Tournament Selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
    I am proud of the Bears for this season. We have absolutely nothing to hang our heads about. I wish we could get to the point where we support each other in the postseason. Compare this post to the "SEC-SEC" chants that you heard at Baum. Everyone in that conference is pulling on the rope together. It would be nice if we could do the same in the Valley.
    Huh? You and your buddies have been trash talking us since the conference tournament was over, and now you're lamenting that we're not supporting each other in the postseason? What's wrong with this picture?

BTW, "MVC-MVC-MVC "- are you happy now?
    Last edited by Shocker-maniac; June 7, 2015, 11:50 PM.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• I agree that it's disappointing that the series wasn't held in Springfield somehow -- that there couldn't have been an accommodation worked out (and this certainly wasn't the minor league team's finest hour in terms of PR) -- but that's the chance you take when you don't have your own stadium. Playing in Fayetteville was a HUGE disadvantage, probably one of the toughest environments available.

MoSt bounced back nicely from the outlier embarrassment in game 1 and showed themselves to be a worthy representative for the Valley; Arkansas is a good team and a good program in a tough league (can't coast in the SEC, or else you might go from playing for the national championship three years in a row including back to back wins, as South Carolina did from 2010-12, to 13-17 in league play three years later). And the Hogs have that fantastic fan support to boost them if you have play at their park.

One thing we do know -- if the Shocks turn things around next season the way MoSt did this year, and win a regional of their own, whatever else happens they won't lose out on a super in Wichita because the stadium is being used by someone else.

Comment

• So is the CWS going to be just a tournament for the Power 5 conferences this year? Hopefully CSF can squeeze in. I was pulling for MoST and others not in the P5 but it was not to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by engrshock View Post
          So is the CWS going to be just a tournament for the Power 5 conferences this year? Hopefully CSF can squeeze in. I was pulling for MoST and others not in the P5 but it was not to be.
          It's very possible that the field is entirely made up of ACC and SEC teams. Fullerton, TCU, and Illinois have a chance to do something about that however.

That Arkansas team was very good. I don't think there is a better coaching staff in all of college baseball then the one they have. Their fans are another story. For that reason alone I will be cheering hard for Virginia on Saturday and then a second loss. Team is great, Baum is one of he best field's in the country, the fans are bush league. I bumbed into a Hog fan in Branson over the weekend and he was completely insufferable. He kept saying "we." "We, we, we." So I asked him about going to school in Fayetteville and he said he actually went to Arkansas Tech so I told him sweet t-shirt bro.

I think Florida will win the thing if I had to guess. Things are really coming together for them at the right time.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
            It's very possible that the field is entirely made up of ACC and SEC teams. Fullerton, TCU, and Illinois have a chance to do something about that however.

That Arkansas team was very good. I don't think there is a better coaching staff in all of college baseball then the one they have. Their fans are another story. For that reason alone I will be cheering hard for Virginia on Saturday and then a second loss. Team is great, Baum is one of he best field's in the country, the fans are bush league. I bumbed into a Hog fan in Branson over the weekend and he was completely insufferable. He kept saying "we." "We, we, we." So I asked him about going to school in Fayetteville and he said he actually went to Arkansas Tech so I told him sweet t-shirt bro.

I think Florida will win the thing if I had to guess. Things are really coming together for them at the right time.
            I have been to one Arkansas football game. We were away fans, so I always expect some ill-will no matter who the team is, but the way their fans acted to my group... permanently skewed my opinion of Hog fans. Just totally classless.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Of course WSU fans are not going to pull for MSU baseball! This isn't new news! In baseball MSU is sort of akin to Creighton in basketball - all hat no cattle with a lot of trash talking goons for fans.

It is not true that WSU fans wouldn't pull for other MVC teams to do well in the tournament, it is just that the one program we won't is MSU. If DBU or Bradley had made the SR's or CWS this entire forum would be behind them, but since the farthest advancing MVC team this year is MSU there will be no cheering to be had. The fact that the facility that was paraded around ten years ago by MSU fans as the new flagship in the conference now came back around and bit them in the ass since they are not the only tenant, nor the #1 tenant, is greatly entertaining to WSU fans.

This all is not rocket science.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                Of course WSU fans are not going to pull for MSU baseball! This isn't new news! In baseball MSU is sort of akin to Creighton in basketball - all hat no cattle with a lot of trash talking goons for fans.

