Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can confirm the possible interest in Arnand. His visit must be over as he is leaving Wichita and boarding a flight to Dallas this AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post

Can confirm the possible interest in Arnand. His visit must be over as he is leaving Wichita and boarding a flight to Dallas this AM.
      Now that would be a good pickup!!!

Comment

• I would hope the woody is about the Siena guy not the other...

Comment

• Does seem to be a project or perhaps a walk on. Only pitched 7 innings this past season. Did strike out 9 but also gave up 12 runs (10 earned) on 10 hits and 7 walks. Sounds like he may be one of those guys with decent stuff but lousy command.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; 2 days ago.

Comment

• nm

Comment

• I'm counting in excess of 50 kids currently planning on being at fall practice. I think that number must be trimmed to 40 or so by the start of 2nd semester. For what it's worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                I'm counting in excess of 50 kids currently planning on being at fall practice. I think that number must be trimmed to 40 or so by the start of 2nd semester. For what it's worth.
                One of the things that is utterly broken about college baseball. And has been for way longer than the existence of portals and 7 years of eligibility with unlimited transferring.

Comment

• As with everything, there are always several ways to look at something.

For instance, if I'm a juco grad, and I want a chance to play D1 and I'm willing to tryout for a role, hoping to convince the coaches I can help, I think we can all be on board with that.

Stockpiling talent, knowing you're keeping kids that could play elsewhere from being able to compete....I think we're all NOT on board with that.

Protecting your team from potential injuries (which happen every year in baseball).....acceptable.

Lying to kids about support and playability.....not acceptable.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    As with everything, there are always several ways to look at something.

For instance, if I'm a juco grad, and I want a chance to play D1 and I'm willing to tryout for a role, hoping to convince the coaches I can help, I think we can all be on board with that.

Stockpiling talent, knowing you're keeping kids that could play elsewhere from being able to compete....I think we're all NOT on board with that.

Protecting your team from potential injuries (which happen every year in baseball).....acceptable.

Lying to kids about support and playability.....not acceptable.
                    Agreed and agreed.

And while I don't drive the NCAA hate train many do, a lot of this goes back to the ridiculous scholarship limitations on baseball. And a lot of that goes back to Title IX, but I digress. This one is a cluster that needs fixed from several sides, and has for 35 years.

Comment

• Got the Siena pitcher. Not bad.

Comment

• 2024 (Junior)
                        • Made 14 appearances including 10 starts
                        • Logged a 6.20 ERA with a 2-4 record on 53.2 innings pitched
                        • Struck out 58 and walked 39

2023 (SOPHOMORE)
                        • Made nine appearances including three starts
                        • Logged a 12.57 ERA with an 0-2 record on 19.1 innings pitched
                        • Struck out 13 and walked 22
                        • Pitched a scoreless inning against Florida on March 12
                        2022 (FRESHMAN)
                        • Made nine appearances including five starts
                        • Logged a 14.44 ERA with an 0-1 record on 14.1 innings pitched
                        • Struck out 11 and walked 23
                        https://sienasaints.com/sports/baseball/stats/2024

Comment

• I'm starting to think we aren't going to pull a weekend starter out of our ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                            Got the Siena pitcher. Not bad.

Seems like a okay get although he didn't exactly have shut down stats at Sienna especially his first 2 years there and I don't think the MAAC is exactly a baseball powerhouse conference. The opportunity to be a hoss is certainly there for the taking although not sure where he will fit in. I don't really see him as a replacement for Favors or LaPortal. I assume he was probably guaranteed a roster spot in order to entice him to come to Wichita for his final year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              2024 (Junior)
                              • Made 14 appearances including 10 starts
                              • Logged a 6.20 ERA with a 2-4 record on 53.2 innings pitched
                              • Struck out 58 and walked 39

2023 (SOPHOMORE)
                              • Made nine appearances including three starts
                              • Logged a 12.57 ERA with an 0-2 record on 19.1 innings pitched
                              • Struck out 13 and walked 22
                              • Pitched a scoreless inning against Florida on March 12
                              2022 (FRESHMAN)
                              • Made nine appearances including five starts
                              • Logged a 14.44 ERA with an 0-1 record on 14.1 innings pitched
                              • Struck out 11 and walked 23
                              https://sienasaints.com/sports/baseball/stats/2024
                              Hmmm that’s not the stats he was showing on Twitter. Now that I look those were conference starter stats that I saw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                                I'm starting to think we aren't going to pull a weekend starter out of our ass.
                                Our Freshman were all pretty solid. Any of them are capable of being rotation guys, however, the Friday starter still is troublesome since LaPortal left.

Comment

Working...
                                X