X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See posts #101 through #108 above.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Portal shows incoming sophomore Eric Fernandez of Miami (FL) 3B PG9. Only had 15 ABs and 2 hits for the 'Canes in his first year. Certainly appears to have the physical talent. I'm very happy with who we have at 3B currently, however.

Beginning to sound like the fall is going to be interesting. To me, Jordan Black appears to be a dude. The infield is getting crowded.
      On his Instagram he lists himself as a SS.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

See posts #101 through #108 above.
        This guy might be a real dude.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not getting all the infielders we have coming in. And I understand over-recruiting. I might not like it, but I get it.

I'm also not going to sit here and try and convince myself or anyone else that RF or LF are more important than SS and 2B. But we have at least 6 (probably more) new middle infielders slated to join CJ, Kam and Jordo. And we jettisoned our arguably most talented (upside) guy that was a backup middle infielder. We have 25 non-pitchers by my count, and I can't see us carrying more than 18 on the 40 and 3 of those have to be catchers.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

This guy might be a real dude.
            You and I have exchanged a little banter about him.....every time I see something about him he looks better and better. A late signing (just this spring) maybe suggests he's taken some big steps forward. Definitely someone to keep an eye on this fall (which is actually only about 5-6 weeks away). Also, you can't teach 6'6". Not saying he's a right handed Tolle, but there's more than a little bit of potential there.

Also came across this interview with Hunter Carlson:

Q&A with Wichita State Commit Hunter Carlson (prepbaseballreport.com)

Reading that makes me think he'll be our backup catcher this fall and that we're unlikely to bring in anyone else at this point. They seem good with Logan as the bullpen/emergency C.

Also hoping Nate Langbehn might help sooner than later. One of the best in Wisconsin. ERA below 0.50 for most of this season. Hard throwing RHP. Has an All Star game Aug 11 after the Brewers Reds game in Milwaukee. Probably just a pitcher but can handle the bat a little bit as well. You almost have to have 1 or 2 two way players at this point to be at your best, imho.​

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Portal shows incoming sophomore Eric Fernandez of Miami (FL) 3B PG9. Only had 15 ABs and 2 hits for the 'Canes in his first year. Certainly appears to have the physical talent. I'm very happy with who we have at 3B currently, however.

Beginning to sound like the fall is going to be interesting. To me, Jordan Black appears to be a dude. The infield is getting crowded.

I could see one these guys replacing Jordan Rogers at 2nd base and moving Jordan back to the outfield (with perhaps some time at first base). Jordan did an admirable job stepping in at 2nd this past Spring but I don't see that as his natural position.

Comment

• Wichita is getting a SS in Eric Fernandez, he was moved over to third at Miami due too overcrowded infield situation. Disregard those stats they do not paint a picture. Mostly pinch hit appearances, started one game and was 2-4 . Wichita is getting a 6"3 physical left handed hitting SS , with a plus arm . Top 5 round talent his junior year. Wichita is getting the steal of the portal, shocker fans will be excited.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theinsider View Post
                  Wichita is getting a SS in Eric Fernandez, he was moved over to third at Miami due too overcrowded infield situation. Disregard those stats they do not paint a picture. Mostly pinch hit appearances, started one game and was 2-4 . Wichita is getting a 6"3 physical left handed hitting SS , with a plus arm . Top 5 round talent his junior year. Wichita is getting the steal of the portal, shocker fans will be excited.
                  Welcome to the board! Always good to add good players and figure it out later, looking forward to seeing what the guys can do this season.

Comment

• Eric, Wichita will be a little cooler in the spring than in Miami. The good news it isn't as humid either. Unless it snows. Welcome to Wichita. By the way I think the best athletes play SS Go Shox

Comment

• Incoming freshman commit Michael Russell announced on his twitter page that he is decommitting and opening up his recruitment.

Based on what I could find on the young man (not a lot) and all the other middle infielders that are slated to arrive, not exactly a huge surprise. I hope the young man finds success wherever he lands.

Comment

• Wichita State Baseball
                        @GoShockersBSB

The Crowder Connection
                        Flame-throwing righty @potternick_19 becomes our third @CrowderBasebal1 signee of the class!

image.png

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Wichita State Baseball
                          @GoShockersBSB

The Crowder Connection
                          Flame-throwing righty @potternick_19 becomes our third @CrowderBasebal1 signee of the class!

image.png

This may be one heck of a pick up if someone/he can solve his vector problem.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• NEOSHO, MO — Crowder Sophomore Right-Handed Pitcher Nick Potter will be heading to Kansas. He announced he will be taking his talents to Wichita State University to play for the Shockers next spring. Potter appeared in 8 games this for Crowder. In 7 innings pitched, he a WHIP of 2.43 and struck out 9 batters […]

Comment

Yeah, will have to see. At least some of these guys are perhaps worth bringing in for look and seeing if you can fix their problems. I think Daniel Zang was an example of that. Electric stuff but no idea how to harness it. The Shockers have had their fair share or more of those guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X