This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiting - Class of 2024

Figured I would kick off the recruiting thread for 2024.

Shox pick up a nice commitment from Devin Wassmann (Outfielder/LHP) out of Platte City Missouri. 6'1" 205 LB lefty who is rated a 9 by Perfect Game (Potential top 10 round pick and/or highest level college prospect).

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/...aspx?ID=537785

#4 player in the Kansas class of 2024 verbals. 3B/RHP. PG8

Listed as 3B primary position, but his fastball is already touching 91 as a HS soph, so stay tuned on that one.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/...aspx?ID=546275
    Last edited by Wuzee; October 11, 2021, 11:14 AM.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
      #4 player in the Kansas class of 2024 verbals. 3B/RHP. PG8

Listed as 3B primary position, but his fastball is already touching 91 as a HS soph, so stay tuned on that one.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/...aspx?ID=546275
      Impressive commitments from our backyard.

Neis is ranked by PG as the #4 ranked baseball player in 2024. Does anyone know who are #1, #2, and #3?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Impressive commitments from our backyard.

Neis is ranked by PG as the #4 ranked baseball player in 2024. Does anyone know who are #1, #2, and #3?
        Can you provide a link to Blake's #4 National ranking? The attached link for PG reveals their Top Ten 2024 recruits and Blake is not listed.

Perfect Game's Class of 2024 HS Top 500 Baseball Player National Rankings. Ranking Last Updated 8/19/2021.

Comment

Blake ranked #5 in Kansas overall and #1 at 3rd base

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Can you provide a link to Blake's #4 National ranking? The attached link for PG reveals their Top Ten 2024 recruits and Blake is not listed.
            Post #2 from Wuzee above was my link (only one post above mine which was #3). I don't have any premium access to state or national rankings. Wuzee knows more than you, I, or probably anyone on here when it comes to Shocker baseball. I guess that I was expecting that all of the posts would be read, and therefore, I didn't state that Kansas was the ranking, but should have.

"#4 player in the Kansas class of 2024 verbals. 3B/RHP. PG8

Listed as 3B primary position, but his fastball is already touching 91 as a HS soph, so stay tuned on that one."

Note
            I was just curious who were the Top 3 in Wuzee's ranking. PBR is very close to the other ranking, and already seems to be out of date, because they list Blake Neis as having a FB in the mid 80's, and either Wuzee or PG (maybe both) list him as having a FB at 91.
            Last edited by Shockm; October 16, 2021, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Post #2 from Wuzee above was my link (only one post above mine which was #3). I don't have any premium access to state or national rankings. Wuzee knows more than you, I, or probably anyone on here when it comes to Shocker baseball. I guess that I was expecting that all of the posts would be read, and therefore, I didn't state that Kansas was the ranking, but should have.

"#4 player in the Kansas class of 2024 verbals. 3B/RHP. PG8

Listed as 3B primary position, but his fastball is already touching 91 as a HS soph, so stay tuned on that one."

Note
              I was just curious who were the Top 3 in Wuzee's ranking. PBR is very close to the other ranking, and already seems to be out of date, because they list Blake Neis as having a FB in the mid 80's, and either Wuzee or PG (maybe both) list him as having a FB at 91.
              Apologies, my mistake I misread your post; as you post these rankings change frequently so I thought I was behind the curve. The link I provided shows the Top ranked players in Kansas -

1. BLAKE O'BRIEN OF / RHP / ST. THOMAS AQUINAS, KS

2. CAMERON CARTER OF / LHP / OLATHE WEST, KS

3. GRIFFIN ALLEN RHP / OF / BLUE VALLEY NORTH, KS

4. BROOKS JONES LHP / OF / LAWRENCE, KS

Comment

KungWu can you make this one a sticky. You can probably un-stick the Recruiting Class of 2021. I'll let you make that call.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Apologies, my mistake I misread your post; as you post these rankings change frequently so I thought I was behind the curve. The link I provided shows the Top ranked players in Kansas -

1. BLAKE O'BRIEN OF / RHP / ST. THOMAS AQUINAS, KS

2. CAMERON CARTER OF / LHP / OLATHE WEST, KS

3. GRIFFIN ALLEN RHP / OF / BLUE VALLEY NORTH, KS

4. BROOKS JONES LHP / OF / LAWRENCE, KS

Not that it really matters, but in a Sept. 27, 2021 PBR post, Neis was listed as #4. PBR isn't necessarily all that consistent when updating lists around their website, though, so either ranking is possible, and more a feel-good thing than tangible info anyway.

https://www.prepbaseballreport.com/n...024-1758306249. (The image below is toward the bottom of the page.)

neis.jpg
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

So, is high school baseball not played anywhere in Kansas but in a small area of the northeast?

Comment

If Neis can throw a 91 MPH FB already, I like him. At 6'1, 200+ lbs, (I saw it somewhere even though PG only has him at 190) and 15 years old, he probably has a high ceiling.

Comment

Recruiting continues to go very, very well.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          So, is high school baseball not played anywhere in Kansas but in a small area of the northeast?
                          Looks like it's played across a wider area than that.

Comment

I was being facetious (but maybe you knew that). I made the remark because all the PBR top 10 came from that area and I was "surprised" that no player from southeast Kansas (or any where else in Kansas) made the list.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I was being facetious (but maybe you knew that). I made the remark because all the PBR top 10 came from that area and I was "surprised" that no player from southeast Kansas (or any where else in Kansas) made the list.
                              I think someone else kind of noted that the Wichita area that used to produce some nice local talent has kind of fallen behind lately. It is puzzling.

Comment

Working...
                              X