Tournament Selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
    We are. Need to figure out the coaching situation and get your act together or you could be left behind by the rest of the conference.
    Where's the atomic mushroom cloud emoticon?

Comment

MoSt should save itself the trouble of being stuck in a conference with bottom-feeder WSU and go join the Sun Belt

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        Where's the atomic mushroom cloud emoticon?
        SIU fans bought and used all of them.

Comment

This post is glorious. It proves that 100% of why he was staying away from our board was how bad MoSt is in basketball. Give him anything to work with, and he'll be here. How long has it been since he's had anything to shove in our faces? 2 years? 3?

Comment

What a joke. From the Springfield News-Leader

Will Springfield come out and watch this weekend? The Bears drew 6,497 to Hammons Field in April for their annual game with Missouri — the largest home crowd in 11 years. But otherwise, home crowds are less than 2,000.

So we have the following average home attendances for :
            MSU's best season - 1119
            WSU's worst season - 2840

Comment

We are. Need to figure out the coaching situation and get your act together or you could be left behind by the rest of the conference.
              It's interesting how the same could be said about Bear basketball. I am looking forward to when the Bears have a good basketball team again. Over here in the Southwest corner of the MVC, it would be nice if we could get a strong, high end rivalry going that the rest of the conference can envy. I'll add that to my list of things to look forward to next year...

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                MoSt should save itself the trouble of being stuck in a conference with bottom-feeder WSU and go join the Sun Belt
                There is still a sealed envelope on the president's desk waiting to be opened.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Actually. You're still embarrassing, even in baseball. Your team gets a national seed but can't even host a super regional because you're the Springfield Cardinals' bitches. LOL
                  Thanks Fev. What an idiotic statement by GluttonForPunishment. Most people wouldn't think you'd need to get your coaching act together in baseball unless you've recently finished sixth and eighth 2 or 3 times in league play.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                    What a joke. From the Springfield News-Leader

So we have the following average home attendances for :
                    MSU's best season - 1119
                    WSU's worst season - 2840
                    But... Hammons Field?

Comment

This post is glorious. It proves that 100% of why he was staying away from our board was how bad MoSt is in basketball. Give him anything to work with, and he'll be here. How long has it been since he's had anything to shove in our faces? 2 years? 3?
                      It's been a rough stretch in basketball. No doubt. Baseball and football are trending in the right direction though.

And I took a playful jab at worst. I have never like WSU but you do have my respect. After all the talk about how the rest of the Valley isn't investing enough in basketball and damaging your RPI, I think it was time for a tongue in cheek retort when the moment was right.

Comment

I have never like WSU but you do have my respect.
                        And yet, here you are, 3 years and 164 posts into a membership on a Wichita State forum.

BTW, did you happen to notice the piece put out by your very own Springpatch rag recently that revealed for the world to see that MSU's athletic budget is the worst of the MVC publics... by a substantial margin. I'm sorry you are tone deaf on the issue, but MSU will never have legitimately competitive sports at the D1 level until you stop funding at the D2 level. Wichita State outspends Missouri State by somewhere around 160%; let that sink in for a bit.

Comment

After all the talk about how the rest of the Valley isn't investing enough in basketball and damaging your RPI....[/QUOTE]

Is any part of that statement untrue?
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

It's been a rough stretch in basketball. No doubt. Baseball and football are trending in the right direction though.

And I took a playful jab at worst. I have never like WSU but you do have my respect. After all the talk about how the rest of the Valley isn't investing enough in basketball and damaging your RPI, I think it was time for a tongue in cheek retort when the moment was right.
                            Fair enough. I'm not gonna lie. I'm really proud of the top 3 mvc teams this year. I will gladly take some hazing if it means the Bears are 45-10, 1 seeded and hosting a regional. This conference needs this kind of stuff.

Comment

Fair enough. I'm not gonna lie. I'm really proud of the top 3 mvc teams this year. I will gladly take some hazing if it means the Bears are 45-10, 1 seeded and hosting a regional. This conference needs this kind of stuff.
                              But will it continue without the COA stipends in baseball, which WSU will doing? They better enjoy the rest of their season while they can.

Comment

We do invest in baseball and fired a coach in order to attempt to improve ourselves. As opposed to your joke basketball program that has a coach running it into the ground but you don't have any cattle left to sell so you just sit back and watch it happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X