is still more relevant than Missouri State baseball. And that is evident by the attendance figures. Let that sink in for a minute.
                    Last edited by ShockerFever; May 27, 2015, 05:01 PM.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Them Koch brothers must be why the cheapest season ticket at Koch Arena comes in at roughly $600, whereas the cheapest in JQH is $85 (and your entire upper concourse (probably 2/3rds of your seat capacity in JQH) is either $160 or $85).

I suppose they are also to blame for the fact that in possibly the best season in your baseball history you drew close to 1/3rd of the fans as the Shocks have during our worst.

In all seriousness, the Koch's have jackschitt to do with WSU baseball.
                      Last edited by SHOCKvalue; May 27, 2015, 05:20 PM.

Comment

What else is there to do in witchata?

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                          Apparently, CWS pedigrees aren't always what they're cracked up to be. Were you touting that pedigree last year when you finished in 6th place? How about the 2 years where you finished in 8th place. I'd be totally embarrassed if we were hosting the Valley tourney and we got to bump a team that QUALIFIED because we were so bad. Proud indeed.

Comment

...not nearly as much as there is to do in Springfield...?

Comment

Because during college basketball and baseball seasons there is more to do in Springpatch? Is everyone bundling up in the evenings between November and April and driving 45 minutes to throw rocks on the ice of Table Rock Lake, in the dark. To hang out with the geriatrics in Branson in order to watch some has-been performer? With Springpatch's small population of like 160K proper, I'm curious to know what people are doing in town during that time that might be beating out what there is to do in 400K proper Wichita. I'm no huge fan of Wichita the city, but it beats freaking Springfield by orders of magnitude.

Comment

They do have a very nice brewery there. I'll give them that :)

Comment

Working...
                                X