Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can attest 100% that kids going to SEC schools know that they will have to come in and earn a spot. Even if they get NIL, it is contingent on making the cut.

Coaches work hard to support those with the right attitude and effort to find a good landing spot. The others are just told buh-bye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
      I can attest 100% that kids going to SEC schools know that they will have to come in and earn a spot. Even if they get NIL, it is contingent on making the cut.

Coaches work hard to support those with the right attitude and effort to find a good landing spot. The others are just told buh-bye.
      Every athlete at every level knows they have to earn a spot, regardless of money. But if you come in thinking there are 35-40 guys you're up against vs 45-50 guys you're up against, that changes your odds quite a bit. Would that change their decision on where to commit if they knew about these numbers ahead of time? Transparency and communication don't get to take a back seat just because "it's a business" or because these guys are getting "paid to play." The most highly respected people in business are those with good communication. HCBG seems, at least from an outsider, to communicate well. I'm not sure about the pitching coach. How many times did you see him make a mound visit last year to talk to the pitcher and make adjustments? Maybe a handful of times. Majority of the time he just went out there with the hook.

Comment

• If you don’t have 40-45 guys competing for the 34 spots, you’re not deep enough.

Comment

Working...
        X