No announcement yet.

Tournament Selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll chime in late...I wasn't pulling for MSU. I can't stand their baseball fans. I can't remember the year...I'm sure someone can put the pieces together. We were hosting the MVC tournament as we always did. My boss was going out of town for the weekend, so he gave me the keys to the skybox and said "Eat all the food and drink all the beer." We had a group of ten or so. The SMS fans were below us so I could hear them and watch them taunt our fans all game...they were loud and obnoxious. I'm thinking it was the top of the 10th and they scored multiple runs. Their fans got worse, their players were talking tons of smack..they thought it was over and so did a lot of WSU fans who started heading for the exits. Then came the bottom of the inning. SMS coach decided to roll out his ace pitcher who had thrown over 100 pitches the day before. He was limping due to another issue, one of the worse cases of pitcher abuse I've seen. We scored run after run and walked off with the win. I wasn't humble at all. I yelled and yelled. Came down from the skybox, climbed over the SMS fans and yelled at their players in their dugout. I was completely classless and it felt good!

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
      I'll chime in late...I wasn't pulling for MSU. I can't stand their baseball fans. I can't remember the year...I'm sure someone can put the pieces together. We were hosting the MVC tournament as we always did. My boss was going out of town for the weekend, so he gave me the keys to the skybox and said "Eat all the food and drink all the beer." We had a group of ten or so. The SMS fans were below us so I could hear them and watch them taunt our fans all game...they were loud and obnoxious. I'm thinking it was the top of the 10th and they scored multiple runs. Their fans got worse, their players were talking tons of smack..they thought it was over and so did a lot of WSU fans who started heading for the exits. Then came the bottom of the inning. SMS coach decided to roll out his ace pitcher who had thrown over 100 pitches the day before. He was limping due to another issue, one of the worse cases of pitcher abuse I've seen. We scored run after run and walked off with the win. I wasn't humble at all. I yelled and yelled. Came down from the skybox, climbed over the SMS fans and yelled at their players in their dugout. I was completely classless and it felt good!
      HAHA! That year was 2003...I remember hearing about that crazy ending. Missouri State did get an advantageous regional and actually made it to Omaha that year. I think WSU was sent to Rice, which might have won the title that year.
      78-65

Comment

• Yup 2003. I too remember that well. It was pretty awesome. I let their entire dugout and smattering of SMS fans know it when we came back and won. They deserved every second of it. The looks on all of their faces was priceless. I even think there was a player or two crying leaving the dugout.

Good times.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Martymoose was in rare form that evening!! That was a fun night that will never be forgotten.

Comment

• The problem with the current method is it's less like receiving a prestigious honor and more like a high school popularity contest (prom queen!)
            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Yup 2003. I too remember that well. It was pretty awesome. I let their entire dugout and smattering of SMS fans know it when we came back and won. They deserved every second of it. The looks on all of their faces was priceless. I even think there was a player or two crying leaving the dugout.

Good times.
              You're right some of the players were crying....good times.

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                I'll chime in late...I wasn't pulling for MSU. I can't stand their baseball fans. I can't remember the year...I'm sure someone can put the pieces together. We were hosting the MVC tournament as we always did. My boss was going out of town for the weekend, so he gave me the keys to the skybox and said "Eat all the food and drink all the beer." We had a group of ten or so. The SMS fans were below us so I could hear them and watch them taunt our fans all game...they were loud and obnoxious. I'm thinking it was the top of the 10th and they scored multiple runs. Their fans got worse, their players were talking tons of smack..they thought it was over and so did a lot of WSU fans who started heading for the exits. Then came the bottom of the inning. SMS coach decided to roll out his ace pitcher who had thrown over 100 pitches the day before. He was limping due to another issue, one of the worse cases of pitcher abuse I've seen. We scored run after run and walked off with the win. I wasn't humble at all. I yelled and yelled. Came down from the skybox, climbed over the SMS fans and yelled at their players in their dugout. I was completely classless and it felt good!
                Odd thing to take pride in.

I noticed some of our college-aged fans saying provocative things at the Canisius team in the first game of the regional. I was sitting nearby and told them in no uncertain terms to knock it off. Fortunately, they complied. After the game I made sure to apologize to some of the Canisius fans and parents. I think heckling is fine. You pay money for the seat so you should be able to have fun. However there is a line. And what really gets me going is when people have the crowd mentality and say stuff that they would never say to someone's face simply because their is a fence and security in between. I've been on both sides of that fence and it is just bad all the way around.

My beef with Arkansas fans is that many went well beyond the good natured ribbing. Viewing social media and message boards they were completely over the top. They have a minor country music star tweeting Matt Hall. Others wishing that players would get hurt getting off the bus. Saying our uniforms suck is one thing. Getting in my face in a semi-confrontational fashion at the Landing in Branson and telling me about pitcher abuse is also fine. And when I say "Charlie Boyce?" and you have no clue what that even means, you are showing the depth of your fanmanship. Or lack thereof. But they completely took it to another level. It is clear that the vast majority didn't respect Missouri State baseball. Or the MVC.
                Last edited by LuskingforGuttin; June 10, 2015, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• You got one thing right. Those uniforms were beyond horrible. They were an atrocity.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Speaking of which, those uniforms did suck. You had one chance to do some branding for your school on national TV this decade, and they went with the puke camo that made it impossible to even read the name and numbers on the jersey.

Comment

• There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Done by our own Tami Cutler. Keep scrolling, youll find MSU eventually. PULL THE ROPE!
                        YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

• Originally posted by Born2Shock View Post
                          http://www.sportswriters.net/ncbwa/n...ance150609.pdf

Done by our own Tami Cutler. Keep scrolling, youll find MSU eventually. PULL THE ROPE!
                          I'm assuming Creighton continues to get boosted by an annual game or series with Nebraska?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            I'm assuming Creighton continues to get boosted by an annual game or series with Nebraska?

YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

• and 10513

Nearly 20k of the 89k from 2 games.
                              YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

• So without those two games, their avg drops to 2586 and would place 28th, behind K-State.

Comment

Working...
                                X