It is not true that WSU fans wouldn't pull for other MVC teams to do well in the tournament, it is just that the one program we won't is MSU. If DBU or Bradley had made the SR's or CWS this entire forum would be behind them, but since the farthest advancing MVC team this year is MSU there will be no cheering to be had. The fact that the facility that was paraded around ten years ago by MSU fans as the new flagship in the conference now came back around and bit them in the ass since they are not the only tenant, nor the #1 tenant, is greatly entertaining to WSU fans.

I was cheering for MSU! I want the Valley to do well. I have never had an issue with a MSU fan or their fan base. We need any and all Valley teams to go as far as they can, it only brings up our overall profile as a great conference not just dominated by one or two teams.

Comment

• Tensions get high and people act out. As long as it's all talk who cares. I'm not personally rude to anyone but I don't act aghast when I see bad sports fan behavior. I have had opposing teams fans be rude to me, both at home and on the road, including at Missouri State. I chalk it up to tensions, alcohol, bad social skills, whatever.

In my experience fan bases are largely the same.

Except for Missouri State. Their fans are hillbillies.

Just kidding.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    Of course WSU fans are not going to pull for MSU baseball! This isn't new news! In baseball MSU is sort of akin to Creighton in basketball - all hat no cattle with a lot of trash talking goons for fans.

This x 1000.

Apparently there are some noob WSU fans who weren't around these parts in the early 2000s when MSU caught their lightning in a bottle then too. It was deplorable. Lusking, err Casey's entrance into this thread just reinforced the beliefs ShockValue pointed out.

Pig Soooooooooie all the way.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by CharlieHog View Post
                      Tensions get high and people act out. As long as it's all talk who cares. I'm not personally rude to anyone but I don't act aghast when I see bad sports fan behavior. I have had opposing teams fans be rude to me, both at home and on the road, including at Missouri State. I chalk it up to tensions, alcohol, bad social skills, whatever.

Just kidding.
                      This is exactly right. The classic "I like your team but can't stand your fans" statement is always completely subjective to specific experiences. EVERY school has the same spectrum of fans. You have to be able to chalk it up to the nature of the beast in a broad sense...just like you said. Usually, for every one lame fan, each school is going to have 100 nice folks who aren't acting like idiots. On top of that, the same idiot fan at one event can be the most wonderful fan at another. It all depends.

Comment

• Originally posted by CharlieHog View Post
                        Tensions get high and people act out. As long as it's all talk who cares. I'm not personally rude to anyone but I don't act aghast when I see bad sports fan behavior. I have had opposing teams fans be rude to me, both at home and on the road, including at Missouri State. I chalk it up to tensions, alcohol, bad social skills, whatever.

Just kidding.
                        It's ok. It's the truth. They are hillbillies. Bandwagon hillbillies at that.

Congrats on the wins over the Bares Charlie and good luck in Omaha! Hopefully we'll hook up there with ya soon.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          This x 1000.

Apparently there are some noob WSU fans who weren't around these parts in the early 2000s when MSU caught their lightning in a bottle then too. It was deplorable. Lusking, err Casey's entrance into this thread just reinforced the beliefs ShockValue pointed out.

Pig Soooooooooie all the way.
                          I must be one of those "Noob" fans. But Since I have been around since the early 80"s I have seen a lot worse and a lot better...but I would never call out faithful WSU fans that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by KansasShocker View Post
                            Alot of maturity going around on this thread right now.
                            Yep, pretty sad to see Shocker fans act that way. Then again, considering the main 2 involved, I'm not surprised. No class, at all. Should have been rooting for an MVC team to make it to Omaha. These boards are becoming more and more of a joke every day

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                              Yep, pretty sad to see Shocker fans act that way. Then again, considering the main 2 involved, I'm not surprised. No class, at all. Should have been rooting for an MVC team to make it to Omaha. These boards are becoming more and more of a joke every day
                              Are you gonna cry again? Or are you gonna have to get more "help"?

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and leave if these boards are becoming a joke? Unless, of course, you like joke boards and then of course you'd be contradicting yourself.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by KraRam View Post
                                I must be one of those "Noob" fans. But Since I have been around since the early 80"s I have seen a lot worse and a lot better...but I would never call out faithful WSU fans that way.
                                I'm calling those posters out to educate them on where all of this is coming from. Because apparently they think all of this MSU hate is coming out of nowhere, which of course, is not true. ShockValue explained the situation perfectly.

Don't get mad. Understand where it's coming from and learn from it.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X